2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Will LB

I would think more of the Sam LB. That LB usually has more pass coverage responsibilities as he is usually matched up with the TE.

very true, and if he were to stay the same size then I would tend to agree, but I look for him to grow out of that role. JMO

Is he a legit 6'4? Hell yeah if so.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If kids are ever projected at being able to play multiple positions and RB is one of them, I feel like it only makes sense to opt for the non-RB position due to lower shelf life, less physical beating, higher earning value, and higher potential draft position.

If kids are ever projected at being able to play multiple positions and RB is one of them, I feel like it only makes sense to opt for the non-RB position due to lower shelf life, less physical beating, higher earning value, and higher potential draft position.

That's only true if his college coaches don't want him at RB. What his NFL future may or may not be is only of passing interest to his college coaches or fans.

Will LB

I would think more of the Sam LB. That LB usually has more pass coverage responsibilities as he is usually matched up with the TE.

very true, and if he were to stay the same size then I would tend to agree, but I look for him to grow out of that role. JMO

Is he a legit 6'4? Hell yeah if so.

He could be a Thomas Davis (Carolina Panther LB) type player with more height. Remember at UGA Davis was a safety and now plays the Will LB in the NFL.

That's only true if his college coaches don't want him at RB. What his NFL future may or may not be is only of passing interest to his college coaches or fans.

I meant from the players perspective, I wasn't clear in my post and actually it was very poorly written (as I suspect most of my posts are lol). But you're right college coaches don't care about next level projection but only how they can help the team right now. But if I'm looking at my long term options, as a player, if I feel equally as skilled at multiple positions and am being recruited at different schools for different things I think the trend of RBs losing value and having shorter average career would turn me off.

But I probably didn't think that way when I was an 18 year old and could see many other factors influencing the decision.

Tiger, your original post was fine. I understood that you meant from the player's perspective. And I agree. Didn't Ben Tate say he'd have played safety if he could do it all over again?

I meant from the players perspective, I wasn't clear in my post and actually it was very poorly written (as I suspect most of my posts are lol). But you're right college coaches don't care about next level projection but only how they can help the team right now. But if I'm looking at my long term options, as a player, if I feel equally as skilled at multiple positions and am being recruited at different schools for different things I think the trend of RBs losing value and having shorter average career would turn me off.

But I probably didn't think that way when I was an 18 year old and could see many other factors influencing the decision.

Chicks dig the long ball....

Interesting note here. Gus had his in home w/ SDj. The coaches he brought w/ him were DC Steele, Area recruiter Garner, & LB Coach T'Will. The intersting part was no Coach Crimedog. That leads me to believe that while we are recruiting him as an ATH the idea from the staff appears they feel he will be a LB.

Interesting note here. Gus had his in home w/ SDj. The coaches he brought w/ him were DC Steele, Area recruiter Garner, & LB Coach T'Will. The intersting part was no Coach Crimedog. That leads me to believe that while we are recruiting him as an ATH the idea from the staff appears they feel he will be a LB.

Tall and quick linebackers. Hummm

Wonder how much weight he can comfortably carry?

With his current height, he could actually put on at least 20-30 lbs. If he does the right way and not try to bulk in a very short period of time. Rapid weight gain takes away speed without a doubt. If he does this over a 8-10 month stretch, it would not effect his speed little if any. Who knows, he could shoot up another couple of inches.

It would not surprise me if he reaches 6-5 or 6-6 and 225 to 235 lbs, he could play the "buck" position. He would make a super strong safety or outside LB.

Relevantly, we have apparently enhanced our interest in 4* uber safety Warrior

Yes but it still will be a very tough pull. We had a descent chance w/ Boom & T-Rob.

Yeah, but didn't he spend virtually his entire official visit with Crime Dawg?

I know Crimedog spent all the OV time w/ Jayvaughn Myers. I have not read anything where SDj spent the entire OV w/ Coach Crimedog.

I know Crimedog spent all the OV time w/ Jayvaughn Myers. I have not read anything where SDj spent the entire OV w/ Coach Crimedog.

Good quote from SDJ about it here.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/01/meet_auburn_crime_dawg_on_the_recruiting_trail.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Crimedog. Oh Lord. :dunno:

That's his twitter handle & what he likes to be called.

That's his twitter handle & what he likes to be called.

It fits well with the kids today.

Crimedog. Oh Lord. :dunno:/>

OMG I love Fred McGriff!!

Crimedog. Oh Lord. :dunno:/>

OMG I love Fred McGriff!!

Braves suck! Go Cubs!!!

Superstar Fred McGriff.

The Braves Press Box caught fire the day he was signed and so did the Braves!

Always one of my very favorite Braves playrrs.

Archived