Projected 2017 Starting Lineup

thaitopher

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Or he could be #2 (or #2a) as his skill set is the closest to a direct replacement for Pettway. One more year of strength and conditioning might be all he needs to break out. Based on what I've been reading... Martin needs to get bigger before he's going to really compete with the rest of the roster.

KJ is such an all-around guy, he might continue to get a ton of reps other than those given to the "traditional" RB- wildcat, slot, etc. 

I'm wondering if Martin will find a role again. There were times this season- UGA, OU- that screamed for a spark, which is exactly the kind of guy I thought he would be. That he was used early on and not later concerns me. He's a guy who will play somewhere, and he really doesn't have to wait around for Gus to remember he's on the roster. 

Miller was probably on pace to get used just as much as or more than Martin before he got hurt. He would've factored in heavily against every team we played between Vandy and the bowl game, while Martin (and Truitt) didn't despite us being desperate for help. He'll be in the mix next year if he's healthy. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

KJ is such an all-around guy, he might continue to get a ton of reps other than those given to the "traditional" RB- wildcat, slot, etc. 

I'm wondering if Martin will find a role again. There were times this season- UGA, OU- that screamed for a spark, which is exactly the kind of guy I thought he would be. That he was used early on and not later concerns me. He's a guy who will play somewhere, and he really doesn't have to wait around for Gus to remember he's on the roster. 

Miller was probably on pace to get used just as much as or more than Martin before he got hurt. He would've factored in heavily against every team we played between Vandy and the bowl game, while Martin (and Truitt) didn't despite us being desperate for help. He'll be in the mix next year if he's healthy. 

Kam Martin adds some muscle and he will see more PT. MIller will give us another pound it type of back like KP and KJ healthy is a really good back many have forgotten how well he played before he hurt his ankle. Plus a couple of very solid freshmen so we should have great quality RB depth this year. Hopefully we find a way to rotate them to keep down injuries without stopping a player who is hot always a tough balancing act.  

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah. This doesn't make me feel smart. 

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Kam Martin adds some muscle and he will see more PT. MIller will give us another pound it type of back like KP and KJ healthy is a really good back many have forgotten how well he played before he hurt his ankle. Plus a couple of very solid freshmen so we should have great quality RB depth this year. Hopefully we find a way to rotate them to keep down injuries without stopping a player who is hot always a tough balancing act.  

I should've read the KM thread before bloviating. Agree about the new guys. Excited about Barrett if all goes well between now and fall camp. 

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You're responding that way because your a jerk.

Ehh, I can take being a jerk.  No logical individual would think he should be seeing more PT than his counterparts unless there is something going on underneath the scenes. Laughable to even suggest otherwise. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Ehh, I can take being a jerk.  No logical individual would think he should be seeing more PT than his counterparts unless there is something going on underneath the scenes. Laughable to even suggest otherwise. 

giphy.gif

His position coach is likely employing some logic, and is more informed than you. I'm not deciding playing time, but I see a guy who runs good routes, has good hands and hustles. Don't worry, I'm dealing with the fact that you're a know-it-all jerk.

37 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

His position coach is likely employing some logic, and is more informed than you. I'm not deciding playing time, but I see a guy who runs good routes, has good hands and hustles. Don't worry, I'm dealing with the fact that you're a know-it-all jerk.

The whole discussion is about playing time numbnuts. It doesn't take a whole lot of logic to play someone who is free of injury or are you saying he is more talented than the likes of NCM? 

I doubt Burns is making this decision. I imagine this was decided by the same individual, who thought it would be a good idea to run him on a wheel route.

You aren't dealing with it a very well, as you are still very emotional about it.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The whole discussion is about playing time numbnuts. It doesn't take a whole lot of logic to play someone who is free of injury or are you saying he is more talented than the likes of NCM? 

You aren't dealing with it a very well, as you are still very emotional about it.

You can't read if your asking that question. Get a tutor and get back with me.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You can't read if your asking that question. Get a tutor and get back with me.

Good deflection. Go run and get a fondue cake and cry yourself asleep to some pulaski academy highlight tapes. 

A very small majority (you) has voiced the opinion that Will Hastings should be receiving more PT, then some of our other prospect. I don't care how hard he hustles in practice. There are other variables at stake here. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good deflection. Go run and get a fondue cake and cry yourself asleep to some pulaski academy highlight tapes. 

I respect a good zinger, but even your put downs lack logic.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I respect a good zinger, but even your put downs lack logic.

Says the guy who uses the word zinger. Do you want to keep going? or shall we take it to the PMs? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Says the guy who uses the word zinger. Do you want to keep going? or shall we take it to the PMs? 

Zingers are ersatz Twinkies, right?

2 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Haha, what are they, like chocolate twinkies from the 70s or something? I don't know how I feel about that raspberry looking one.

Hostess-Zingers-Iced-Vanilla-Cake-with-C

51xedgCwT+L.jpg

41YoNCrTKqL.jpg

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

A very small majority (you) has voiced the opinion that Will Hastings should be receiving more PT, then some of our other prospect. I don't care how hard he hustles in practice. There are other variables at stake here. 

