Players React to Craig Leaving

Proud Tiger

Sounds like our new WRs don't have a big problem with Craig leaving.

Auburn players react to Dameyune Craig's departure for LSU

Dameyune Craig signed one of the better crop of receivers in the country Feb. 3.

Eleven days later, he bolted for LSU.

How did Auburn's four new receivers, including four-star receiver Nate Craig-Myers, respond? Auburn's newcomers have not returned messages from AL.com, but mid-year enrollee Kyle Davis appears to be taking the lead on social media for the talented crop of incoming recruits.

He tweeted Sunday: "We still locked and loaded, ain't nothing change." The message was re-tweeted by fellow incoming receivers Eli Stove and Craig-Myers.

Craig-Myers, a four-star prospect, committed to Auburn on National Signing Day. He chose the Tigers over North Carolina after de-committing from the Tigers last summer. A source close to Craig-Myers said he is "doing good" since the news of Craig's departure.

Below is more reaction from the Tigers on social media following Craig's defection.

read the rest here:

http://www.al.com/au..._river_home_pop

Sounds like our new WRs don't have a big problem with Craig leaving.

http://www.al.com/au..._river_home_pop

Shhhhhh! It's unacceptable to say anything other than the greatest recruiter in the history of the world and the brightest offensive mind in college football deserted his alma mater because of administrative bungling. Get with the program, Proud Tiger!

That's great and I'm proud to here them being so positive but really, what else would you expect. It's not like they have an alternative. You can bet your bottom dollar that while I'm sure they were not coerced they dang sure we're encouraged.

The truth is out there.

Craig was a huge reason they came, but let's say you get stranded by a coach at a school. Would you rather that school be a place like Auburn, or somewhere like Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Tallahassee, Starkville, etc. These guys are winners regardless of who their position coach is.

:-\/>

This

Yup. I hope people realize the chances are highly likely the players & signees had already been told by the AU staff how to respond to this situation. It was in the works a day before CDC left. Plenty of time for staff to get in touch w/ kids & calm their emotions.

At this point, I think the recruits will soon be won over by Kodi Burns. I think Kodi wants to be here and is happy to be coaching at Auburn. This is a super opportunity for Kodi and I think he will work his tail off to be the best WR coach in the SEC in due time.

I hated to see CDC leave as bad as anyone. However if he was unhappy here, it would likely show to some degree in due time. I know he is a professional and I have a lot of respect and am appreciative of the job he did for us.

We need to move on with this and stand behind Kodi and give him our support.

"At this point, I think the recruits will soon be won over by Kodi Burns."

Agreed. I am still unbelievably impressed by the manner and the success of his transition from QB to WR. You have to respect his attitude and determination.

CDC sold these guys on Auburn and how great it is, while they would have loved to be coached by him, he didn't sell his coaching, he sold Auburn.

Bingo. Unlike Troop he got recruits tied to the school instead of himself.

CDC sold these guys on Auburn and how great it is, while they would have loved to be coached by him, he didn't sell his coaching, he sold Auburn.

the Gus chest bumpers won't touch this

the Gus chest bumpers won't touch this

LOL. What in the world does that have to do with Gus? Couldn't resist taking a cheap shot out of the blue?

Archived