2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he has been touted as a safety, LB and RB. But what position does he want to play.

He not given a preference. And there has been no real talk of him @ RB.

He used to be a 4 star recruit. What happened to cause him to drop to a 3 star? Just curious and I think some others might like to know this as well.

He used to be a 4 star recruit. What happened to cause him to drop to a 3 star? Just curious and I think some others might like to know this as well.

He's been a 3* for like 6 months now. His rankings fell on the sites.

Is Stephen re-considering Auburn?

Nope. He just came down 2 weeks ago for a free visit paid by Auburn just to say hey & he was committing to the Lobos ($1 to Golf)....Here's your sign!

Is Stephen re-considering Auburn? if so, where do we stand with him?

Nope. He just came down 2 weeks ago for a free visit paid by Auburn just to say hey & he was committing to the Lobos ($1 to Golf)....Here's your sign!

Per a pay site Jr has grade issues.

Yup. Took the SAT again Saturday.

Is that his only grade problem?

Is that his only grade problem?

I don't know. Haven't seen any detail reported like there has been w/ Coe.

Why would we not take a chance on SDJr? It's looking more and more like we're only going to sign around 20-22. If he doesn't qualify and therefore doesn't enroll, wouldn't we get that scholarship back anyway to add to next year's class?

Why would we not take a chance on SDJr? It's looking more and more like we're only going to sign around 20-22.

Because Gus does not like to sign big academic risks w/ the newer restrained signing rules.
If he doesn't qualify and therefore doesn't enroll, wouldn't we get that scholarship back anyway to add to next year's class?
We would get the scholly back to give to another player in terms of the 85 limit but as for the IC 25 limit SDj would always count if he signed & could not be replaced by a different IC.

Also if AU does not sign SDj they will look to get another LB via the grad transfer route.

Do we plan on using this kid as an outside linebacker or like the tall safety from Clemson Kerse that almost came to Auburn?

Do we plan on using this kid as an outside linebacker or like the tall safety from Clemson Kerse that almost came to Auburn?

possibly both IF we sign him.

Mercy, just looked at the previous page and saw where Davis Jr. had to take his SAT this past Saturday.

Man, I feel like this is a guy we really need and will develop into an exceptional player with his frame and a collegiate strength program.

I hope the young man got the score he needed because I'd certainly hate to lose two years of developmental training at Auburn to the JUCO ranks, though I wonder if we still can send a kid to Hargrave for a year like we used to.

The last player I remember us sending to Hargrave Military Institute in Virgina has been many a moon ago in Onterio McAlleb.

Archived