Starting lineup in 16-17

TexasTiger

Spencer was a true freshman. His offensive skills got better as the year went on, and his foul trouble should improve as he matures. He plays hard and I am optimistic about his future.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My updated guess based on what I've heard FWIW

Guard- Ronnie Johnson

Wing- Mustapha Heron

Wing- TJ Dunnans

Stretch 4-Danjel Purifoy

Big- Horace Spencer

Add Laron to that list E and were going to the tourney... Were still not the deepest team, but if we can stay healthy we can get in... I'm really really excited about BB.

Guard- Ronnie Johnson

Wing- Mustapha Heron

Wing- TJ Dunnans

Stretch 4-Danjel Purifoy

Big- Horace Spencer

Put the four on the wing and have the 5 star come off the bench and I think we'll have a chance

Guard- Ronnie Johnson

Wing- Mustapha Heron

Wing- TJ Dunnans

Stretch 4-Danjel Purifoy

Big- Horace Spencer

Put the four on the wing and have the 5 star come off the bench and I think we'll have a chance

Maybe but word in the program is barring injuries Dunnans, Danjel, & Heron are locks to start. That's why I guessed at the line up the way I did. I thought the same as you before I heard that.

Add Laron to that list E and were going to the tourney... Were still not the deepest team, but if we can stay healthy we can get in... I'm really really excited about BB.

For us that's the NIT. Making the NCAA would be awesome but making the NIT is more attainable and would be progress also.

Welp... scratch Trayvon Reed of this list.

He done.

I haven't seen anything so what happened.

Time to use that open spot that Reed left open

Georgia Tech commit Romello White's mother told ESPN that her son has had change of heart. Has requested release from his letter of intent - Jeff Goodman

• 2 weeks later...

A key player from last year seems to have been left out when we are talking about next year. Bryce Brown he has an extremely sweet stroke as we saw in the Tennessee game. With all the new talent coming in we all myself included seem to have forgotten what a pure shooter he is. Because of our not having a true point guard last year he was forced out of his comfort zone last year. He is a pure spot up shooter who with the right PG will blossom. I also think having more competition during the summer and fall will force him to work on other parts of his game. If he can improve his ball handling skills and with that create the ability to setup his own shot we will see him blossom in his second year at Auburn. He may not be a starter but I think you will see him playing quality minutes giving Auburn depth and a scoring punch at SG.

A key player from last year seems to have been left out when we are talking about next year. Bryce Brown he has an extremely sweet stroke as we saw in the Tennessee game. With all the new talent coming in we all myself included seem to have forgotten what a pure shooter he is. Because of our not having a true point guard last year he was forced out of his comfort zone last year. He is a pure spot up shooter who with the right PG will blossom. I also think having more competition during the summer and fall will force him to work on other parts of his game. If he can improve his ball handling skills and with that create the ability to setup his own shot we will see him blossom in his second year at Auburn. He may not be a starter but I think you will see him playing quality minutes giving Auburn depth and a scoring punch at SG.

He hasn't been forgotten just not discussed. He will be a very valuable contributer off the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

G:Ronnie Johnson, Jared Harper, New Williams

G:Brown, Herron/Dunans, Williams

F:Pufiroy, Dunans/Herron, Lang, Mclemore

F:Spencer, Pufiroy, Mclemore, Waddell

C:Laron Smith, Spencer

G:Ronnie Johnson, Jared Harper, New Williams

G:Brown, Herron/Dunans, Williams

F:Pufiroy, Dunans/Herron, Lang, Mclemore

F:Spencer, Pufiroy, Mclemore, Waddell

C:Laron Smith, Spencer

If you look at the players here we have 2-3 players at every position that is a really solid player. This kind of depth will let Pearl play the type of hectic up tempo D and O that he prefers as he can sub players as they get tired. If we can avoid the injury bug we will have the deepest team I will have seen at Auburn in many years.

I think we have a very good shot at NIT and a legit but not great shot at the NCAA. So many new players learning the system is why I think NCAA is still a bit of a reach but I would not be surprised if they make the NCAA.

By the end of the season they will no longer be a young team so if they make NCAA they might win a game or 2 or 3.

Year after watch out.

We're going to have quite a bit of wings on this roster, but after last year's injury avalanche I'm not mad at it. With Purifoy, Heron, Dunans, New Williams, Lang, and Brown it will be interesting to see how the playing time is divided up.

We're going to have quite a bit of wings on this roster, but after last year's injury avalanche I'm not mad at it. With Purifoy, Heron, Dunans, New Williams, Lang, and Brown it will be interesting to see how the playing time is divided up.

Some players who should be SF will play out of position. I expect to see Purifoy and Lang playing some stretch 4 on D it will hurt us some but should be a match up problem for other team on D also forcing their Power Forward to come outside to defend these players. It will be a fun year.

Some players who should be SF will play out of position. I expect to see Purifoy and Lang playing some stretch 4 on D it will hurt us some but should be a match up problem for other team on D also forcing their Power Forward to come outside to defend these players. It will be a fun year.

We're going to have to do a lot of the small ball I think. We will be fun to watch on offense hopefully, especially with more weapons than last year. But as you said it might hurt us defensively and rebounding since we don't really have another big to play with or really behind Horace, unless I'm just having a major brain fart right now

Purifoy is up to 6'8 & is projected to start at the stretch 4 as things are now.

How many more roster sports do we have? Any potential targets?

1 & not known. Basketball staffs & sources keep that kind of info tighter than the football counter parts.

1 & not known. Basketball staffs & sources keep that kind of info tighter than the football counter parts.

Was thinking they would sign Romello White because of Chad Dollar's move from GT to AU. Have to get a stretch 4 or 5 that can match the fast pace.

Here is a Podcast with a great coach and an even greater person - Legendary Sonny Smith. I wanted to post this as it's own thread but the site would not let me. Any suggestions? I created a member ship...KEN

http://collegehoopsw...ch-sonny-smith/

You have to have 50 or 100 posts to be able to start a thread so the suggestion is get involved & post. Also welcome Ken! Glad you are here.

Was thinking they would sign Romello White because of Chad Dollar's move from GT to AU. Have to get a stretch 4 or 5 that can match the fast pace.

Romello unlikely with AU. Link

Archived