QB targets now...

steeleagle

SW fumbled in the Redzone again in this years A-day game. But supposedly he's only had one strike and that was one of his three errant passed in the Redzone against Moo State.

Y'all go ahead and say "SW played well last season." Y'all are delusional so I won't argue against it anymore.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't argue against it anymore.

I can agree to that.

Denied. Must agree with all or nothing.

Neither QB had nearly enough talent around him. Nothing but freshmen at HB and TE. Duke Williams. A center who didn't even learn the position until late in the season. WRs who were, uh, not super dependable. Jovon Robinson... on the bench. Peyton Barber... not drafted. Roc Thomas... in the tub and then not on the team. Kerryon Johnson, another true freshman, was a bright spot. Feel free to keep calling that plenty of talent, but it doesn't make you look terribly observant or bright.

5 starts with that is enough. Ok. Sure. Again, neither observant nor bright. I won't bother listing NFL QBs who started off worse with better. Good lord.

Cole, the difference with JJ is that he threw terrrrrrrible picks repeatedly against bad defenses under no pressure. Overall his play wasn't that much worse but he made several mistakes that were pretty shocking for any QB.

I agree he sucked. But I'm saying he sucked against reasonable defenses, well at least two games, sw killed the suck such defenses then got killed against other defenses but then they say you can't count that....did you see the passes he threw against Memphis? What pick did you see that you thought if he had a little more juice on that it would be ok? His decisions looked like JJ's. Some of his in miss st did too and if you remember I questioned the coaches and everybody got mad.

Let's be real everything I said early everybody got mad at me about because it was early. By the end of the season though I was right....But once again since I saw it too early I deserved it...smh

After an entire season of cole stating JJ is better than SW, all he has left is: Well, well, SW did it against bad defenses. Yeah that's it.

Keep in mind SW was a redshirt freshmen, in an O completely designed for JJ's talents. Before injury, I would say he did pretty good! Again, redshirt freshmen, in the SEC, with no Wideouts!

You post these posts of me saying that I'll delete my account. But if you can't you delete yours....how bout it?

To be fair, It hurts his stats that most of the time he was substituted for the wildcat in red zone appearances.

Yup. Soooo many variables dictate stats. That's why I try not to base my opinions on them too much. At some point they mean something, but not to me with an extremely limited sample size and in an extremely "uncontrolled" environment. Not many apples to apples comparisons in sports.

I almost was banned for saying this to the wrong person....

Jeff you better watch out, there are only around 3 posters that can understand that if you critique sw it's not you saying he sucks. And if they think you are saying he sucks then it's like in the movie Inception when a person's subconscious realize you're messing in their brain and they start to attack

Neither QB had nearly enough talent around him. Nothing but freshmen at HB and TE. Duke Williams. A center who didn't even learn the position until late in the season. WRs who were, uh, not super dependable. Jovon Robinson... on the bench. Peyton Barber... not drafted. Roc Thomas... in the tub and then not on the team. Kerryon Johnson, another true freshman, was a bright spot. Feel free to keep calling that plenty of talent, but it doesn't make you look terribly observant or bright.

5 starts with that is enough. Ok. Sure. Again, neither observant nor bright. I won't bother listing NFL QBs who started off worse with better. Good lord.

Cole, the difference with JJ is that he threw terrrrrrrible picks repeatedly against bad defenses under no pressure. Overall his play wasn't that much worse but he made several mistakes that were pretty shocking for any QB.

I agree he sucked. But I'm saying he sucked against reasonable defenses, well at least two games, sw killed the suck such defenses then got killed against other defenses but then they say you can't count that....did you see the passes he threw against Memphis? What pick did you see that you thought if he had a little more juice on that it would be ok? His decisions looked like JJ's. Some of his in miss st did too and if you remember I questioned the coaches and everybody got mad.

Let's be real everything I said early everybody got mad at me about because it was early. By the end of the season though I was right....But once again since I saw it too early I deserved it...smh

After an entire season of cole stating JJ is better than SW, all he has left is: Well, well, SW did it against bad defenses. Yeah that's it.

Keep in mind SW was a redshirt freshmen, in an O completely designed for JJ's talents. Before injury, I would say he did pretty good! Again, redshirt freshmen, in the SEC, with no Wideouts!

And Gus Rhett really took the pressure off SW with all of those runs up the middle on first down.

Wait a sec! 3rd and 7-10 isn't conducive to being successful? Weird...

I literally pointed this out the third game of the season.....I know it was when JJ was the qb but third game of the season. Maybe even second

Jeff you better watch out, there are only around 3 posters that can understand that if you critique sw it's not you saying he sucks. And if they think you are saying he sucks then it's like in the movie Inception when a person's subconscious realize you're messing in their brain and they start to attack

Lol that's hilarious

I can agree to that.

Same arrangement I have with my wife!

Haha. I bet you have a comfy couch.

Just to be clear, the poor receiver play affected both QBs.

And to be fair to JJ, I'm still very curious as to how everything would've gone down if that long TD to Smith vs Louisville hadn't gotten called back...