Link to me saying he should get MORE PT.

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

That ridged icing really is something. Don't get me started on the red ones with the coconut on the outside, though. Who do they think they're fooling?

Dag & McLoofus - 

I think the old Dolly Madison brand purposely copied the old Hostess Twinkie w./ the Zinger, and expanded available flavors. Both Hostess Company and Dolly Madison were folding at about the same time and somebody bought both the brands (out of bankruptcy, I think) and now calls themselves "Hostess Brands" .

ETA - Sorry if drifting OT (again)

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That ridged icing really is something. Don't get me started on the red ones with the coconut on the outside, though. Who do they think they're fooling?

I don't know, the red ones were always my favorite

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He can get open and catch the ball and block. Kinda what you want in a possession receiver.

This was your response to me questioning why someone like Will Hastings is getting more PT than the likes of an NCM.

Mind you, Hastings, overall played very little and that was even more than NCM. A blue chip caliber player.

To me, that sounds like you are essentially making the case that hastings does all of those things better than NCM or NCM is inconsistent with it, therefore Hastings sees the field more than an NCM.

This has been proved false, as someone posted an article stating that injuries have played a factor in NCM limited playing time. It is not so much about Will Hastings as it is much more about, why someone with as much talent as NCM is not seeing the field. You took offense to that. I really don't care why.

6 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Dag & McLoofus - 

I think the old Dolly Madison brand purposely copied the old Hostess Twinkie w./ the Zinger, and expanded available flavors. Both Hostess Company and Dolly Madison were folding at about the same time and somebody bought both the brands (out of bankruptcy, I think) and now calls themselves "Hostess Brands" .

Very interesting to say the least. I am going to call it.

Twinkies >>> Zingers

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Very interesting to say the least. I am going to call it.

Twinkies >>> Zingers

I always thought so too. Dolly never really mastered the cream filling.

Both, however, died under Foodie pressure

(Both had artificial preservatives making up their first 3-4 ingredients, and could stay on shelves forever).

This has to be the year the young stud WR's make an impact.  Stidham has to be allowed to open up the passing game and, crossing my fingers, won't be hamstrung by Malzahn's stubborn reliance on running on 1st and 2nd down, waiting on 3rd and long to put the QB in a tough position. 

We've got a decent JUCO TE to work with now, and we have to be able to use the RB's in the passing game on something other than the wheel route. Maybe Gus should take a page out of Lincoln Riley's game plan in the Sugar Bowl. Strike that.  May he take the entire book and memorize it.

11 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Dag & McLoofus - 

Huh. Had no idea. I hope that Blue Bird Bakeries and their Red Velvet Bingles can stay indie forever...

Don't you dare apologize.

11 minutes ago, Charhair said:

I don't know, the red ones were always my favorite

I suspect you aren't alone, as everybody here obviously knows about them. I'm just not a coconut guy- except for Girl Scout Samoas- and the red ones are so much different than the other products belonging to the Zinger genus. 

That all said, I think we'll see Ho-Hos and Ding Dongs starting at the tackle positions. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

This was your response to me questioning why someone like Will Hastings is getting more PT than the likes of an NCM.

Mind you, Hastings, overall played very little and that was even more than NCM. A blue chip caliber player.

To me, that sounds like you are essentially making the case that hastings does all of those things better than NCM or NCM is inconsistent with it, therefore Hastings sees the field more than an NCM.

This has been proved false, as someone posted an article stating that injuries have played a factor in NCM limited playing time. It is not so much about Will Hastings as it is much more about, why someone with as much talent as NCM is not seeing the field. You took offense to that. I really don't care why.

Wrong. I was responding to this:

On January 3, 2017 at 7:47 PM, DAG said:

Hastings has no business being out there. I for the life of me cannot understand how he is getting more PT than NCM

You made a blanket statement he had "no business being out there" in reference to the past season. This struck me as a harsh indictment of a kid who impressed the coach and his QB and earned a little playing time. There are reasons a guy with less talent saw the field over more gifted freshmen (and Jason Smith), apparently including injury. I strongly suspect those reasons will diminish with time and Hastings will see the field much less.

Frankly, I wondered why a guy like Kyle Davis wasn't a more frequent target than Marcus or Stevens. Maybe there's reasons not obvious to me from my couch, but as a fan it frustrated me every time they made a drop.

I think Hastings is great story who has exceeded all expectations, but if he plays more than a healthy NCM next season there's a problem. But regardless, he earned a little time this year and has my respect.

Just now, johnnyAU said:

This has to be the year the young stud WR's make an impact.  Stidham has to be allowed to open up the passing game and, crossing my fingers, won't be hamstrung by Malzahn's stubborn reliance on running on 1st and 2nd down, waiting on 3rd and long to put the QB in a tough position. 

We've got a decent JUCO TE to work with now, and we have to be able to use the RB's in the passing game on something other than the wheel route. Maybe Gus should take a page out of Lincoln Riley's game plan in the Sugar Bowl. Strike that.  May he take the entire book and memorize it.

6'6 TE who looks like he loves to go up for the ball. I truly hope he is utilized, especially on 3rd down and RZ opportunities.

Archived