Jeremy Johnson

Eisenhower_1952

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...or at least get in on special teams, some gadget play or facilitating play call signalling from the sideline if he's considering following AU QBs Patrick Nix and Kodi's coaching footsteps. Seems he's given his best over several years which may not have worked out but I'd like more for him. He played against Clemson so if he does not have a significant football related injury, his eligibility is done after this season.

If Damian Lewis is getting carries at the end of regulation and Queen is getting put in to knee the ball, and JJ is not getting a look to enter the game at all, that makes me believe the staff is trying to keep his options as open as possible in regards to transferring and getting a shot to play ball 1 more time elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If Damian Lewis is getting carries at the end of regulation and Queen is getting put in to knee the ball, and JJ is not getting a look to enter the game at all, that makes me believe the staff is trying to keep his options as open as possible in regards to transferring and getting a shot to play ball 1 more time elsewhere.

Only way I see it is to fake injury. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't think that's uncommon actually. If I'm not mistaken our own Tigers over the years have played a few freshman in the first couple games of the season and they have an injury that would keep them out for a month or so and they just deem it a season ending injury and with the amount of games they played in are able to qualify for the redshirt. I can't think of specific examples at this time, but it seems like I remember something like this happening. Not exactly the same situation as JJ right now but I think the door is open to do this.

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Or it would be an insult to Jeremy to put him in to take a knee.  I know I wouldn't like going from starter to knee guy.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Or it would be an insult to Jeremy to put him in to take a knee.  I know I wouldn't like going from starter to knee guy.

Well yeah, I agree with you there. Just seemed weird to put a new guy in there just for that snap in the first place. I guess I just used that example to bolster my point. It probably failed lol

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Well yeah, I agree with you there. Just seemed weird to put a new guy in there just for that snap in the first place. I guess I just used that example to bolster my point. It probably failed lol

I think Queen got to go in because it was homecoming.

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

Unless he's injured (and thanks to Saban that injury will now have to be verified by an independent doctor or doctors) there is no way he can use this as a redshirt year.

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't think that's uncommon actually. If I'm not mistaken our own Tigers over the years have played a few freshman in the first couple games of the season and they have an injury that would keep them out for a month or so and they just deem it a season ending injury and with the amount of games they played in are able to qualify for the redshirt. I can't think of specific examples at this time, but it seems like I remember something like this happening. Not exactly the same situation as JJ right now but I think the door is open to do this.

JJ Not injured, and in ten years following the program I've never known any one in our system to fake an injury for redshirt. 

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

JJ Not injured, and in ten years following the program I've never known any one in our system to fake an injury for redshirt. 

I don't think it was a "fake" injury, but more of an injury that would otherwise keep a guy off the field for a few games just mysteriously ballooned into a redshirt campaign.

Maybe I'm 100000% off base here lol. I wouldn't put it past myself. My memory isn't particularly my strong suit haha

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I don't think it was a "fake" injury, but more of an injury that would otherwise keep a guy off the field for a few games just mysteriously ballooned into a redshirt campaign.

Maybe I'm 100000% off base here lol. I wouldn't put it past myself. My memory isn't particularly my strong suit haha

Ah I see what you're saying (or writing) now. Yes, There are times where a player misses enough games with an injury that the upside of putting him back in isn't as high for the player as sitting out the entire year and coming back the next, that's true. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

well, maybe not fake it but he can hope he gets hurt in practice and causes him to not be available in games that we would not have used him anyway. i wish he would get that shot.

Jeremy is set to graduate at AU. Contrary to a lot of message board folks he is a class guy. You watch when SW or JF3 does anything he will be the first to run to them and shake their hands. He will stay on the team in case something happens to SW and he is needed. If not he will graduate and I am not sure weather he will pursue the NFL or try his hand as a GA. What ever he does I will wish him well. If folks in this world could be half as classy as JJ this would be a great world. He is an Auburn man through and through. WDE

Unfortunately since it's coming to that point, the rules state that the injury would have had to of occurred before 20% of the season being over in order to actually work. I went through this obstacle myself when trying to get the paperwork to be eligible to play for AU. It's an unfortunate occurrence but JJ has basically been discarded by the coaching staff, especially due to the fact that fan pressure and the heat from having him in there have gotten to Gus. I think at this point Gus would rather not even risk upsetting anyone else by Gus even showing JJ. It's a terrible thing yes, but that's what the insensitivity of some college football fans can do. Too much unrest isn't good right now when Gus is trying to fight for his football life basically. 

14 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Unfortunately since it's coming to that point, the rules state that the injury would have had to of occurred before 20% of the season being over in order to actually work. I went through this obstacle myself when trying to get the paperwork to be eligible to play for AU. It's an unfortunate occurrence but JJ has basically been discarded by the coaching staff, especially due to the fact that fan pressure and the heat from having him in there have gotten to Gus. I think at this point Gus would rather not even risk upsetting anyone else by Gus even showing JJ. It's a terrible thing yes, but that's what the insensitivity of some college football fans can do. Too much unrest isn't good right now when Gus is trying to fight for his football life basically. 

Good observations....and that's probably what's going on with Jason Smith.  Nobody is saying much but seems the staff has moved on and with so many good young guys, nobody is going to make an effort to get him into a game.  Saw something about JS working at QB?   what's that all about?  As you say, coaches feeling the heat and taking the least risk option in about every case. Two examples of the "cold" side of college football.

18 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I don't think Gus is remotely worrying about his job at this point and shouldn't. He was never going to get fired this year unless he pulled a 2012. Fans may want to believe that what they think matters but it matters very little. When a team like last year is in every game but one in the fourth quarter a 7 and 6 is not considered bad by those inside the program. When you start getting smoked 40 to 0 like 2012 then it will matter. There is really no scenario I see that happening with this team even before they turned the corner.

Also Gus has no problem what so ever in playing JJ if something happens to SW. While the fans may not like it, Gus will do what he considers best for the team. WDE

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don't think Gus is remotely worrying about his job at this point and shouldn't. He was never going to get fired this year unless he pulled a 2012. Fans may want to believe that what they think matters but it matters very little. When a team like last year is in every game but one in the fourth quarter a 7 and 6 is not considered bad by those inside the program. When you start getting smoked 40 to 0 like 2012 then it will matter. There is really no scenario I see that happening with this team even before they turned the corner.

Also Gus has no problem what so ever in playing JJ if something happens to SW. While the fans may not like it, Gus will do what he considers best for the team. WDE

Sorry your incorrect on the opinion. We'll just have to disagree

10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

if sean goes down tomorrow JJ is back in the discussion if JF3 can't be consistent. i don't know how Gus worrying about his job matters at all. If you win enough you are retained if you don't you are fired. He wants to win every game whether he is 0-6 or 6-0. If he played JJ it is because he thinks he is the best, apparently he doesn't. I have never seen or heard any negatives from JJ. No casual fan wanted him to succeed more than i did. he had his shot and it didn't work out. Could he have done better with different coaching? maybe but now he is stuck behind two less experienced qbs and putting all the tools on the table i think added all up he is more talented than either of them. it was suggested here that he be redshirted and i laughed at whoever mentioned it but now it made sense. it would be awesome for him to have been free to move into a place of his choice next year. qb situations change weekly we may be back on the JJ bandwagon anyway.

JJ is a class act.   I have no idea if he can help at this point but I would like to see him join the basketball team when the season is over.

If I remember  correctly, once upon a time he had skills.

I hope JJ finds success somewhere, He's always seemed like a good guy, either at another team (non-bammer) or in a non-football career I'd like to see him win.

Archived