Whatever, doesn't matter now. Gus needs to pick a horse this August, hitch his wagon to it and get the show on the road. I stand by the experience excuse for 2015, and I stand by him no longer having that excuse in 2016. Barring a bizarre rash of injuries at critical positions, my opinion of him as our long term solution at HC will be solidified come December. He should only need "pretty good" QB play to field a respectable offense this year, and if he can't make that happen then he hasn't earned his paycheck IMO.

One of the few decent posters. Just funny to me how most say the wr drops, and play calling started when sw started playing. Then brag about sw playing against Kentucky but in the same breath say jj just did well because he played against weak teams (which is true)....how does that work?

Only thing I've ever said is if we're going to critique let's critique both qb's the same way. I've ALWAYS said SW should be starting every since the miss st game. The first time the pulled jj I was thinking no because if you let him play the suck teams maybe he get his confidence back. But they went ahead and pulled him, after they pulled him I said keep sw the starter. But that doesn't mean he can throw into triple coverage and I'm going to say yeah he was hurt, or because they had those drops in the arky game I'm going to pretend that every game was like that

I can agree to that.

Same arrangement I have with my wife!

Haha. I bet you have a comfy couch.

Exactly.

You post these posts of me saying that I'll delete my account. But if you can't you delete yours....how bout it?

Wha? Maybe again in English?

Wha? Maybe again in English?

You claimed that I've been saying all season jj was better than sw. Quote me and post these posts. If you are telling the truth I'll delete my account. If you can't do that you delete your account

July is the worst. Literally nothing going on but the meetings. We should visit the QB topic then too.

But in July our players get super powers and they are perfect on the field and off like we here say they are supposed to be

July is the worst. Literally nothing going on but the meetings. We should visit the QB topic then too.

Respectfully incorrect! There's The Opening where it looks like we will get 2 commits & The big recruiting picnic the last Saturdauy of the month.

Right, Sean was awful in that Memphis game. He made some really bad decisions. I hope he has improved tremendously this offseason.

He was still injured. Anything that happened after the Arky game should not be reflected on him.

His pick-six interception against Memphis had nothing to do with injuries. Don't understand while some QBs are held accountable, while others aren't.

Point was he should have not been playing at all. The only reason he was playing was because the staff has no trust in JJ. I don't treat other QBs differently. If we had another QB playing that could not plant & throw without pain like Sean did then I would be just as understanding.

1:00 mark. Has nothing to do with planting and throwing. He was throwing just fine before that. 8-13 for 103 yards. You do NOT make that type of pass. PERIOD. That is just a terrible pass. Also, the 1:17 mark. Quadruple coverage. That has nothing to do with an injury.

Totally agree. That was the same type of ugly pass that we have harped on JJ about so when SW does it, SW will get it as well. SW had just as many pick 6s as TDs last year so that should show how unproductive his performance has been. Driving from 20 to 20 and handing the keys to Carlson or making stupid mistakes in the Redzone isn't going to win football games.

Can't all be put on Sean though. How many good passes did our WRs drop for him? 7 in the Arky game alone.

No no no, E. Some people are tired of the "receiver excuse" ....smh. There were plenty of times that Sean could have been better. We also had a perfect storm of conditions last year to make things very difficult on him. Again, I point to, as others have, coaching decisions, DROPPED PASSES, and injuries to name a few. He was obviously our best option last year. Can he win us 9-10 games this year? IMO, the jury is still out on that. I believe our coaches themselves will play a big part in either helping get us there or keeping us from getting there. But I agree, he needs to play better, and my original part of it being too early to call him a bust still stands

Thank you. Was our receivers terrible in the Arkansas game? Yes, they were horrendous. Did we have injuries that derailed our team chemistry? Absolutely. Could our QBs been better in general? Of course. TBH, most of our guys had a good report with JJ. It takes time to develop synchronization with your QB. Once JJ clearly failed, we inserted SW. The problem is the coaching staff did not have confidence in SW. They didn't after his pick in the MSU game for sure. IMO, If you are going to run with a QB, then you need to allow that QB, especially a Fr, to go hard in the paint. He is going to make mistakes. That is part of growing. Just my opinion, though. I think after SW got hurt, his confidence really took a hit, specifically when he started making uncharacteristic throws. That and the fact that the coaching staff really didn't do a whole lot to ease his transition. What I really found interesting, is the fact that they would insert JJ, during red zone opportunities. IF SW is to be the man, they are going to have to find a way to incorporate schemes, for us to be able to put up 6s on the board.

Redundant and silly post!

Respectfully incorrect! There's The Opening where it looks like we will get 2 commits & The big recruiting picnic the last Saturdauy of the month.

Well good. Seems like last summer there were a couple weeks that went by with very few traffic on our site.

Not the proper place to put it but didn't want to start a new thread.

2 new commits soon??

Chandler Wooten: "One of the top players in the country just made my night !! Be on the lookout !! #AmbUsh17"

Calvin Ashley: " 2 more commits coming soon ? #AmbUsh17"

Not the proper place to put it but didn't want to start a new thread.

2 new commits soon??

Chandler Wooten: "One of the top players in the country just made my night !! Be on the lookout !! #AmbUsh17"

Calvin Ashley: " 2 more commits coming soon #AmbUsh17"

cool beans

Archived