WCWS Softball vs. Georgia - Game thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap! Why does it end the inning?

WHAT!!!! HOw do they get two outs on that!

WHAT????? Now they are saying Carosone was out of the base PATH, (ignore announcers) and Carosone is called out and the run doesn't score. DAMN.... There is no base line from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. It's called the base PATH. Going to the bottom 7th, game is tied 3-3

Wow... that out was only out #2 of the inning. Where did the 3rd out come from? OK, the run does COUNT. Auburn leads 4-3......

Fly ball to center. 1 out.

If that's the rule in softball, it's a stupid, stupid rule. Why in all that's good does that mean a runner not involved with that play at all get called out unless the runner interferes with the throw or fielder?

Wow... that out was only out #2 of the inning. Where did the 3rd out come from? OK, the run does COUNT. Auburn leads 4-3......

Fly ball to center. 1 out.

Thanks, WT

gonna need around4ever to chime in on this one. I'm not versed enough on the rules to know how that all happened. I understand the base Path but if she's called out its still only the second out of the inning.

How confusing. Umps have not covered themselves in glory here.

Or how can they assume an out at first. I can see the runner being out but to assume the DP would have occurred is asinine. Then to allow the run. They couldn't even explain it right.

Ump said that the AU coach touched Jade...after she was on first and called her out too but after the run scored.

Plate ump has been pretty inconsistent all night. Had a couple of bad inside strike out calls that just were not what he has been calling all night. And he sure doesn't like the lower part of the zone.

Archived