Alabama opening as a 19 point favorite

WeagleAU

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Maybe...but it was also an attempt to pull out all the stops as suggested by another poster....and did not work.   Just suggesting that getting very far away from what usually works for your team rarely bears fruit......logistical or not...whatever that means.... 

No that was idiotic coaching and not knowing or trusting the qb's. pulling out all the stops would resemble 2009 iron bowl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a healthy team we have a shot albeit small. We are not healthy, so I just don't see it. Bama wins. Sorry.

God please make me eat lots of crow. Lots.

WDE anyway!!!

I say screw this! I think we have a legit shot to win. All this negative energy won't help a thing! There has been bigger odds against us and we overcame them. If you are true Auburn fans now is the time to show it. If you think we are going to lose then why even play the game? I hope our men don't feel the same way. Even if you don't think there is a snowballs chance in H€!! we win then at least fake it. I think our seniors and outgoing juniors deserve at least that for this week. Afterwards y'all can go back to bashing & trashing.    War Eagle!  IGTBAAT! Beat Bama!!

I think bama will cover late.  Our defense can probably keep us within 10 most of the game if the offense can generate anything at all.  If Pettway is close to 100 percent I think we can score between 14-17 points and if he is not then I think we struggle to score 10.  I can see a 24-10 type game entering the 4th with bama scoring late to get it to 31-10 and cover. 

15 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I say screw this! I think we have a legit shot to win. All this negative energy won't help a thing! There has been bigger odds against us and we overcame them. If you are true Auburn fans now is the time to show it. If you think we are going to lose then why even play the game? I hope our men don't feel the same way. Even if you don't think there is a snowballs chance in H€!! we win then at least fake it. I think our seniors and outgoing juniors deserve at least that for this week. Afterwards y'all can go back to bashing & trashing.    War Eagle!  IGTBAAT! Beat Bama!!

You are right tbone. Beat bama!

16 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, wish I shared it.  You know how many TRUE upsets there have been in this rivalry? Not many...although it seems AU has more of a penchant for pulling them on bama than the other way around.  

17 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

This. I hope Gus throws every trick , onside kick, and fake at them. Good greif guys. Top defense and a scrappy offense. AU wins by a field goal .  yall better get you're minds right and quit all this whiney BS. 

37 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I think bama will cover late.  Our defense can probably keep us within 10 most of the game if the offense can generate anything at all.  If Pettway is close to 100 percent I think we can score between 14-17 points and if he is not then I think we struggle to score 10.  I can see a 24-10 type game entering the 4th with bama scoring late to get it to 31-10 and cover. 

Would not count on Bubba jmo

5 hours ago, SIR ISAAC said:

With Pittway and White out for this game this spread would seem to be about right...27-10, 31-13 or something along that line..

Yep..as much as I dislike it. Old lady-injury luck kicked us in the face again late in the season.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Welp, could get ugly then.  

This from an old man...it would be nice if somehow the coaches and players would prepare for this game (I know KP and SW are not available) like they did the Ole Miss game. The coaches called the game creatively and purposefully dropped our tendencies at the right times. We did not play the Ole Miss game as frightened, but attacked and set our own pace. I know the coaches won't do it again, but damn, I hope they do decide they do not want another Georgia game.

I want to see the kind of CGM that went for two in the 1st qtr. when AU scored its first touchdown the the first game of the 2013 season against Wa. State. Lay it on the line, go for broke, we got nothing to lose kind of football that gets our players and fans into this game. That´s why I made the comparison of Houston vs. Louisville.

My biggest concerns about running every trick play is sometimes they take away the 'momentum' of the game....we do something good, then we throw in a gadget play that doesn't work and it puts us behind the 8-ball....what I want us to do is be the team with the confidence....sure they're good, but don't make them better then who they are....don't make them invincible....make them prove themselves to us....if you don't feel that way, then you're not a true Auburn fan....

3 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

My biggest concerns about running every trick play is sometimes they take away the 'momentum' of the game....we do something good, then we throw in a gadget play that doesn't work and it puts us behind the 8-ball....what I want us to do is be the team with the confidence....sure they're good, but don't make them better then who they are....don't make them invincible....make them prove themselves to us....if you don't feel that way, then you're not a true Auburn fan....

This- they are not invincible. Just look at the LSU game. We need to play with a spirit that is unafraid. We may not win the game but I, for one, will not go into the game thinking we CAN'T win and I don't think this team will either. That is why you get off the bus! War Eagle and Beat Bama!

I think our defense can hold them under 30 if the offense can do anything.  If the offense goes 3 and out for a whole half and gift wraps a TD for them the way they did for UGA that is the only way we get blown out.  If we can just get some first downs on offense and make them earn by not turning the ball over and playing field position it will be a close low scoring game we will have a chance to win.  

Alabama is now down to an 18 point favorite.  It is already looking better!  Lol.

In all seriousness though, I agree with most that our defense can hang with bammer.  My concern, like others, is our depleted offense.  I agree that we will have to find ways to score on defense and special teams in order to have a chance to win the game.

I would have put the spread around 11 or 12, so I would take the points.

I hope we press their WRs. I don't trust their QB to consistently make tight throws, but they'll kill us with well-executed WR screens if we play 7 yards off all night. IMO Monty Adams will be the key defensively for us. We've got to get pressure up the middle so that our ends can clean things up while still playing contain.

And wouldn't it be a great story if JJ6 came out and played lights out, carved up the Bammer secondary, and led this team to a huge win the way we all know he he is capable of doing.  

I know we are banged up but really you guys are throwing in the towel a week in advance and it's kinda crap.  These guys have (esp on defense) went above my expectations. I believe that our D has enough in the tank to take UA to the brink. I'm not worried ab hurts throwing g the ball but his feet scare me esp the way their o-line holds.  But I think the key to the game will be to contain hurts and our o-line holding up.   Those guys they have on d-line are as dominant as ours and it could get ugly for them. But as fans y'all have to be behind your team and not just chalk up a loss when the game is a week away.  Keep faith.  I know it's tough but you have to believe in your team.  

War damn eagle. 

12 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Alabama is now down to an 18 point favorite.  It is already looking better!  Lol.

In all seriousness though, I agree with most that our defense can hang with bammer.  My concern, like others, is our depleted offense.  I agree that we will have to find ways to score on defense and special teams in order to have a chance to win the game.

17-1/2 now. 

I'm the opposite of most of you.  Play to your strengths.  Run the ball.  Play field position unless you have to change the game plan.  Use quick short passes.  Nothing wrong with punting sometimes.  Keep it close until the 4th then try to hit them with something over the top.  Get pressure and hits on Hurts and protect the ball and field position on special teams.  

Archived