2016 Spring Practice - Day 13

RunInRed

OC Rhett Lashlee

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee says Jeremy Johnson, Sean Whitee, John Franklin III will 'probably rotate pretty evenly' at A-Day

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee on new QB John Franklin III: 'The thing is he's been able to do is pick everything up.'

No contact: Auburn quarterbacks won't be live in Saturday's A-Day Game.

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on QB John Franklin III: 'He's got a lot of ball he needs to play at that position. His attitude has been phenomenal'

Backup quarterback Tyler Queen has shoulder injury, won't play in Saturday's A-Day Game. 'We don't anticipate surgery,' says Rhett Lashlee

'I think we're in a lot better shape,' says Rhett Lashlee of Auburn quarterbacks. Sean White and Jeremy Johnson are 'in a much better place'

Auburn's running backs should get equal carries in Saturday's A-Day Game, says Rhett Lashlee

Jeremy Johnson, Sean White more comfortable running zone read than John Franklin III. That's because they've run it more, says Rhett Lashlee

@AUGoldMine

Lashlee on JF3: "He doesn't have a lot of mental mistakes. ... He's done everything right, but he's not quite where he's just reacting."

Lashlee said JF3's biggest thing is he needs to work on protecting the ball.

Lashlee when asked a/b expectations of a JUCO QB: "You're right; you don't bring a junior college quarterback in and not expect him to play"

Lashlee on WRs: "It's still fairly open-ended" Praises Ryan Davis, Marcus Davis.

Lashlee: "We don't have a go-to guy yet. ... I'd say Marcus is the most dependable guy we've got."

What does Rhett Lashlee want to see from offense Saturday? Toughness. Tempo. Play-making.

@AUBlog

If JJ is comfortable playing the zone read then that could be huge. I hope its not just coach speech and JJ can translate it to the field during a game.

I don't like the "No contact: Auburn quarterbacks won't be live in Saturday's A-Day Game".

IMO, there is no substitute for contact and pressure to get all involved, particularly the QB's. Yea, yea, I know they may get hurt but someone has to separate themselves at the QB position and take charge of this team and now is the time!

Lashlee on JF3: "He doesn't have a lot of mental mistakes. ... He's done everything right, but he's not quite where he's just reacting."

Once again, see above, contact will create reaction (both good and bad). It's A Day. Aside from the possibility of injuries, I just don't see the benefit of no contact practice..............

I don't like the "No contact: Auburn quarterbacks won't be live in Saturday's A-Day Game".

IMO, there is no substitute for contact and pressure to get all involved, particularly the QB's. Yea, yea, I know they may get hurt but someone has to separate themselves at the QB position and take charge of this team and now is the time!

Once again, see above, contact will create reaction (both good and bad). It's A Day. Aside from the possibility of injuries, I just don't see the benefit of no contact practice..............

Disagree..now is not the time for anything....wait until a couple weeks into fall practice at the very least.

Who's the new QB with the orange arm? Looks pretty stout. I'm betting he could take a hit....

Highly immobile and has not shown the ability to complete a forward pass at all. ;)

Who's the new QB with the orange arm? Looks pretty stout. I'm betting he could take a hit....

Highly immobile and has not shown the ability to complete a forward pass at all. ;)

So he's already moved up to second on the depth chart?

Disagree..now is not the time for anything....wait until a couple weeks into fall practice at the very least.

I don't know of any SEC team that plays their QB live in a spring game or even much spring practices. There is a reason for that.

I thought that was a Tight End making a one-handed grab.

I don't know of any SEC team that plays their QB live in a spring game or even much spring practices. There is a reason for that.

Correct^^^^. People are just scared now after what happened to JJ last year (understandably so)

So, what we've learned is that our QBs are all going to run the zone read, Franklin's only real problem is the biggest problem, protecting the ball, and we better hope and pray that our new crop of receivers are ready to go as true freshmen.

I'm definitely still hanging all of my hopes on a VERY productive off-season.

"What does Rhett Lashlee want to see from offense Saturday? Toughness. Tempo. Play-making."

I would really like to hear him include "execution". Seems I have heard tempo and rhythm being used much more than execution over the past couple of years. Great to have the tempo and rhythm...but, without execution, it just doesn't amount to much.

My $0.02

They call him Cactus Jack.

Looks and sounds tough...so why is he in a full body no contact suit?

Don't want anyone else on the team getting stuck with those little spine thingies.

So, what we've learned is that our QBs are all going to run the zone read, Franklin's only real problem is the biggest problem, protecting the ball, and we better hope and pray that our new crop of receivers are ready to go as true freshmen.

Not protecting the ball is the quickest way NOT to play. That's for certain

This^^^ 100%

Highly immobile and has not shown the ability to complete a forward pass at all. ;)/>

Not to mention, he is aiming right at a linebacker. We just cant get it right!

Well it looks safe to say that Queen is done for the Spring. Hopefully he can heal up and get ready for fall camp. Down to three for the position. I'm pretty sure JF3 is going to get the chance.

Best post of the month. Spot on!

Archived