Auburn vs. Vanderbilt - TV Announcers

RunInRed

Funny....a friend of mine who is not even an AU fan sent me a note advising the color guy gets the "beating a dead horse" award over the fumble question and his numerous references to Auburn winning out and Texas A & M losing, etc, etc.    He is a Washington fan....and thought the guys were awful. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Let me know if y'all find Ed's twitter handle. 

Oh my God, he is trending on twitter! I can't find his page, he may not have one, but the people hastagging sarcastic tweets with his name are hilarious!

15 minutes ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

Oh my God, he is trending on twitter! I can't find his page, he may not have one, but the people hastagging sarcastic tweets with his name are hilarious!

I made one post myself but couldn't find him lol. Is it true he said vandys anchors were for military appreciation day?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I made one post myself but couldn't find him lol. Is it true he said vandys anchors were for military appreciation day?

YEAH! I do remember him saying that!!!!!!!!!

The only way this could have possibly been worse would have been to team up Cunningham with the woman announcer. Let's hope they never think of doing that. These two are definitely nauseating. Hope to never hear them again, and especially Cunningham.

23 minutes ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

YEAH! I do remember him saying that!!!!!!!!!

Yes, and when he said it my 11 year old daughter said "No, they are always on their helmets"  

Just finished watching the game since I had to listen to the first half, and these guys were Verne and Gary level bad. The disappointment they showed when Holsey got the INT was just rediculous. It was all about how AU escaped because of the overturned fumble and how good Vandy played. How about how gutsy SW was in playing, especially after missing the first half and not practicing all week? I think they were just mad because they didn't know SW was going to be sitting. No mention of the blatant holds on AU, the blatant face mask on Stove on the late end around, or the clearly illegal leap over the center on the FG. They even went on and on about how he jumped over the guard, even though the numerous replays showed him clearly leaping over the center.

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Just finished watching the game since I had to listen to the first half, and these guys were Verne and Gary level bad.

I will never complain about either of them ever again. 

I thought this was the worst case of pulling for the underdog that I have ever heard. Ever. I had to mute it in the second half. Wife said it was annoying having the game on with no volume but I could not take it. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Just finished watching the game since I had to listen to the first half, and these guys were Verne and Gary level bad. The disappointment they showed when Holsey got the INT was just rediculous. It was all about how AU escaped because of the overturned fumble and how good Vandy played. How about how gutsy SW was in playing, especially after missing the first half and not practicing all week? I think they were just mad because they didn't know SW was going to be sitting. No mention of the blatant holds on AU, the blatant face mask on Stove on the late end around, or the clearly illegal leap over the center on the FG. They even went on and on about how he jumped over the guard, even though the numerous replays showed him clearly leaping over the center.

I know, it was so one sided.  Auburn had a lot of no calls go Vandy's way

Seriously, rewatch the game and take a drink each time he brings up the fumble. I would love to know the exact count.

2 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Seriously, rewatch the game and take a drink each time he brings up the fumble. I would love to know the exact count.

Yeah, but that would require willingly listening to this asshat. You're gonna need mental health counseling after you do that...

The only thing worse than these two would be to add a 3rd person doing color.   ESPN used to do that a lot and all three people in the booth would get into competition to get talk time and then start acting silly and stupid.  Meanwhile the game became secondary.     I hate listening to TV network announcers when I really care about the game 

On 11/4/2016 at 10:48 AM, ellitor said:

The point of my last post was I did not see either one of you list an actual website for someone to get started.

http://www.fountainware.com/Products/AudioDelay/

Appears to be free for you to download from their web site to your PC  

Worst game on TV for an Auburn game I have watched in a long time. Crazy, one announcer called us Ole Miss for several minutes. Ole Miss? Come on! Just look at the uniforms. Biggest whiner announcers ever. Hated watching it. Pissed me off. They should never call a game again. 

The most unhappy person in JHS after Vandy lost? Not a Vandy player. Not the Vandy coach. It was that stupid Cunningham! He ranted about the targeting until the fumble was reversed, then ranted about that until the game was over.

About that fumble: There was a guy upstairs and a bunch of observers in B'ham that agreed it was not a fumble. They had more and better eyes on the play than did Dufus.

On 11/3/2016 at 8:17 PM, ellitor said:

In my opinion we will be the CBS 2:30 p.m. game unless LSU beats Bama and maybe needs Arkansas to beat Florida to unseat us for that time slot. Unless there's a really good power 5 matchup in another conference we should be no worse than the 6 p.m. ESPN game.

Toot!

Archived