Potential offensive changes coming

aubiefifty

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

player................. bash the other JJ all you want

War Eagle that!! A figurative PBR is raised in your direction.

wde

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Briles as QB coach Co-OC, that's the plan if when the extra assistant is passed... 

Please be true

Forgive my ignorance, but 

which Briles? (or has one been taken when I wasn't paying mind?)

If/When is the extra assistant suppose to be decided?  Do we know a timeframe?

Does anyone truly believe Gus will make a change???If you were a prominent OC or QB coach (outside of A. Briles) would you be willing to come and work for a coach who may only be looking at one more year before the pitchforks catch him? Just wondering the boards opinion....

6 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Does anyone truly believe Gus will make a change???If you were a prominent OC or QB coach (outside of A. Briles) would you be willing to come and work for a coach who may only be looking at one more year before the pitchforks catch him? Just wondering the boards opinion....

Debbie Downer:poke:

The only way Art will ever be back on the field in the next five years is if he is successful with his lawsuits to clear his name and that is probably at best a year away. Gus could take him as an off field OA, but even that would be hard to get done. Not saying that Gus would not love to do it but right now Art is toxic until he can clear himself. That said there is nothing wrong (since NS is getting away with it) in stockpiling coaches in OA and DA positions, for help now and to have people ready to fill in when you lose coaches like Crime Dog. I do agree that adding a 10th coach needs to definitely be a QB coach. Still the biggest problem is whether Gus will ever truly except and advise on offense. WDE

5 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Don't let Golf see this, he might start salivating, and begin talking about his and Jan Stephanson's love interest again.

3 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Briles as QB coach Co-OC, that's the plan if when the extra assistant is passed... 

I don't see any way McGynn approves this FWIW.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't see any way McGynn approves this FWIW.

Who says Rich will be around much...

56 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Depends on what you mean by change.  Is he going to give a new guy full control of the offense?  Highly unlikely.  Is he now open to the notion of different concepts and new ideas?  Depends on the concepts and ideas and the voice behind them.

And yes, I would be intrigued by the opportunity at Auburn University.  The salary could be a lot better for OC, but there are plenty of shiny new toys on the roster, and the challenge/prestige is among the greatest in college football.  Being an offensive coach at Auburn has become like the adage about living in New York City.  If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.  All things considered, I still believe we were the second best team in the conference and were two or three injuries away from being a much, much better version of the second best team, maybe even challenging for the top spot.

Regarding job security, if a guy is scared off by his own potential failure we probably don't want him anyway.  At the end of last season we were in worse shape than we are now, but that didn't scare off McGriff.  And there's an outside chance Freeze gets fired, but McGriff again made a jump for a better job.

WDE!

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but I truly do not understand the issue with hiring Art Briles as an OC. If we were trying to hire him as our head coach then I would understand. First of all, Art Briles did not rape those women. Now, if he knew about it and covered it up then he DESERVEDLY was fired. But what about the other grown men that knew about this? What about the other Baylor coach that knew his female player had been raped by a football player? Why is that Briles fault when the other coach was the one that should have reported it.

Art admitted to the board that he put a system in place that made him the last person to know when he should have been the first one to know. Guess what? He's not going to be the head coach or responsible for putting any systems in place. That's Gus Malzahn's job. We do not have a rape culture at Auburn, so what is the issue?

Saban convinced the media that Kiffen would be successful because he would take the microphones out of his face and allow him to just coach football. He's apparently convinced people that he's going to take alcohol and microphones away from Sarkisian so that he doesn't drop the "F" bomb in front of anymore children. Why can't our PR department sell that with Briles? Why can't we just let him coach football since NONE of his past history will have any bearing at Auburn?

6 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I like Rich.  

He's good at what he does but has gone needlessly overboard a few times.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry guys. i copied and pasted that article from another site. i do not subscribe to a pay site nor did i realize it was of premium content.

I am so tired of all of those premium sites. I was foolish enough to subscribe to one of those that I shall not name, and after a month or 2, I realized what a huge waste of money it was. This site is as every bit good, if not better than the pay sites. So much for my midnight rant. We are getting hammered with heavy snow at the hour. It looks like we will get around 9-12 inches when it all ends mid-morning.

who in the heck is Rich? I hear his name here and there, but do not have a clue who he is and what he does. I have been patient for a long time with Gus, and still do think he can coach if in the right situations. The days of prolonged stubbornness from Gus is getting less and less tolerant. Gus should be made to submit his offensive plays for each game to all of the mods on this board a week in advance of each game to let the mods fine tune it so that there is no way it cannot fail. Our coach who tells us what he saw each game should have the final say so for each game plan for each opponent!

Who knows, this could be the beginning of something that might work! I could see Saban crapping in his pants before riding off in the sunset on the back of a jackass if he was made to do this!

Gus can still coach if he has the right kind of mentoring from Art Briles. I am sure that the bammers would go just nuts if we did this. They might get Updyke out of mothballs and let him loose with a  can of roundup or 2!

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

who in the heck is Rich? I hear his name here and there, but do not have a clue who he is and what he does. I have been patient for a long time with Gus, and still do think he can coach if in the right situations. The days of prolonged stubbornness from Gus is getting less and less tolerant. Gus should be made to submit his offensive plays for each game to all of the mods on this board a week in advance of each game to let the mods fine tune it so that there is no way it cannot fail. Our coach who tells us what he saw each game should have the final say so for each game plan for each opponent!

Who knows, this could be the beginning of something that might work! I could see Saban crapping in his pants before riding off in the sunset on the back of a jackass if he was made to do this!

Gus can still coach if he has the right kind of mentoring from Art Briles. I am sure that the bammers would go just nuts if we did this. They might get Updyke out of mothballs and let him loose with a  can of roundup or 2!

Rich McGynn is the AU compliance director.

8 hours ago, kd4au said:

If I

that was some nasty beer, and I do not even drink beer!

Archived