Briles as OC

ScottsboroAuburnFan

Just now, DAG said:

Even if he does, he needs to move on for his own career at least. 

You could be right.  Other than the short time he spent at Samford with Coach Sullivan, he's spent his entire career thus far as a collegiate coach working for Gus.   

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine if our defense continues to improve into next year, AND our offense makes strides towards a Baylor type offense... 

Just now, triangletiger said:

You could be right.  Other than the short time he spent at Samford with Coach Sullivan, he's spent his entire career thus far as a collegiate coach working for Gus.   

I know for a fact, He would have a lot of community support at Arkansas State as an HC candidate. Many of the folks down there want him. The question is, would CRL be willing to make that move..

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I know for a fact, He would have a lot of community support at Arkansas State as an HC candidate. Many of the folks down there want him. The question is, would CRL be willing to make that move..

I hope CRL doesn't have a choice.

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Can you imagine if our defense continues to improve into next year, AND our offense makes strides towards a Baylor type offense... 

I've imagined it every year since 2009. Unfortunately, the two units have had an inverse relationship with each other thus far. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I've imagined it every year since 2009. Unfortunately, the two units have had an inverse relationship with each other thus far. 

Touche. I gotta say, its nice having the Loof quote me in threads again. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

That opportunity could very well present itself at the end of this season.  Arky State has not fared very well thus far this season; they just lost to Central Arkansas - an FCS team (albeit a pretty good FCS team).

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Touche. I gotta say, its nice having the Loof quote me in threads again. 

Post it, and they will quote...

Much like the offense, still shaking off the rust of the offseason. 

4 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

That opportunity could very well present itself at the end of this season.  Arky State has not fared very well thus far this season; they just lost to Central Arkansas - an FCS team (albeit a pretty good FCS team).

Nope. That loss did not sit well with the folks down in Jonesboro. You do not lose to UCA. You pay that school to beat them.

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

so true and welcome back sir

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

so true and welcome back sir

Too kind. Had to take a break from the football stuff for a bit. Totally guilty of loving the joyfests after a win but avoiding the opposite. Especially when the conversation after TAMU was presumably about the same as it was after Clemson. 

There may be some truth in what Kevin wrote. However, just because AU beat LSU, doesn't mean Malzahn is off the hook. There's still 8 more games left.

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Too kind. Had to take a break from the football stuff for a bit. Totally guilty of loving the joyfests after a win but avoiding the opposite. Especially when the conversation after TAMU was presumably about the same as it was after Clemson. 

Hey I don't blame you there. Sometimes one doesn't need the thick negativity being funneled into one's life. Especially from a game being played by kids.

Just now, Tiger said:

Hey I don't blame you there. Sometimes in life one doesn't need the thick negativity being funneled into one's life. Especially from a game being played by kids.

Church.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The downtick in rational, well-measured repartee was noticed.

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What.. You too good to watch me b**** & gripe?

;)

43 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hey I don't blame you there. Sometimes in life one doesn't need the thick negativity being funneled into one's life. Especially from a game being played by kids.

That's why I said once the season start what can you do anyway? Might as well hope for the best. So hell I said maybe the o line will gel and the offense will get better every game....I said that after the loss mind you. That's when you need to be positive, when there is some adversity. Being positive thinking you're the greatest after a win is easy

Just now, cole256 said:

That's why I said once the season start what can you do anyway? Might as well hope for the best. So hell I said maybe the o line will gel and the offense will get better every game....I said that after the loss mind you. That's when you need to be positive, when there is some adversity. Being positive thinking you're the greatest after a win is easy

Yessir! So true. 

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Briles makes enough money to be able to afford a haircut.   :)

Hahahahah.  He's always looks a little shaggy around the edges to me.  

Just like when I see Jimbo Fisher or Bert Bielemia I always want to mail them a razor.  Clean up men - you make enough money to where you should never have to shave yourself or need a freaking haircut.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm'a raise a glass to anybody using "repartee" in a post. :cheers:

Wonder if anyone will chime in with "Repartee? I didn't get invited to the first one!"

17 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

Wonder if anyone will chime in with "Repartee? I didn't get invited to the first one!"

Dude, quit taking all the good #dadjokes, I'll have none left to dazzle my wife with later. 

Archived