Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

One of my all time favorite videos. Perfect song from a perfect band. Lowell George is a legend to me. 

And you know you're doing something right when you have Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt on background vocals. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbo said:

One of my all time favorite videos. Perfect song from a perfect band. Lowell George is a legend to me. 

And you know you're doing something right when you have Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt on background vocals. 

A young Bonnie Raitt was 🔥😻

On 7/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I heard this song on the local college station. I just love the video that goes with it.

I've been in bars like that with people like that.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

If we start talking about bars we've been in man I could tell some story's. Lets just say from the Caribbean/Bahamas  islands to Miami and all in between New Jersey

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That was great! I gotta dig a bit on these guys.

They're a cool band. I can't say all their songs work for me, but they're rock solid and put on a helluva live show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

They're a cool band. I can't say all their songs work for me, but they're rock solid and put on a helluva live show. 

I was sold when they wheeled out the organ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was sold when they wheeled out the organ.

I'm right there with you on that. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Been waiting on this. Drops in October.

For a while, I've meant to dig into these guys. Know very little about them. I do like Kurt Vile quite a bit. 

Any recommended starting points?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cbo said:

For a while, I've meant to dig into these guys. Know very little about them. I do like Kurt Vile quite a bit. 

I dove right on with their album Lost in the Dream. I was immediately hooked. I blame it on @ShocksMyBrain. A Deeper Understanding is a damn fantastic album as well. They released a live album last year that’s great as well.

I haven’t dug into much of their early stuff yet, so I can’t speak to it.

All I know is, their music makes me feel damn good. They are a hella talented group of musicians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cbo said:

So, I’ll share one of my favorite TWOD songs the same way Shocks did here.

In 2018, I was working on a fire derail in Oregon/Nevada and we were staying in a bunkhouse on the NWR where we were focusing our efforts. High desert, sagebrush, very dry. There was a huge ridge line right behind the bunkhouse that some of the firefighters climbed in the mornings for exercise. So I got up one morning and hiked it myself. Watched the sun rise(pic below) through the smoke and had my headphones in while listening to this song. It. Just. Hit. Right.

A69EAF81-B128-4E6E-A5C1-AD7F733E1668.png

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, Tigermike said:

Yeah and the parking lots. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

In 2018, I was working on a fire derail in Oregon/Nevada and we were staying in a bunkhouse on the NWR where we were focusing our efforts. High desert, sagebrush, very dry. There was a huge ridge line right behind the bunkhouse that some of the firefighters climbed in the mornings for exercise. So I got up one morning and hiked it myself. Watched the sun rise(pic below) through the smoke and had my headphones in while listening to this song. It. Just. Hit. Right.

Great story.  It brought back a memory from many years ago.   We were in Juneau, Alaska and hiked to the top of a mountain and camped for two nights.  On the first morning we were sitting on a ledge eating smoked salmon and Gouda cheese for breakfast.  We were above the clouds and all we could see were the mountaintops rising above the clouds.

This isn't my picture, I just found it to give an idea of our view.

clouds4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

So, I’ll share one of my favorite TWOD songs the same way Shocks did here.

A69EAF81-B128-4E6E-A5C1-AD7F733E1668.png

Reaaalllly enjoyed the song. I have added Lost in the Dream to my playlist. 

And I love the story. Nothing quite like those perfect moments accompanied by the perfect song. And, if you're like me, that song will always remind you of that moment. 

Thanks for sharing. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Reaaalllly enjoyed the song. I have added Lost in the Dream to my playlist. 

And I love the story. Nothing quite like those perfect moments accompanied by the perfect song. And, if you're like me, that song will always remind you of that moment. 

Thanks for sharing. 

I love a story as well, especially when it comes to songs/music.

I fell headlong onto this band. Those two albums, I can play them start to finish without ever thinking about skipping a song. There are only a few bands/artists that do that for me.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, this cat is so freaking talented.

He is insanely talented. And I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into him. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, augolf1716 said:

Big fan of The Smiths

Love The Smiths. My personal favorites are How Soon is Now? and There is a Light that Never Goes Out. 

• Love 1