QB targets now...

steeleagle

Not the proper place to put it but didn't want to start a new thread.

2 new commits soon??

Chandler Wooten: "One of the top players in the country just made my night !! Be on the lookout !! #AmbUsh17"

Calvin Ashley: " 2 more commits coming soon 😎 #AmbUsh17"

Cam Akers? Harris?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 new commits soon??

Chandler Wooten: "One of the top players in the country just made my night !! Be on the lookout !! #AmbUsh17"

Cam Akers? Harris?

All I know is Bmatt retweeted them so it should mean something positive lol. I don't follow recruits on social media

Akers or Harris or could be OL and TE positions. We will see.

Also Stephen Davis is suppose to be announcing.....but would he be considered one of the best players in the country??????

July is the worst. Literally nothing going on but the meetings. We should visit the QB topic then too.

Respectfully incorrect! There's The Opening where it looks like we will get 2 commits & The big recruiting picnic the last Saturdauy of the month.

Well good. Seems like last summer there were a couple weeks that went by with very few traffic on our site.

A4E took care of that problem

2 new commits soon??

Cam Akers? Harris?

Brahms & McKitty next week at The Opening.

Also Stephen Davis is suppose to be announcing.....but would he be considered one of the best players in the country??????

SDj still has more work to do.

No clue who Chandler is referring to. Pretty sure he knows about Brahms & McKitty. Barrett is trending too much to AU for me to think it's Akers. We are only taking 1 more RB right now.

2 new commits soon??

Cam Akers? Harris?

That center right?

2 new commits soon??

Cam Akers? Harris?

That center right?

You mean Brahms?

Yep him after reading the other posts in this thread I guess everybody already said that. My bad lol

Neither QB had nearly enough talent around him. Nothing but freshmen at HB and TE. Duke Williams. A center who didn't even learn the position until late in the season. WRs who were, uh, not super dependable. Jovon Robinson... on the bench. Peyton Barber... not drafted. Roc Thomas... in the tub and then not on the team. Kerryon Johnson, another true freshman, was a bright spot. Feel free to keep calling that plenty of talent, but it doesn't make you look terribly observant or bright.

5 starts with that is enough. Ok. Sure. Again, neither observant nor bright. I won't bother listing NFL QBs who started off worse with better. Good lord.

Cole, the difference with JJ is that he threw terrrrrrrible picks repeatedly against bad defenses under no pressure. Overall his play wasn't that much worse but he made several mistakes that were pretty shocking for any QB.

I agree he sucked. But I'm saying he sucked against reasonable defenses, well at least two games, sw killed the suck such defenses then got killed against other defenses but then they say you can't count that....did you see the passes he threw against Memphis? What pick did you see that you thought if he had a little more juice on that it would be ok? His decisions looked like JJ's. Some of his in miss st did too and if you remember I questioned the coaches and everybody got mad.

Let's be real everything I said early everybody got mad at me about because it was early. By the end of the season though I was right....But once again since I saw it too early I deserved it...smh

After an entire season of cole stating JJ is better than SW, all he has left is: Well, well, SW did it against bad defenses. Yeah that's it.

Keep in mind SW was a redshirt freshmen, in an O completely designed for JJ's talents. Before injury, I would say he did pretty good! Again, redshirt freshmen, in the SEC, with no Wideouts!

You post these posts of me saying that I'll delete my account. But if you can't you delete yours....how bout it?

Wha? Maybe again in English?

You claimed that I've been saying all season jj was better than sw. Quote me and post these posts. If you are telling the truth I'll delete my account. If you can't do that you delete your account

You said it or eluded to it all last year, every day, in every thread, to include the recruiting threads!

If you can read your own writing, you have written something quite similar here below:

Just funny to me how most say the wr drops, and play calling started when sw started playing. Then brag about sw playing against Kentucky but in the same breath say jj just did well because he played against weak teams (which is true)....how does that work?

Only thing I've ever said is if we're going to critique let's critique both qb's the same way. I've ALWAYS said SW should be starting every since the miss st game. The first time the pulled jj I was thinking no because if you let him play the suck teams maybe he get his confidence back. But they went ahead and pulled him, after they pulled him I said keep sw the starter. But that doesn't mean he can throw into triple coverage and I'm going to say yeah he was hurt, or because they had those drops in the arky game I'm going to pretend that every game was like that

Neither QB had nearly enough talent around him. Nothing but freshmen at HB and TE. Duke Williams. A center who didn't even learn the position until late in the season. WRs who were, uh, not super dependable. Jovon Robinson... on the bench. Peyton Barber... not drafted. Roc Thomas... in the tub and then not on the team. Kerryon Johnson, another true freshman, was a bright spot. Feel free to keep calling that plenty of talent, but it doesn't make you look terribly observant or bright.

