2016 Fall Camp - Practice 2

RunInRed

Although I hate comparing players to superstars,  but KJ has a little LaDainian Tomlinson in him. JMO

Two comments:

1. It sure would be nice if we could hear the questions on these interviews.

2. "Moving pieces around" in fall practice does not reflect where we want to be as a program. 

At least it will be a good look at Gus's ability to adapt. 

Thanks RinR for posting these clips!  It's really interesting to see the drills. :bow:

Edited by homersapien

based on the whole minute and a half of WR video I think NCM could be the next Duke or Sammie as far as big receivers go.  Eli had the best hands and looked more natural in the drills.  Of course if that was a 3 minute video I could completely change my mind.  I think this offense needs a Darvin Adams more than it needs a Sammie or Duke.  Darvin IMO was the most dependable WR Auburn has had since Frank Sanders.

• Like 3

marquis mcclain looks huge.. this is the type of receivers we need... im loving the size of these freshman receivers... :hellyeah::wareagle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

At the time, he was still considering USCe, too, but they later told him they were full or so he was quoted as. Glad he's here.

So what is his experience at RB?  I don't remember what he played in HS.

Edited by homersapien

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Aside from that, It'd be pretty incredible if Stephen Davis Jr came in, during our time of relative need, and somehow stormed through and became the next elite back at AU

Well, 'senior' wasn't a juker.  More like a straight ahead juggernaut.  

It would be interesting to compare their weights and 40 times at the same age or experience. 

Edited by homersapien

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It would be interesting to compare their weights and 40 times at the same age or experience. 

Well if SDJ was able to be a DB, I'd guess he's far lighter and far faster

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think Dad has it all over our most recent signee.  

In his playing days he was huge for a running back and held state 100 yard dash records for a few decades...had Bo Jackson kind of speed but never was the shifty type. .

9 hours ago, Win4AU said:

based on the whole minute and a half of WR video I think NCM could be the next Duke or Sammie as far as big receivers go.  Eli had the best hands and looked more natural in the drills.  Of course if that was a 3 minute video I could completely change my mind.  I think this offense needs a Darvin Adams more than it needs a Sammie or Duke.  Darvin IMO was the most dependable WR Auburn has had since Frank Sanders.

I think NCM can do bigger things at AU than Duke or Sammie did. NCM definitely has better hands than Sammie did and he is faster than Duke. We do need a dependable wr like DA who runs great routes and catches the ball. DA made alot of big plays for us. That 4th down catch against UAT was as clutch as it gets.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Although I hate comparing players to superstars,  but KJ has a little LaDainian Tomlinson in him. JMO

Even saying he has a little LT in him is high praise in my book.  LT is in my top 5 all-time backs.  But I do see some similarities.

During last season I was thinking Eric Metcalf.  I'm hoping his weight gain isn't just offseason bulk and he plays at around 210.  If he wears it well and can improve his north-south running I'm imagining a young Willis McGahee.

WDE!

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I think NCM can do bigger things at AU than Duke or Sammie did. NCM definitely has better hands than Sammie did and he is faster than Duke. We do need a dependable wr like DA who runs great routes and catches the ball. DA made alot of big plays for us. That 4th down catch against UAT was as clutch as it gets.

Yup. We don't win the game without that catch. He saved the Kentucky game, too. 

14 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Kerryon is an impressive interview. Well spoken young man that seems mature.

I was already a fan of KJ just because I am from HSV and all.  But the more I hear him speak and watch him play, the more I realize that this kid has a very bright future possible.

Just now, lkeel75 said:

I was already a fan of KJ just because I am from HSV and all.  But the more I hear him speak and watch him play, the more I realize that this kid has a very bright future possible.

I can't believe AU fans are sleeping on him. I'm not saying he's going to be Fournette or Chubb, or even Henry, but he will produce at a very high level if the other guys do their jobs. He really gave us a spark last year, but I think maybe folks didn't notice because of all the negative focal points on offense. 

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

I can't believe AU fans are sleeping on him. I'm not saying he's going to be Fournette or Chubb, or even Henry, but he will produce at a very high level if the other guys do their jobs. He really gave us a spark last year, but I think maybe folks didn't notice because of all the negative focal points on offense. 

Completely agree @McLoofus!   I think he has the brains and talent to be something really special.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Indeed.  He was one of the 2015 offense's few bright spots.

11 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Completely agree @McLoofus!   I think he has the brains and talent to be something really special.

Yeah. That's what I think about with him... his intelligence. I feel like I saw him make the right decision with the ball in his hands every time. And you have to love a kid who gets trusted in the wildcat like that as a true FR. I mentioned in another thread that I went back and watched the bowl game and noticed that when Sean fell apart in the 2nd quarter, KJ got the next few snaps to settle things down. I don't know enough about the game to know for sure, but that *feels* like a big deal to me in terms of what he's bringing to the table as a leader and a guy we can depend on. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, dmoney said:

marquis mcclain looks huge.. this is the type of receivers we need... im loving the size of these freshman receivers... :hellyeah::wareagle:

Thank you for using the player's full name instead of MM. It is often difficult to parse who the player is when the initial comment on the player is by his initials only

• Like 2