2017 5* WR Tyjon Lindsey

ellitor

The main thing to remember is rankings don't matter unless we get somebody ranked high....If you remember that code you'll always feel good about recruiting

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35.5 th best recruit (on average) is closer to the number 1 best recruit on average than 42.5 th best recruit

Is that how it works? Ok then, thanks.

Yes. I should have said the lower the rank number average means the higher rated player. Our Derrick Brown was 6+9+9+17=41. 41/4=10.25 rank average. 10.25 rank average is better than 42.5. Why they have a formula that makes 42.5 the cutoff, I don't know. I just know it is & have checked it against star ratings many times.

So the ratings are relative to the other players in the crop of recruits that year and the number of 5 stars never changes? That doesn't seem like a great system,

35.5 th best recruit (on average) is closer to the number 1 best recruit on average than 42.5 th best recruit

Yes. I should have said the lower the rank number average means the higher rated player. Our Derrick Brown was 6+9+9+17=41. 41/4=10.25 rank average. 10.25 rank average is better than 42.5. Why they have a formula that makes 42.5 the cutoff, I don't know. I just know it is & have checked it against star ratings many times.

So the ratings are relative to the other players in the crop of recruits that year and the number of 5 stars never changes? That doesn't seem like a great system,

I know 247 has said they personally only rank 32 5* kids every year to mimic the NFL draft (in their eyes those 32 kids are most likely to be first-rounders), but they've contradicted that statement in some of the stuff they're written too.

I get you don't want to have too many/few 5*s in a given year, but I'd much rather see them give the guys however many stars they think they deserve, and if that means we have 10 5* QBs one year and 2 the next then so be it

It changes based on the rank order averages on the composite. 5*s the past 5 classes

2012=35

2013=34

2014=33

2015=35

2016=25

The reason the 2016 class only had 25 as compared to the others that were in the 30s was because there was less of a consensus similarities on individual player rankings across the 4 sites, meaning the players had a wider range of rankings than in other years.

ESPN catches a lot of recruiting flak & rightfully so but the 1 thing they do right IMO is w/ 5*s. They may miss on their evaluations but their methodology is sound. They go through each recruit & if that recruit checks off all their evaluation boxes he is a 5* no matter the rank order. If a recruit misses a box then he is a 4* to them even if they feel the recruit is the 10th best recruit in the class. That's why they only have between 9 & 15 5*s usually.

I know 247 has said they personally only rank 32 5* kids every year to mimic the NFL draft (in their eyes those 32 kids are most likely to be first-rounders), but they've contradicted that statement in some of the stuff they're written too.

I get you don't want to have too many/few 5*s in a given year, but I'd much rather see them give the guys however many stars they think they deserve, and if that means we have 10 5* QBs one year and 2 the next then so be it

Yeah. That's why ESPN is probably the best measure for seeing how much depth there is in elite talent in a given class. 9 5*s not that much elite talent depth. 20 5*s is a lot of elite talent depth.

• 1 month later...

Looks like AU made his top 10. SDDS Link

AU was among some strong competition for his services though. As they were ordered in his video: Oregon, UAt, USCw, AU, Nebraska, Ohio State, ND, TX A&M, UT, Michigan

The article nor the tweet say anything about if this list is ordered or not. But it does say that he has shut down his recruitment except for these schools.

**NOTE: Sorry I didn't quote article because it didn't really say anything. The list was a video

AU was among some strong competition for his services though. As they were ordered in his video: Oregon, UAt, USCw, AU, Nebraska, Ohio State, ND, TX A&M, UT, Michigan

The article nor the tweet say anything about if this list is ordered or not. But it does say that he has shut down his recruitment except for these schools.

**NOTE: Sorry I didn't quote article because it didn't really say anything. The list was a video

It's not ordered.

It's not ordered.

I assumed that was the case

Got some family ties to Gorman program. Lindsey is apparently 100% the real deal and one of the best athletes to ever come through the place. Word is he's transferring out of Gorman this year (family's moving) so will be interesting to see where he ends up. He doesn't seem set on making a decision anytime soon

As far as his teammate Tate Martell (QB), he likes to improvise and Texas A&M has sold him on them being able to turn him into Johnny Football (the football player anyways). You never know with recruiting, but he talks about A&M every day

Word is he's transferring out of Gorman this year (family's moving) so will be interesting to see where he ends up.

He already transferred to Centennial in Corona, Ca.

Word is he's transferring out of Gorman this year (family's moving) so will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Well whoooops my bad. Should've checked all that

Well whoooops my bad. Should've checked all that

Thank you for the insight though.

Some old stomping grounds use to work in Corona way back when

When? During the Gold Rush?

lol almost and sure seems like it. Look at e making jokes and that was a good one e.................. :hellyeah:

I live there now (Corona, CA)

lol almost and sure seems like it. Look at e making jokes and that was a good one e.................. :hellyeah:/>

E has been on fire lately!!!

Well get your ass out there and say a few War Eagles to Tyjon

Well get your ass out there and say a few War Eagles to Tyjon

Might just do that now that I know we're interested in him.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AUBURN VISIT WAS A COMPLETE SUCCESS ???❕ All I have to say is, ...webicon_green.png

Cnc2LKPWgAAlXzt.jpg

Cnc2LKTXEAAkoG3.jpg
Cnc2LKTW8AAgISD.jpg
Cnc2LKmW8AAtq5a.jpg

Change of plans, I WILL be back to Auburn University in the morning to finish off my visit❕???

Archived