John Franklin III

ClaytonAU

Would like to say two things on the guy, he's fast as hell and we need to get him in the game with the ball in his hands more.

But I do not like his attitude at all. I don't care what the issue is, don't ever treat a coach like that on national television. He needs to start looking a little happier on the sideline and on the field because regardless of who is starting or what's going on the field, he gets shown on the cameras more than any other player. 

Thoughts? 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see what he did on the sideline but could tell from the Netflix show he has an attitude. Doesnt seem team oriented , mostly about him. My prediction is that Gus will handle it to the detriment of JFIII and the team. 

i didn't see what you are talking about, but i assume that its just a sign of the times.....i was okay with malzahn running off robinson and i would be fine running off franklin if he shows a similar attitude....one of the problems of society today is a lack of respect for authority....that starts at home at an early age

I didn't see the attitude, but I wasn't looking for it either.  JFIII is a talent, as he showed by his play, but SW solidified the QB1 spot last night.  JFIII can be a great change of pace if SW has issues with better defenses he will face during the season.

Team sport, we don't need any bad apples...from anyone on a TEAM. Short lease on attitudes. Maybe we have special counseling for players and etc. these days.

can you show a link or anything? i believe you but i have not seen anything and would like to judge for myself.

JFIII has SPEED.  That's all I've really seen from him.  He transferred from FSU because he wasn't going to be the starter.  He wasn't the starter in JUCO, and there's a reason for that.  I'm in the camp that doesn't think he will ever make a real contribution as a QB.

I noticed it. The kid pouted like a toddler who doesn't get to play. I could understand him being frustrated if Sean had struggled and Gus just wouldn't give John a shot, but Sean looked legit last night, and no coach in his right mind is gonna screw up what Sean had going. 

With that being said, I will give him a break this week. John Franklin had a vision of coming here and being the next NM, but he watched that dream pretty much go down the tube, last night, as Sean solidified his place as THE guy. That's gotta be hard for anyone to go through.

some of you have already forgotten what prima donna attitudes have cost this team in the past. so what if the kid was not raised right? he has a chance right now to turn his fortunes around and do something good. bringing serious attitude on the sideline and in public is a big no no i do not care if you were born a millionaire. act like you at least like the ball club...............there are probably hundreds of kids at least that wish they had the opportunity he does. am i right? i would be for him running stadium steps until he quits being a me guy and becomes an us guy.

11 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I sure would have liked to have seen JFIII throw at least one ball last night.  He is no doubt fast, but he needs some in game reps passing. 

Not until he's ready...no point in having him get one picked off and validating what people already think.  Hoping the attitude issue is just competitiveness and guess these days coaches have to put up with a certain amount of that. 

I'm good seeing KJ run the wildcat but it might be nice to see JF3 there too.  But for game #2, it was really important IMO for the projected starters to get lots of playing time after the performance last week.   If JF3 keeps it together, he will see more time JMO...and will bring a nice change of pace to the game.

PS.. I don't care if he ever throws a pass....that's not why he's here JMO

If SW gets hurt, JFIII will need to have thrown some passes in preparation.  That's my whole point. A good D will put him in 3rd and long early and often running the same plays over and over.  

22 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

With that being said, I will give him a break this week. John Franklin had a vision of coming here and being the next NM, but he watched that dream pretty much go down the tube, last night, as Sean solidified his place as THE guy. That's gotta be hard for anyone to go through.

Really doubt that. I think it's more like I know sw is the starter and when we go up by 28 I'll think I'll get to play, and when I play I'll get to make some passes....everybody already knew sw was the starter and sw performed as expected

I think he was  disappointed that he didn't get a chance to showcase what he can do as a true DT-QB. Whatever. He didn't blast coaches on twitter, he doesn't seem to be a bad student, he hasn't gotten caught up with drugs/guns, etc. There haven't been any complaints by his current teammates. Some of you guys look for every little thing to complain about.

when kids are allowed to act up like that on the tele it gives the impression that the team is out of control. how many have we lost or dismissed so far? and sorry but recruits need to know not to act like that if they come to auburn. personally i think gus gave him too much time to try and make the grade. white won it so let him enjoy it. and let j3 go work harder and show the coaches they made a mistake by his play and not showing off on the tube and making our coaches look bad. sorry but i am so tired of this "I" stuff i could throw up. is not auburns theme this year earn it?

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

when kids are allowed to act up like that on the tele it gives the impression that the team is out of control. how many have we lost or dismissed so far? and sorry but recruits need to know not to act like that if they come to auburn. personally i think gus gave him too much time to try and make the grade. white won it so let him enjoy it. and let j3 go work harder and show the coaches they made a mistake by his play and not showing off on the tube and making our coaches look bad. sorry but i am so tired of this "I" stuff i could throw up. is not auburns theme this year earn it?

Really? Cam Newton has had terrible body language as a professional, yet nobody has ever questioned if RR lost control of his team. Should he be aware of his body language? Yes. It allows people to judge you within 10 seconds. It doesn't make him detrimental to team chemistry, though. However unhappy he may have been, he went out and did what was told of him on the field. I imagine if it is an issue, Gus and CRL will be more than happy to guide him along the right path.

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Really doubt that. I think it's more like I know sw is the starter and when we go up by 28 I'll think I'll get to play, and when I play I'll get to make some passes....everybody already knew sw was the starter and sw performed as expected

exactly. Did you notice GM never brought him in until the score was out of reach and under control? He didnt bring in JF3 just to change the pace or get him ready to play as much as SW. So, i saw him used as mop up duty. Now if SW is not moving the team, or our running game is getting stuffed, then expect him to come in to open up the run game next week.

25 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

exactly. Did you notice GM never brought him in until the score was out of reach and under control? He didnt bring in JF3 just to change the pace or get him ready to play as much as SW. So, i saw him used as mop up duty. Now if SW is not moving the team, or our running game is getting stuffed, then expect him to come in to open up the run game next week.

The only issue I have with this is it is not adequately preparing JF3 to be a QB. Teams are going to crash down hard on him. I honestly saw no reason for him, to at the very least, not have the opportunity to throw one screen pass. He needs game time repetition, in not only the zone read but also passing. Of course, I say this as a spectator with nothing to lose. But, I can definitely see why he would feel somewhat distraught based on his personality.

The bottom line is people need to stop placing folks in one generic box. Everybody reacts to certain situations in different manners. Not everyone has the temperament of a Kodi Burns or a J. Wallace. Coaches know that going into the recruiting process, which should allow them the ability to interact with many individuals differently on a micro level. They should be equipped to deal with different personalities in a way to unify their ultimate vision of the team.

Archived