Potential offensive changes coming

aubiefifty

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what a great landing spot for gus this would be!!!! COME ON CAL! Hop on the gus bus.

Prob Baylor bound

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Prob Baylor bound

even gus was smart enough to not take that death sentence of a job. That programs recruiting looks like what getting the death penalty resembles.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what a great landing spot for gus this would be!!!! COME ON CAL! Hop on the gus bus.

This late in the year, we would be screwed. However, it would be funny to watch the anti Gus fraction freak out over not having a coach or haveing will to promote CL. At least everyone would agree I guess.?

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Cal OC/QB Dykes just got fired, ties to Gus and Herb

Dang, I went to the QB topic 1st and put a comment there, then read the comments here. Day late and a $ short, I guess. 

Brides' ain't coming and for good reason. If you were in charge would you really consider hiring a coach associated with rape when not 4 months ago one of our players was dismissed for rape allegations? Really? Good luck dealing with that nightmare. We might have finished a little stronger had Gus not taken back play calling duties. Might.

If Gus was going to over rule them ,he should had just hired them and dealt with the fall out. If you are going to buck the system, Buck the system. 

If Gus wanted to hire someone and didn't because of influence outside the football staff, then he has no control over the program. 

I read the earlier post about everyone has a boss but there comes a time when you hired a man to do a job. If he's not doing it fire him and get someone else.

IMO Gus has made enough money at AU to make a decision and live with the fallout. If they fire him they pay a huge buyout. If he hits a home run well he hits a home run. 

1 hour ago, AU04ever said:

If Gus was going to over rule them ,he should had just hired them and dealt with the fall out. If you are going to buck the system, Buck the system. 

If Gus wanted to hire someone and didn't because of influence outside the football staff, then he has no control over the program. 

I read the earlier post about everyone has a boss but there comes a time when you hired a man to do a job. If he's not doing it fire him and get someone else.

IMO Gus has made enough money at AU to make a decision and live with the fallout. If they fire him they pay a huge buyout. If he hits a home run well he hits a home run. 

Yeah except Gus doesn't sign the checks. He can't just hire someone and say "Deal with it Jay." Cause then all JJ has to say is, "He ain't getting my money."

5 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Yeah except Gus doesn't sign the checks. He can't just hire someone and say "Deal with it Jay." Cause then all JJ has to say is, "He ain't getting my money."

Pretty sure JJ was not the one in the way. @bigbird or @WarDamnEagleWDE can correct me if I'm wrong.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:46 AM, aujeff11 said:

Or he'd get run off like our great swimming coach.

Wow. That might be the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this board, and considering the amount of blatantly ignorant statements I've read, that's pretty impressive.  That coach left to take one of the best jobs that could ever be available in that profession and one that likely wouldn't have opened back up for another 15-20 years. Unbelievable. 

23 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Wow. That might be the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this board, and considering the amount of blatantly ignorant statements I've read, that's pretty impressive.  That coach left to take one of the best jobs that could ever be available in that profession and one that likely wouldn't have opened back up for another 15-20 years. Unbelievable. 

JJ also did not do what he told Coach Marsh he would do to the S & D program and it was a major factor in Marsh leaving. I'm not sure if Marsh did get run off but at very least JJ made it a very easy choice for him to leave. Jeff's post is not even remotely close to being the most ignorant thing posted ever on the board or the last 2 days for that matter..

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

Acting so salty to me even though all I said was a statement that was generally well known.And then you end up being wrong. Why do you wanna go embarrass yourself like that?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

JJ also did not do what he told Coach Marsh he would do to the S & D program and it was a major factor in Marsh leaving. I'm not sure if Marsh did get run off but at very least JJ made it a very easy choice for him to leave. Jeff's post is not even remotely close to being the most ignorant thing posted ever on the board or the last 2 days for that matter..

Thanks you.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:17 AM, lala said:

Not over my program.  I guess Gus is not successful enoug, just maybe that is the AU issue!      What would happen if Nick or Urban was denied, no need to consider as it wouldn't happen.  That was part of Nck's deal before he ever signed is,  I am in Charge, and results speak for themselves

Yes over your program. Bruce Pearl was close to leaving because of actions by the same person. The guy with the authority to put a no-no on assistant coach hires and potential recruits is Chief Compliance Officer Rich McGlynn. Now, he's the one who is also responsible for our football program coming out squeaky clean during the Cam Newton investigation. So, take the bitter with the sweet.

14 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i read this and i threw up....hopefully, this is a joke

wait. very interesting comment though. He was at Tulsa a year that GM and Hand were both brought in to be OC/OL coach by then head coach Todd Grantham. He also has experience coaching in the SEC at TaM. 

But I'm wondering if he is just throwing this out there or there is some inside info...

18 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

wait. very interesting comment though. He was at Tulsa a year that GM and Hand were both brought in to be OC/OL coach by then head coach Todd Grantham. He also has experience coaching in the SEC at TaM. 

But I'm wondering if he is just throwing this out there or there is some inside info...

Just throwing it out there after Dykes got canned at Cal

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

even gus was smart enough to not take that death sentence of a job. That programs recruiting looks like what getting the death penalty resembles.

And the investigation of the administration of the school is just getting started. Baylor is in for a very rough several years that could decades to rebound from if everything that has gone on there comes out. 

4 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

JJ was a big reason for Dave leaving not the only reason but he was a big one. I would almost bet Dave would come back if JJ was not around.......I said almost

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Acting so salty to me even though all I said was a statement that was generally well known.And then you end up being wrong. Why do you wanna go embarrass yourself like that?

Ya know I really think TRYING to belittle others on a daily basis makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Were you skipped over for class president in H.S or something?

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Ya know I really think TRYING to belittle others on a daily basis makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Were you skipped over for class president in H.S or something?

If you read FE's unnecessary post to me, and then my response, you would see that my post was at least ten times less condescending than his. You have to be trolling rn.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

If you read FE's unnecessary post to me, and then my response, you would see that my post was at least ten times less condescending than his. You have to be trolling rn.

Sure you know the meaning of unnecessary posts? Just sayin

On January 6, 2017 at 4:35 PM, AUsince72 said:

I know right?  @ellitor and his "premium content".... pshaw...

Hey ellitor.  Here's some REAL Premium Content:

Image result for pbr can

I used to drink that horse pi** plus Country Club and Carling Black Label when I was a teenager and couldn't afford anything decent.  I can't imagine anyone drinking it today.  Have you guys fried your taste buds are something?  My lord!

Archived