CFB Playoff Poll after Week 10

ValleyTiger

Auburn remains #9 this week.

Texas A&M remaining at #8 is ridiculous considering their loss AND T. Knight now out for the year. 

I'm still mad that Wisconsin is ahead of us, too. 

Texas A&M will not be there in a few weeks, I believe the committee just looks at what has happened up until this week.  They don't project what will happen or who is hurt.  Whisky will not be in front of us unless they win the B1G conference title.  It would be interesting if Auburn beats Bama and the SEC Championship and Wisky wins out, there could be two, 2 lose teams in the playoffs.

Just win out....but all the talking heads just said Auburn has no shot.....said just go ahead and pencil UA into the final 4....Ole Miss figured out a way to get points on them....it can be done....and Gus has moved the ball against them before...

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Auburn remains #9 this week.

Texas A&M remaining at #8 is ridiculous considering their loss AND T. Knight now out for the year. 

I'm still mad that Wisconsin is ahead of us, too. 

Seems pretty reasonable to me. A&M has the same record as us and the biggest difference is that they beat us. And we did not exactly distinguish ourselves Saturday. If we win this week I would expect us to move ahead of them but do not expect much movement until the iron bowl. Win that one and we are in business. Follow that with SEC championship and we are probably in. I am hoping but my honest expectation is beat UGA and maybe play in the Sugar Bowl.

From what I saw they would rather put three loss teams ahead of Auburn. Even if the Tigers win out. So, come on Tigers win out and make it difficult for these know it alls.

Yeah, I knew he was, Power. I used to think that segment he did with Holtz and May where he was the judge rendering a final verdict was about as stupid as they come.

Auburn did nothing to help themselves vs Vandy.  We just need to win out and have a few of the teams above us lose a couple of games.

2004 Auburn: goes undefeated, left out. Causes 2014 playoffs to be born.

2016 Auburn: wins SEC, left out with 2 losses with 1 loss Bama getting in. Raises playoff to 8 teams in 2026

Based on tonight's discussions, I'm Just saying...

32 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

2004 Auburn: goes undefeated, left out. Causes 2014 playoffs to be born.

2016 Auburn: wins SEC, left out with 2 losses with 1 loss Bama getting in. Raises playoff to 8 teams in 2026

Based on tonight's discussions, I'm Just saying...

If we beat uga and bammer, and then win the SECCG, I don't see how they could bammer in without us.  Both, possible, neither, possible but not bammer in and us out as the SECChamp.  They could skip us both and take a 1-loss OSU and 1-loss Michigan, undefeateds Clemson and Washington.

I think TAMU still there because the voters realized they were total tools putting them at 4 the week before and are trying to save face. look for them to continue to fall rather fast from here on out.

Oh, Hello all. been super busy this year. Hope everyone is enjoying the season. Miss talking football with all of you. 

49 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

If we beat uga and bammer, and then win the SECCG, I don't see how they could bammer in without us.  Both, possible, neither, possible but not bammer in and us out as the SECChamp.  They could skip us both and take a 1-loss OSU and 1-loss Michigan, undefeateds Clemson and Washington.

Nope. They'd at least take another conference champion before they award a 1 loss team that didn't play on championship Saturday and lost just the week before. No way the loser of OSU-Michigan or the Iron Bowl gets in over a deserving conference champion unless there's absolute chaos on championship Saturday.

We are going to need to roll over UGA to jump whisky. We need UF to keep winning. Two top ten wins would have been better. SEC is just not that strong this year. 

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Auburn did nothing to help themselves vs Vandy.  We just need to win out and have a few of the teams above us lose a couple of games.

I agree. I'm curious though as to whether or not Trevor Knight's injury played any sort of role in their decision making. I don't know when he went out of the game; but perhaps if he played the entire game, could they have won?

17 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We are going to need to roll over UGA to jump whisky. We need UF to keep winning. Two top ten wins would have been better. SEC is just not that strong this year. 

The East is garbage once again for how many years in a row? If only we could be in the East...

40 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I agree. I'm curious though as to whether or not Trevor Knight's injury played any sort of role in their decision making. I don't know when he went out of the game; but perhaps if he played the entire game, could they have won?

I didn't watch any of that game, but I think he got hurt in the 1st half. They still gave up 300+ yards rushing to MSU. Fact is TAMU falls off at the end of every season. Committee head has also stated in the past that they would consider major injuries. 

I'll say it again, Barry Alvarez's voice is strong in that committee even though he has to recuse himself.

7 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We go to Georgia and beat them, we will be up a few slots. I didn't realize Knight was out for the year...

The same Georgia team that lost a home game to Vanderbilt and had to mount a furious comeback to beat Kentucky? Yeah, good luck with that.

As annoying as Joey Galloway usually is, he was spot on tonight with his criticism of the committee as being wildly inconsistent. I'm all for the playoff, but I wish it could be determined via the BCS ranking system or something like it.

4 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

As annoying as Joey Galloway usually is, he was spot on tonight with his criticism of the committee as being wildly inconsistent. I'm all for the playoff, but I wish it could be determined via the BCS ranking system or something like it.

with all due respect no. Yes the committee was inconsistent yesterday but I never want to see a computer be a part of the playoff process over again. I would rather it be decided by humans even if I disagree with their opinion.

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I got to hear Reesey back up the committee's decision. I think he's a tool.

If tool is a four letter word meaning Bama grad then yes. Just think how bad he may be if his wife wasn't an Auburn grad.

11 hours ago, keesler said:

Bolded part is unnecessary. If we win out, we're in.

Archived