QB targets now...

steeleagle

He said we are in contact with him for QB, now that we lost out on Mond. So not sure why y'all say that...

Because contact does not mean the same thing as serious consideration. If things change WDE, 23, AU Rivals, & AU 247 recruiting reporters will let people know.

Al.com artice says staff had a meeting after Mond commit and is wanting to talk to Cunningham. That sure sounds like interest in him as a QB.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I sure hope we are. 

Will he have to sit out if we do go after him?

Yes, he will have to sit out a year if he wants to go to a FBS school. But he is considering going to a JR College just for this year, then transfer and have 3 years of eligibility.

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Yes, he will have to sit out a year if he wants to go to a FBS school. But he is considering going to a JR College just for this year, then transfer and have 3 years of eligibility.

That is not a given. NCAA let Penn ST transferred players play immediately after their fiasco.

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I hope Gus brings in his best recruiter in friend Briles to help make this happen.  

Before I react, Are you saying bring Briles into AU or just have him help recruit Stidham? The way it reads is a bit confusing to me.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

That is not a given. NCAA let Penn ST transferred players play immediately after their fiasco.

The NCAA has let pretty much all Baylor RECRUITS out of their LOIs to this point.  However, is it likely that they would waive regulations for CURRENT players?

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

The NCAA has let pretty much all Baylor RECRUITS out of their LOIs to this point.  However, is it likely that they would waive regulations for CURRENT players?

Yes he will have to sit 2016 or go to juco. The BCAA did not make a special case for Penn St transferred players to play immediately. The were automatically availavle due to the Penn St Bowl ban.

9 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

How well does Stidham know our coaching staff and has he ever visited Auburn before? 

I don't remember if he visited but he knows the staff well. He was an early top AU target after hid Jr year of high school.

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We will definitely gauge Stidham's interest in transferring to Auburn.  Imo we will get a hard look from him.

I like the sound of this. Let's put a full court press on.

Can't hurt to do our best to woo him, although I imagine he will probably go the JUCO route and explore all of his options before jumping to another team. At least, that would be the smart thing to do.

Did we lose the ability to post sig pics? I can't find how to put mine back up?

On 7/8/2016 at 10:57 AM, War to the Eagle said:

That would be NLI.  NLI = National Letter of Intent.   LOI = Letter of Inquiry (from the NCAA)

31 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

That would be NLI.  NLI = National Letter of Intent.   LOI = Letter of Inquiry (from the NCAA)

LOI meant Letter of Intent.  NLI...gotcha.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

LOI meant Letter of Intent.  NLI...gotcha.

No. LOI is an NCAA Letter Of Inquiry for an official NCAA investigation on a program. NLI are the National Letters of Intent recruits sign w/ their chosen school. Some people may be annoyed reading this but there is a very distinct  difference in the terms and their associated documents.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Did we lose the ability to post sig pics? I can't find how to put mine back up?

Hey @aujeff11  Sings are back. Go to your profile page & sig up!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived