The real Trump's back!

quietfan

Knew he couldn't keep his foot out of his mouth for long:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-campaign-defends-2nd-amendment-comment-n626601

Trump 'Second Amendment' Quip Seen as Veiled Threat Against Clinton

Donald Trump's comments Tuesday suggesting that "2nd Amendment people" could stop Hillary Clinton from making judicial nominations sparked outrage from opponents but the campaign defended the remarks by arguing that Trump was referring to the group's considerable political power, not violence.

"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment," Trump said during a rally in North Carolina on Tuesday.

"By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.

The Clinton campaign and other Trump opponents rejected Trump campaign's explanation and blamed the GOP nominee for suggesting violence as a possible means of preventing Clinton from appointing judges if she is elected president.

"This is simple — what Trump is saying is dangerous. A person seeking to be the President of the United States should not suggest violence in any way," Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook said in a statement.

And Sen. Chris Murphy, D-CT, responded on Twitter: "Don't treat this as a political misstep. It's an assassination threat, seriously upping the possibility of a national tragedy & crisis." 

But Trump's campaign denied that he was suggesting violence, instead saying the real estate mogul was referencing the power gun rights advocates have at the voting booth.

"It's called the power of unification — 2nd Amendment people have amazing spirit and are tremendously unified, which gives them great political power," Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller said in a statement. "And this year, they will be voting in record numbers, and it won't be for Hillary Clinton, it will be for Donald Trump."

The 2nd Amendment folks do indeed have a lot of power at the ballot box, and that's their right.  But Trump specifically said AFTER Hillary is elected, "if she gets to pick her judges", no one can do anything about it....except maybe the gun folks.  What can their votes do about it then?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Where's the threat ? :gofig:

Perhaps this article, from AUUSN in the other thread, will help you see it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/09/donald-trump-says-second-amendment-people-may-be-the-only-check-on-clinton-judicial-appointments/

11 minutes ago, quietfan said:

To be very clear: Trump is referring to remedies for judicial picks made by Hillary Clinton once she takes office. The remedy he proposes is that the "Second Amendment people" -- gun owners -- deal with it. There are at least two plausible ways to read this: Either Trump is casually suggesting that a sitting president could be shot or he's arguing that gun owners engage in armed conflict with federal officials sent to collect their weapons.

This is laughable !!!  THOSE are PLAUSIBLE ways to read this ? Assassinate her or engage in armed conflict ??

Here's one that's far more likely - GET OUT AND VOTE ! 

Duh! 

My god, this from the same folks who tried to pin the Gabby Giffords shooting on Sarah Palin ? Once again, the Left shows it knows now depths to which it'll sink to gen up fabricated outrage over things never said. 

Oh, and bring in the hypocrites !! Here's the ' tolerant, peaceful ' Left... 

Wonkette-T-Shirt-Trump-3-620x503_zpswrxt

15 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

This is laughable !!!  THOSE are PLAUSIBLE ways to read this ? Assassinate her or engage in armed conflict ??

Here's one that's far more likely - GET OUT AND VOTE ! 

.Well, those two interpretations seem more plausible to me than the idea that 'votes' can do anything about it if, therefore after, she's elected...which I said in my opening post.

But my reason for starting the thread wasn't really focused the perceived 'threat', per se.  I was commenting more on Trump's apparent inability to communicate clearly, his difficulty with handling PR, and his continued choice of ambiguous or provocative words.  Although Telling Tiger's idea about 'preaching to the choir' make some sense too.

18 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Basically ...

More like Basic spin... if you're gonna go quoting Fauxahontas on this, then that's all I need to know. 

Meanwhile. the father of the worst mass murder shooting in US history was a guest to a Hillary campaign rally. 

dad-640x480.png

Yes, that really happened. 

1 minute ago, quietfan said:

.Well, those two interpretations seem more plausible to me than the idea that 'votes' can do anything about it if, therefore after, she's elected...which I said in my opening post.

But my reason for starting the thread wasn't really focused the perceived 'threat', per se.  I was commenting more on Trump's apparent inability to communicate clearly, his difficulty with handling PR, and his continued choice of ambiguous or provocative words.  Although Telling Tiger's idea about 'preaching to the choir' make some sense too.

The President  does not have the power of the crown, even if Hillary does win. ( Though Obama sure as hell thinks he does ) 

Even before I saw it, Trump's campaign came out and said exactly what I thought... he was talking about VOTING, and nothing else. He was warning folks,  that IF she becomes President, that's what she'll do, ... but that the voters who believe in the 2nd Amendment still can change that, before the unthinkable happens. 

Just now, AURaptor said:

Even before I saw it, Trump's campaign came out and said exactly what I thought... he was talking about VOTING, and nothing else. He was warning folks,  that IF she becomes President, that's what she'll do, ... but that the voters who believe in the 2nd Amendment still can change that, before the unthinkable happens. 

I accept that those could have been his intentions.  But again, very crudely expressed since it can be easily interpreted otherwise.

Just now, quietfan said:

I accept that those could have been his intentions.  But again, very crudely expressed since it can be easily interpreted otherwise.

Agreed. 

In other words, classic Trump. 

Careless use of language but,,,I think Raptor is right this time.  Hell, he can't be wrong every single time.  Close but, not every time.  Of course, if the shoe were in the other mouth,,,,

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

Agreed. 

In other words, classic Trump. 

Always like it when when we can reach some agreement rather than insulting each other!  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Auburn85 said:

Doesn't sound like Clinton's going to be invited to Trump's next wedding does it?

Laughing at the joke, so continuing it:  ...Unless maybe some of Donald's NYC Mafia friends are also being invited.

4 minutes ago, Auburn85 said:

Doesn't sound like Clinton's going to be invited to Trump's next wedding does it?

Oh come on!  This is like professional wrestling.  

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Oh come on!  This is like professional wrestling.  

Ha, that's actually how I view Trump. He's been hanging around Vince MacMahon too much. Would make an interesting poll or research. Not to judge all wrestling fans, but I do wonder how many wresting fans are also Trump fans.

1 minute ago, Auburn85 said:

Ha, that's actually how I view Trump. He's been hanging around Vince MacMahon too much. Would make an interesting poll or research. Not to judge all wrestling fans, but I do wonder how many wresting fans are also Trump fans.

Whether you are talking about Trump, or Clinton, the mentality of the "true believers" is definitely in question.

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Whether you are talking about Trump, or Clinton, the mentality of the "true believers" is definitely in question.

If I thought that video would have gone viral, I'd have worn a nicer shirt. 

Regardless of what Trump meant when he said it, aren't we sort of breezing past the idea that part of the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to, at least in theory, give the citizenry the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Regardless of what Trump meant when he said it, aren't we sort of breezing past the idea that part of the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to, at least in theory, give the citizenry the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government?

Now that's just crazy talk !

( Yeah, you're right. ) 

This election is over. The media and an incredibly ignorant population will NEVER let Mrs. Clinton lose. ANYONE who says that he/she thinks that Trump was encouraging Mrs. Clinton's assassination is a pathetic liar. Dan Rather made a Facebook post denouncing the remark. Liberals are brilliantly sleazy. My hats are off to y'all!

Archived