2016 Fall Camp - Practice 6 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The passing TD's came from a blown assignment and a missed tackle. Also there were no long runs, nothing over 20 yards, during a run oriented scrim. You decide. 

Great Defense! 

Yellow font

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No long runs on a very run oriented scrim. 

Kind of hard to break a long run when the defense is expecting the run...unless your last name is Fournette. 

7 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

JF3 threw a pick 6 to Markell Boston

i was wondering what happened to Markell,  he was a 2 star late add in the 2014 recruiting class.   

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

I like the idea of not publically not naming a starter even though Gus may know exactly who is starting. Big difference for Clemson to prepare for  AU with SW compared to JF3.

Not how I read his comment. He said he didn't think he would need the second scrimmage to name a starting quarterback.

36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not how I read his comment. He said he didn't think he would need the second scrimmage to name a starting quarterback.

Not talking about his comment or when/how Gus makes a decision but talking about the benefits of not publically naming a starter. Make Clemson prepare defensively for a potential heavy running attack if JF3 were QB or a better passing attack with SW/JJ.

3 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Not talking about his comment or when/how Gus makes a decision but talking about the benefits of not publically naming a starter. Make Clemson prepare defensively for a potential heavy running attack if JF3 were QB or a better passing attack with SW/JJ.

Of course, you know that even if Gus doesn't name a starting QB, someone will be at practice and leak who is running the offense to the internet.

11 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

It's a good chance it's going to be a potentially heavy running attack with either/or TBH. Not to sound like a prick, but I do not think it is going to make much of a difference to Clemson quite honestly. This isn't tOSU 2015 QB crew that they are running into.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Trigga didn't have a good scrim I'm told. Missed tackle and blown assignment for the TD passes. 

I don't get that guy. All the coaches from the past staff and this staff love him, he has all the tools in the world, etc.....when he's in a game situation he doesn't produce.

Listening to interviews this qb race was closer than it was made to seem on here...I'm just hoping for the best man but damn this board has me worried

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The passing TD's came from a blown assignment and a missed tackle. Also there were no long runs, nothing over 20 yards, during a run oriented scrim. You decide. 

And if we did have long runs, you would be posting that he Defense sucks still. Right?

56 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Of course, you know that even if Gus doesn't name a starting QB, someone will be at practice and leak who is running the offense to the internet.

Hopefully it will be big helping of disinformation that keeps Clemson completely off pack. You know, secret Notre Dame box kind of stuff.

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's a good chance it's going to be a potentially heavy running attack with either/or TBH. Not to sound like a prick, but I do not think it is going to make much of a difference to Clemson quite honestly. This isn't tOSU 2015 QB crew that they are running into.

True statements. Only difference would be how much the QB keeps the ball.

Just now, 80Tiger said:

True statements. Only difference would be how much the QB keeps the ball.

I expect SW to start...with that, I hope we run more of the 2009 offense and less of the QB read, predetermined or not. I would love to go back to more misdirection.

28 minutes ago, YesWeCam said:

I don't get that guy. All the coaches from the past staff and this staff love him, he has all the tools in the world, etc.....when he's in a game situation he doesn't produce.

Who? 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Does anybody know how the freshman receivers did?  Any fumbles?

Eli Stove had a good day, couple great catches. Pettway lost a fumble.

29 minutes ago, YesWeCam said:

Well he produced in Georgia. I think he played hurt last year

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I like the idea of not publically not naming a starter even though Gus may know exactly who is starting. Big difference for Clemson to prepare for  AU with SW compared to JF3.

Been saying this! I hope we don't name the starter publicly even though many know it's a large chance it will be SW. I wish we were not giving that indication so they can prepare for JF3 as well. I think JF3 will certainly have a package even without starting but i think it would've been good to have Clemson second guessing which would really be starting. As long as the team knows who the starter would be...i didn't feel the need for us to know.  

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I am seeing mixed signals about SW. Did he throw a TD or not? Any insiders there confirm? 

If you watched the interviews, a couple of the guys said all the QBs had scoring drives. I assumed that to mean TDs, but I guess they could be including FGs???

Archived