Potential offensive changes coming

aubiefifty

If the NCAA allows teams to have 10 assist coaches starting with the 2017 season, I hope Gus will hires Art Briles to be Auburn's OC. That way Gus can keep Lashlee on as his QB coach.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If compliance pushed back against a potential Kendall Briles hiring they will laugh Gus out of the office when he approaches them saying he wants to hire Art Briles

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Kendal is much more than that snipit in his Baylor you cling to. He was also the passing game coordinator the 3 years before that so that's 5 years he had a massive impact on the output of Baylor's offense. And a better passing game schematically is something this team needs to balance out its running.

So what.....I'm saying that any coach who thinks he can only win if he has a particular assistant is a loser looking for an excuse.   JMO.  And meanwhile, what about the millions of dollars in coaching salaries for guys he has hired...who have not gotten him to the promised land. Muschamp was supposed to be the answer last year...and ? next.

Meanwhile we / you don't know what amount of input he had at Baylor....coach's son was the reason he had the job IMO....let's see what he does at FAU.  Meanwhile we need to win with RL or find one of the numerous OCs or up and coming offensive brains for the job and forget a guy who is not coming to AU. 

19 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Gus may have to try and hire Art as a consultant. I can't imagine he'd be allowed to hire him in any big time position, especially OC. 

I have to say I was very impressed with Lincoln Riley.  He definitely had more weapons to work with, but he had 'em prepared with a solid game plan and used the skill players effectively. 

Very balanced game plan against us

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile we / you don't know what amount of input he had at Baylor....coach's son was the reason he had the job IMO....let's see what he does at FAU. 

He had tremendous input. 

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He had tremendous input. 

Somebody said it on the internet, guess I'll pretend it was true. :-\

Why wasn't his tremendous input rewarded with a better job than a lateral position at FAU?

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If the NCAA allows teams to have 10 assist coaches starting with the 2017 season, I hope Gus will hires Art Briles to be Auburn's OC. That way Gus can keep Lashlee on as his QB coach.

In your scenario I would just let Lashlee coach TEs. Not sure even he could screw up the 6 plays a season we actually field the one TE on the team. Fountain then can just focus on special teams. 

56 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Somebody said it on the internet, guess I'll pretend it was true. :-\

Why wasn't his tremendous input rewarded with a better job than a lateral position at FAU?

Believe what you want.  I was able to see it first hand. What is your opinion formed from...your :moon:?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Believe what you want.  I was able to see it first hand. What is your opinion formed from...your :moon:?

So, yesterday you're talking about phallic objects and now you're showing your ass.

You're going to at least have to take me to diner first. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

LOL...I thought that was already established...

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

LOL...I thought that was already established...

You "thought." That was your first big mistake. Acting like an ass to a poster that doesn't bother you is another one. Given that you're 0-2, you might want to let a big boy bat for you.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So, yesterday you're talking about phallic objects and now you're showing your ass.

You're going to at least have to take me to diner first. 

Read again...before the :moon: is a pretty telling word that should help in your comprhension, it says, "your".  I know small words are difficult, but try to keep up.

smiling_bob_ep.jpg 

Just now, bigbird said:

Read again...before the :moon: is a pretty telling word that should help in your comprhension, it says, "your".  I know small words are difficult, but try to keep up.

And you keep trying to bring it up, is that the real issue? 

smiling_bob_ep.jpg 

Just like how I was "fixated" on the description not the direct object of your post yesterday, am I right? 

Im not sure about your Smiling Bob picture. Again, don't even want to know. Keep your pics and phallic objects to yourself.

You're the one that keeps talking about it.  I just think that is interesting...psychologically speaking.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're the one that keeps talking about it.  I just think that is interesting...psychologically speaking.

Careful bigbird you may get a threatening personal message from said person over the internet ?

You brought up an irrelevant banana as a phallic object. 

I'm merely letting a mod embarrass himself. 

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Jake Spavital remember the name

Used to be OC at TAMU and now is out west somewhere

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Careful bigbird you may get a threatening personal message from said person over the internet ?

Ah boohoo. Did you go crying to daddy?

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Cal OC/QB Dykes just got fired, ties to Gus and Herb

Beat me to it.... barely lol

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

On another note Sonny Dykes who many wanted as HC is now available ?

Hmm...

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Hmm...

what a great landing spot for gus this would be!!!! COME ON CAL! Hop on the gus bus.

Archived