5 starts with that is enough. Ok. Sure. Again, neither observant nor bright. I won't bother listing NFL QBs who started off worse with better. Good lord.

Cole, the difference with JJ is that he threw terrrrrrrible picks repeatedly against bad defenses under no pressure. Overall his play wasn't that much worse but he made several mistakes that were pretty shocking for any QB.

I agree he sucked. But I'm saying he sucked against reasonable defenses, well at least two games, sw killed the suck such defenses then got killed against other defenses but then they say you can't count that....did you see the passes he threw against Memphis? What pick did you see that you thought if he had a little more juice on that it would be ok? His decisions looked like JJ's. Some of his in miss st did too and if you remember I questioned the coaches and everybody got mad.

Let's be real everything I said early everybody got mad at me about because it was early. By the end of the season though I was right....But once again since I saw it too early I deserved it...smh

After an entire season of cole stating JJ is better than SW, all he has left is: Well, well, SW did it against bad defenses. Yeah that's it.

Keep in mind SW was a redshirt freshmen, in an O completely designed for JJ's talents. Before injury, I would say he did pretty good! Again, redshirt freshmen, in the SEC, with no Wideouts!

You post these posts of me saying that I'll delete my account. But if you can't you delete yours....how bout it?

Wha? Maybe again in English?

You claimed that I've been saying all season jj was better than sw. Quote me and post these posts. If you are telling the truth I'll delete my account. If you can't do that you delete your account

You said it or eluded to it all last year, every day, in every thread, to include the recruiting threads!

If you can read your own writing, you have written something quite similar here below:

Just funny to me how most say the wr drops, and play calling started when sw started playing. Then brag about sw playing against Kentucky but in the same breath say jj just did well because he played against weak teams (which is true)....how does that work?

Only thing I've ever said is if we're going to critique let's critique both qb's the same way. I've ALWAYS said SW should be starting every since the miss st game. The first time the pulled jj I was thinking no because if you let him play the suck teams maybe he get his confidence back. But they went ahead and pulled him, after they pulled him I said keep sw the starter. But that doesn't mean he can throw into triple coverage and I'm going to say yeah he was hurt, or because they had those drops in the arky game I'm going to pretend that every game was like that

That just shows how not smart you are. Just because I say that wr drops has to be said for both since the both use the same wr, you get your panties in a bunch and can't read. Go sit down and shut up....please

And if I did what you said I did everyday in every thread it should be very easy for you to pull a few, right?

So we many be pushing for Cunningham now???

He and Bishop would be a good pick pickups at QB/ath...

Who is Cunningham?

Malik Cunningham. Ath/QB from Montgomery.

He said we are in contact with him for QB, now that we lost out on Mond. So not sure why y'all say that...

Because contact does not mean the same thing as serious consideration. If things change WDE, 23, AU Rivals, & AU 247 recruiting reporters will let people know.

To be fair, It hurts his stats that most of the time he was substituted for the wildcat in red zone appearances.

I guess the coaches learned from the MSU game to make sure he didn't have the opportunity to throw another pass across his body and right to a defender's chest. If SW was a weapon in the red zone, the coaches would've utilized it. I mean come on now.

Birds right. It wasn't Sean White turning the keys over to Carlson that would be Gus. We have playcalls that rarely even threw the ball into the endzone...

To be fair, It hurts his stats that most of the time he was substituted for the wildcat in red zone appearances.

I guess the coaches learned from the MSU game to make sure he didn't have the opportunity to throw another pass across his body and right to a defender's chest. If SW was a weapon in the red zone, the coaches would've utilized it. I mean come on now.

Birds right. It wasn't Sean White turning the keys over to Carlson that would be Gus. We have playcalls that rarely even threw the ball into the endzone...

Here in lies the entirety of the trust argument.

True. We've been doing it for two years. You can possibly count on one hand the touchdowns that we have thrown INTO the endzone in the last two years. We open it up between the 20s, then get conservative or too cute when we are in the redzone.

True. We've been doing it for two years. You can possibly count on one hand the touchdowns that we have thrown INTO the endzone in the last two years. We open it up between the 20s, then get conservative or too cute when we are in the redzone.

Hopefully that will change once we get our new receiver corps game ready.

Archived