2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He reminds me of kearse for Clemson. Same size, same questions, even same situation....he's entering the draft this year and was a great player

Stephen Davis and Character both are liking USCe right now.

That's funny. Boom didn't like Davis but know Boom needs the bodies at eUSC and Davis is listening? :dunno:/>

That's what I don't get.

That's funny. Boom didn't like Davis but know Boom needs the bodies at eUSC and Davis is listening? :dunno:/>

That's what I don't get.

That's the scoop AU fans got from AU reporters. Obviously Boom nor anyone associated with him told or will tell a recruit that.

That's what I don't get.

That's the scoop AU fans got from AU reporters. Obviously Boom nor anyone associated with him told or will tell a recruit that.

But he knows he was ignored.

That's what I don't get.

But he knows he was ignored.

I doubt it. Coaches use terms like still evaluating sometimes to keep a player on the radar if needed. Recruiters are master salesmen. They know how to not burn bridges.

Frick

It was a matter of time. New defensive staff wasn't high on him and they weren't sure what position they wanted him to play if he did come. He said a few weeks ago that he hadn't heard from the coaches in a while. That isn't an oversight.

He wasn't hearing from coaches-- that's being ignored.

I would still love for Davis to be a Tiger.

Bring his dad back in with him. I remember meeting his dad his senior year I believe. Takeo Spikes was a Fresh. My brother was being recruited by Auburn at the time and I got to go to a game on one of his visits. It was awesome.

I watched the film of Davis at RB. He runs upright. He is certainly not afraid of contact. I like him on defense still at safety. He looks pretty fast.

Or some of the things reported weren't right. That's usually what it is

yep.

They would have had to be misquoting him for that to be true.

Yep. There were direct quotes from him stating that AU wasn't staying in touch and that's why he started looking around.

Davis jr. now, maybe he can plug one of the glaring vacancies that we have at linebacker in this year's class. Even if he doesn't end up playing LB, we can call him one and the signing day lists won't reveal as much of the obvious deficiency at LB.

Will LB

I would think more of the Sam LB. That LB usually has more pass coverage responsibilities as he is usually matched up with the TE.

Will LB

^^^ THIS ^^^

Why do people inquire answers of those with knowledge, and yet not listen when the pearl is dropped?

Dixie, some of us listen. I think Davis will make a really good Will LB. He has very good speed for the position.

E, if you had to guess, what position would he play for us if we got him and he stepped on the field today?

Will LB

He knows a lot more than me so let's go w/ this.

Will LB

I would think more of the Sam LB. That LB usually has more pass coverage responsibilities as he is usually matched up with the TE.

very true, and if he were to stay the same size then I would tend to agree, but I look for him to grow out of that role. JMO

Archived