Projected 2017 Starting Lineup

thaitopher

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I bet u see in 17, NCM, Kyle out wide with Hastings in stot some. Imo.

Maybe, but don't forget that we also have Ryan Davis, Stove, and McClain.  Hastings might just get pushed out, though I'm sure they will keep him available.

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe, but don't forget that we also have Ryan Davis, Stove, and McClain.  Hastings might just get pushed out, though I'm sure they will keep him available.

And Darius Slayton and Jason Smith. We're sick w/ WR talent. 

It's the things that Gus has done right that make the things he's done wrong so difficult to swallow. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And Darius Slayton and Jason Smith. We're sick w/ WR talent. 

It's the things that Gus has done right that make the things he's done wrong so difficult to swallow. 

I think the problem is that it takes him 2 years to figure out he did it wrong.  Fortunately he's finally getting past the really big errors... at least in recruiting.

On January 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM, McLoofus said:

I strongly disagree. He's no Devin Hester returning kicks, but "severely lacking" seems awfully strong. As for not contributing and being a sub-par RB when healthy, I think that's way, way, way off the mark. He had the 2nd best catch of the season (which was incorrectly ruled not a catch) and almost got to 1,000 yards rushing despite missing several games and giving up most of the carries to Pettway. Also, there's a reason he had 11 touchdowns rushing and another passing. He's smart and he can be trusted. He's one of the best overall football players on the team. Who knows, that might not be saying much, but I believe to be true. 

All that is true but you have to admit he doesn't have the best vision.

10 hours ago, amsterjam said:

All that is true but you have to admit he doesn't have the best vision.

What makes you say that?

Again, I strongly disagree. Not only is his vision not bad, but I consider it a strength of his. That's why he gets so many wildcat carries in the red zone. 11 touchdowns this past season while missing several games and playing in several others at less than 100%. 

Eveyone talks about Sean vs. JS for the starting QB slot. Given all of Sean's injurys I'm going to be watching how many reps Woody gets early in the spring. If WB starts getting a lot of work, things may become very interesting. 

20 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

Eveyone talks about Sean vs. JS for the starting QB slot. Given all of Sean's injurys I'm going to be watching how many reps Woody gets early in the spring. If WB starts getting a lot of work, things may become very interesting. 

Woody's got to decide that he's ready to put in the effort it takes to be the starting QB.  If that happens, then all bets are off who starts, but of course, Stidham has the advantage.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Woody's got to decide that he's ready to put in the effort it takes to be the starting QB.  If that happens, then all bets are off who starts, but of course, Stidham has the advantage.

Agreed, all I'm saying is that Woody's got the physical skill to push JS and drop Sean to 3rd on the depth chart. I'll be watching the reps to see if this happens.

10 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

Agreed, all I'm saying is that Woody's got the physical skill to push JS and drop Sean to 3rd on the depth chart. I'll be watching the reps to see if this happens.

The other variable there is style, however.  If we go with a pass 1st offense, it's going to be very hard for Woody to surpass Sean as a back-up.  If, however, we break out Stidham's wheels, the opposite is true.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The other variable there is style, however.  If we go with a pass 1st offense, it's going to be very hard for Woody to surpass Sean as a back-up.  If, however, we break out Stidham's wheels, the opposite is true.

OT aside, but

Stocked for your storm?

Sterno? canned goods? booze and hallucinogens?

Be Prepared.

8 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

OT aside, but

Stocked for your storm?

Sterno? canned goods? booze and hallucinogens?

Be Prepared.

Fortunately I live in yuppieville... Everything's buried.  I built the house 16 years ago and the power's been out for a total of about 10 minutes... including during the last big ice storm. 

That being said, my wife is off work, today, so she's picking up ice party supplies :)

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Fortunately I live in yuppieville... Everything's buried.  I built the house 16 years ago and the power's been out for a total of about 10 minutes... including during the last big ice storm. 

That being said, my wife is off work, today, so she's picking up ice party supplies :)

Replace all of my above with

stay safe.

So KC, I'm currently in northern Indiana for a few weeks and watching/waiting for your ice storm ❄ to rotate around to us. O'well, life goes on ?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

78° right now...  Wish we had some colder weather.

Any January with temperatures in the 70's is good with me; I moved from the north to the south because of the snow & cold (currently 76 in Alabama).

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, TexasTiger said:

Last year I'd get frustrated with Gus when he was reticent to play Jovon over Peyton. But my frustration was with Gus. It wasn't because "Peyton had no business out there." I just thought Jovon was much more of a threat. My initial reaction was to how you framed the issue.

Jovon was half assing and injured last year. He didn't get his head straight until the latter part of the season. Why would you play a player that wasn't giving the effort? 

3 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Jovon was half assing and injured last year. He didn't get his head straight until the latter part of the season. Why would you play a player that wasn't giving the effort? 

Because I'm just a fan with limited information. ;)

36 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Link to this?  Who said Jovon was half assing and injured?

wde

33 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Link to this?  Who said Jovon was half assing and injured?

wde

I will try to find a link, but I am pretty sure his previous coach did whistleblow on Jovon not going hard in practice and how he told him to stay at AU and work hard when he was thinking about leaving. I don't know about the injury part though. Let me see if I can dig up the link

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I will try to find a link, but I am pretty sure his previous coach did whistleblow on Jovon not going hard in practice and how he told him to stay at AU and work hard when he was thinking about leaving. I don't know about the injury part though. Let me see if I can dig up the link

Thanks.  Although I am looking for a link that our coaches said he was not going hard in practice, not his juco coach.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Thanks

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/jovon_robinson_former_coaches_georgia_military_college_support_gus_malzahn_dismissal.html

Here was specific one , where he talks about the cumulative effect of him being dismissed. I will try to find the other.

Just now, DAG said:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/jovon_robinson_former_coaches_georgia_military_college_support_gus_malzahn_dismissal.html

Here was specific one , where he talks about the cumulative effect of him being dismissed. I will try to find the other.

Again, Jovon Robinson's dismissal from AU (which I supported) had nothing to do with his work ethic. I am looking for evidence that his work ethic at AU was poor.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Again, Jovon Robinson's dismissal from AU (which I supported) had nothing to do with his work ethic. I am looking for evidence that his work ethic at AU was poor.

wde

Did you read the whole article? There is no way you did, as you responded in about a minute.

He's a great football player, he has a chance to be phenomenal, but he didn't follow the rules," Ross Robinson said. "Class attendance, being late to meetings, it was (a) myriad of things.

"(Robinson was given) multiple, multiple chances. ... Every chance in the world."

"(Robinson) had a pretty good spring and things went better. He was giving them what they wanted. From what I understand, he was more fully engaged. Then obviously he had some issues this summer."

So there was things going on previously that the coach was privy too. The dismissal broke the camel's back.

7 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

want more evidence? here you go. There is no reason to lie about the kid. 

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article68924197.html

Archived