Marlon Davidson working to start

FoundationEagle

R Nkemdiche Freshman stats- 20 tackles, 1 sack.

D Hand- Freshman stats - 4 tackles, 2 sacks.

both of those guys are doing just fine right now. both had lack luster freshman campaigns after being former #1 recruits. Byron will get there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at Cowart's HS highlight film it's mainly him coming in unblocked and blowing up a play. You can't really tell how good he is because he's beating air on the play.

This makes a lot of sense. Cowart had very fast burst speed in high school, so despite his size, he was used as a weak-side DE, from a pass-rushing 7-Technique, rather than in close at the 5-Tech like a strong-side DE fighting off blocks and stuffing the running game. It probably explains why Muschamp saw Cowart as a potential Buck.

Cowart's size made a lot of the recruiters want him to play a the SDE.

Truth be told nobody has seen enough of him to say he's a bust or not. many Message board critics are basically critiquing off if he plays or not and stats. Not on what they actually see. As far as the attitude rumors and stuff, half of that stuff isn't true or embellished and the other half is people getting a story confused

Truth be told nobody has seen enough of him to say he's a bust or not. many Message board critics are basically critiquing off if he plays or not and stats. Not on what they actually see. As far as the attitude rumors and stuff, half of that stuff isn't true or embellished and the other half is people getting a story confused

Sounds about right.

Well, if I am to go purely off what I "see", I saw Cowart out of position, several times last season and he almost got his ankles broken on a juke by Jake Coker in the IB last season. Jake Coker. Think about that for a second...... Just sayin........

Well, if I am to go purely off what I "see", I saw Cowart out of position, several times last season and he almost got his ankles broken on a juke by Jake Coker in the IB last season. Jake Coker. Think about that for a second...... Just sayin........

I think the point is that he was a true freshman, who made the same mistakes most freshman make. People expect these highly ranked players to come in and not make those mistakes, and then critique them as if they were sophomores or juniors. We should expect a lot more of him this season, but I think it's unfair to be overly critical of his freshman year.

Very telling. Thanks

Very telling. Thanks

Sarcasm?

Point made....You said that as if Coker wasn't athletic...lol. Then on the back side look at how many sacks Lawson missed....guess that means he sucks right?

Very telling. Thanks

Sarcasm?

No, it's his thing he did whenever someone disagrees with me

This is all true. Can't label anyone a bust (or a savior other than Cam) after only one year.

wde

Very telling. Thanks

Sarcasm?

Translation...

Very telling. Thanks

Sarcasm?

Translation...

Lol. Same ol same ol. You really need some new material

Coker made quite a few good runs last year, to Cowarts defense. His mobility was deceptive.

Ahhh, someone who actually watched games and not going off stereotypes....

Coker made quite a few good runs last year, to Cowarts defense. His mobility was deceptive.

This

He shook Lawson pretty badly too not just Cowart

he certainly did. Chad Kelly did too. I bet that bothers Carl a hell of a lot more than it does us. Carl has room to improve and i think he will.

I'm not sure how many rushing yards Coker finished with but I do remember seeing him make some big time scrambles & being in aw over them. lol. Never expected that from him.

He won them at least two games and put another away using his feet. He's always been a good athlete since high school

He won them at least two games and put another away using his feet. He's always been a good athlete since high school

I agree. He was a lot more then the typical bama QB who was a game manager. With a typical bama QB they would have lost at least a couple of games.

I'm not sure how many rushing yards Coker finished with but I do remember seeing him make some big time scrambles & being in aw over them. lol. Never expected that from him.

His teammates jokingly called him vanilla Vick. Coker was exceptional at sliding his feet in and out of the pocket and at keeping the plays alive.

Why are we going on about an Alabama quarterback, again?

To right the incorrect assumption of him?

Has that not already been accomplished? I understand it's the offseason and there's not much to talk about, but I'm just pointing out that there has been a lot of talking up of Jake Coker for this to be a thread on an Auburn true freshman defensive end.

Archived