Auburn vs. Vanderbilt - TV Announcers

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't even understand the info. Like what is actually downloaded and how to get it it work?

I haven't done it yet, but it sounds like the software is what you pull the broadcast through. Looking at their website, it lets you almost configure how long you want the delay to wait. OP said typically 17.5 seconds, so if you set the radio broadcast to a 17.5 second delay at least as a starting point, it should sync with the tv so you can mute the tv and get Rod and Stan live with the TV broadcast.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to threadjack but I can't start topics yet.  For any DirecTV customers: if you are missing channels or getting an error message about your receiver not updating the schedule guide, DO NOT reset your receiver.  The reset will not complete and you won't have any tv at all. 

DTV is apparently having severe technical issues with no ETA on a fix.  Hopefully they are back up before game time tomorrow. And I wouldn't bother phoning customer service - I tried 3 times and got disconnected by their automated system each time before speaking to anyone. Even the chat feature on the DTV website errors out.

I've seen online where some folks are still able to get the low def equivalent of their missing HD channels - that may be a work around.

We now return to your previous conversation.

2 hours ago, Charleston Tiger said:

I haven't done it yet, but it sounds like the software is what you pull the broadcast through. Looking at their website, it lets you almost configure how long you want the delay to wait. OP said typically 17.5 seconds, so if you set the radio broadcast to a 17.5 second delay at least as a starting point, it should sync with the tv so you can mute the tv and get Rod and Stan live with the TV broadcast.

The point of my last post was I did not see either one of you list an actual website for someone to get started.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't even understand the info. Like what is actually downloaded and how to get it it work?

On November 2, 2016 at 1:05 PM, jAUSon said:

First post. I downloaded software- routed an f.m. radio through the laptop, and back out into a speaker set-up for the Ole Miss game. Had to delay Rod and Stan 17 1/2 seconds to line up with the tv. It worked well. The absence of crowd noise was odd feeling, but hey, we never heard a syllable of Jesse Palmer that night. Software was "Audio Delay" by Fountainware. I'll be using it from now on. Love the forum, way less trolls. War Eagle

There's no actual link there E, but I'm sure Google can very easily get you to "Audio Delay by Fountainware". :-\:Sing:

On 11/2/2016 at 1:31 AM, WFE12 said:

Never heard of either one...but yeah I agree anyone is an upgrade over Musberger 

I don't get what y'all hate about Musburger; that man treats every game like it's the national championship and calls it accordingly. I felt fired up watching the replay earlier this year against Arkansas State

I'd swear these guys were Vandy fans... Every call for Auburn is bad and every call against is good as far as they are concerned. I'm waiting for one to say "go Vandy".

I usually don't complain about announcers, but when my daughter ask if we can mute the TV, then it must be really bad.

Has to turn volume off. They are horrible.  Will not let the targeting call die.  Brought  it up a dozen times just like the overturned fumblr. Second guesses almost every call the offenses make. "in my opinion". Noone cares

Cunningham has to be the worst "color analyst" on ESPN's network. And that is saying something. I actually like Mike Patrick.

If we can reliably make the elevators fail... surely we can do the same to Cunningham's mic should he show his face at our games again. That a**hole deserves to be serving hotdogs and nachos on the concourse.... scratch that, cleaning the men's restrooms.

4 minutes ago, 33gles said:

If we can reliably make the elevators fail... surely we can do the same to Cunningham's mic should he show his face at our games again. That a**hole deserves to be serving hotdogs and nachos on the concourse.... scratch that, cleaning the men's restrooms.

preferably after i've eaten a bunch of hotdogs and nachos... 

Worst announcers I have EVER HEARD.

Could not even get the teams playing in front of them correct. Auburn was Ole Miss, Vandy was Auburn, etc.

Absolutely abysmal!

We all need tp bombard them with complaints. That was the most biased play calling I have ever heard and I muted after the target call. My daughter watched and listened in the other room, she was ready to punch the t.v. You know it was bad when Bammers were all over FB complaining like Auburn fans.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't get what y'all hate about Musburger; that man treats every game like it's the national championship and calls it accordingly. I felt fired up watching the replay earlier this year against Arkansas State

Musberger has a history of implying that AU is a team that plays dirty and cheats at every opportunity. He talked for years about a chop block on Glenn Dorsey that was a freshman mistake and that Tuberville apologized for personally to the LSU coach. It was a non-issue that Musberger blew up into a scandal and the AU player's family got death threats. All because Musberger talked about it on the air relentlessly for years every time Glenn Dorsey played. Then during the Cam situation he talked about it at every opportunity insinuating that it was just a matter of time before dirty AU got the NCAA hammer. Musberger acts like he has to hold his nose when he's on The Plains. It's just something in the way he talks about Auburn...he's a dirt bag.

9 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

Worst announcers I have EVER HEARD.

Could not even get the teams playing in front of them correct. Auburn was Ole Miss, Vandy was Auburn, etc.

Absolutely abysmal!

Yeah, it was Cunningham who referred to us as Ole Miss for like foive minutes in the first quarter. It was ridiculous, hilarious, and bewildering. Patrick had to finally correct him. Between the broadcast crew and the officials, it was like someone dropped LSD in my iced tea and I was watching the game on an acid trip.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Musberger has a history of implying that AU is a team that plays dirty and cheats at every opportunity. He talked for years about a chop block on Glenn Dorsey that was a freshman mistake and that Tuberville apologized for personally to the LSU coach. It was a non-issue that Musberger blew up into a scandal and the AU player's family got death threats. All because Musberger talked about it on the air relentlessly for years every time Glenn Dorsey played. Then during the Cam situation he talked about it at every opportunity insinuating that it was just a matter of time before dirty AU got the NCAA hammer. Musberger acts like he has to hold his nose when he's on The Plains. It's just something in the way he talks about Auburn...he's a dirt bag.

You are not wrong. Musberger is trash.

8 minutes ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

You are not wrong. Musberger is trash.

I am 71 years old and as long as I can remember Musberger has been a douchebag. He also is a lecher of the First order. But as an announcer, even though I don't like to listen to him or see him, he is head and shoulder above Cunningham. That dude makes me miss Lou Holz and I don't miss him at all.

Should be a non issue, and probably is, but Cunningham played at Washington, and just this week we hear that AU and UW are playing in the kick off classic in ATL, for 2018. Dunno if he's called AU games before, but he sure as hell had him a hankerin' for some Vandy football today. 

Archived