Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

All I did was quote you? What have I twisted when it's all your words

I think he's saying that he thinks you went into his quoted post and changed the wording. Much like when somebody does a "FIFY".  Somebody did that in a game thread to me once and changed it to say things about Gus with no FIFY or anything so it appeared that I said it.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

All I did was twist your words

You only quoted the first half of a sentence of what I said.  Not what I said right after that would have said that is not what I thought at all, it was to make a point.  Case in point, notice what I did to your quote.  Did not add any words, only took away a few words and two letters.  So still your quote, but not in the context at all of what you said.  That is what you did.  Make sense?

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@lionheartkc you will find he will not change his mind no matter how many facts you throw his way.  Just look at our conversations over the past week or two.

No worries... @GwillMac6 and I have a good relationship.  We spar a lot, but we know where each other stands and it never gets personal or out of hand. At the end of the day, we're both Tigers who's passions for Auburn take different forms.

15 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Is Spavitol that good though? Why is he at Cal in the first place.

Because TAMU pushed him out because after he took over for Kliff Kingsbury their offense was hot garbage.  It had nothing to do with Cal being "up and coming" or "desirable".  TAMU fans were extremely happy to see him go.

BTW, Johnny Manziel won his Heisman being coached by Kingsbury, not Spavitol. 

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think he's saying that he thinks you went into his quoted post and changed the wording. Much like when somebody does a "FIFY".  Somebody did that in a game thread to me once and changed it to say things about Gus with no FIFY or anything so it appeared that I said it.

Since you understand what is going on, here is the original quote with what is bolded to reflect what he took to quote:

"You would also have to say Alabama is also a sinking ship then.  Both teams have good defenses and changing offensive coordinators.  Not agreeing with what I just said however, as I do not believe we are on a sinking ship.  All season everyone said if we get rid of Lashlee we will be amazing next year with a new OC.  Now that it is happening and some people got their wish, we can't now say "We are ruined!"  As of right now we still have Horton, Hand, and Burns still on staff so we aren't necessarily cleaning house.  I liked Lashlee and was a defender of him all year, but this could be the refresher we need to be a top contender."

Now with what @aujeff11 quoted, it makes it seem I think Alabama is a sinking ship and will suck from here on out.  But if you look at the whole quote (not edited, it's on page 15 of this thread), I said I do not agree with that right after.  That if you think Auburn is going down, technically you have to say the same about Alabama as they are also replacing their OC.  And the very last sentence I said that this could be a refresher.

54 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Is the AU football program a sinking ship? Boy, it sure seems like it, at times like this.

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

For whatever reason Cal is a perpetual "up and coming" program.  Sonny Dykes was hot commodity after LA Tech.  Cal sucks but it's still "desirable" for some reason.

I guess it's a Safe Space. :jossun:

Just wondering why he hasn't became a HC being a really good OC. Dykes had a good Offense as OC also.

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Because TAMU pushed him out because after he took over for Kliff Kingsbury their offense was hot garbage.  It had nothing to do with Cal being "up and coming" or "desirable".  TAMU fans were extremely happy to see him go.

Thank you, that's the answer I figured I would hear. 

37 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You would also have to say Alabama is also a sinking ship then.  (No you wouldn't. Bama isn't trending down in more ways than OC. We are or were trending down in recruiting, staff turnover, and on the football field. Three straight seasons of five losses after all. Bama is none of that. They are stilll number one in recruiting and are highly favored to win next year.  Both teams have good defenses and changing offensive coordinators.  Not agreeing with what I just said (umm okay. I see your point but again, Bama still isn't a great comparison.

however, as I do not believe we are on a sinking ship.  All season everyone said if we get rid of Lashlee we will be amazing next year with a new OC.  Now that it is happening and some people got their wish, we can't now say "We are ruined!"  As of right now we still have Horton, Hand, and Burns still on staff so we aren't necessarily cleaning house.  I liked Lashlee and was a defender of him all year, but this could be the refresher we need to be a top contender.

Here is what you said, ABW. My input is in bold and italicized. I cannot break down the post as well on my phone so this is my quickest way to attempt it. I figured out what you're talking bout though..I thought you meant I intentionally didn't catch your edit. Apologies. 

2 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Thank you, that's the answer I figured I would hear. 

This doesn't make me feel good if Spav is the guy

16 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

Do we really need an OC with a last name that sounds like an anti-depressant? Just sayin'

"Having a down day? Try Spavital"

Have you SEEN the posters here? I would think that a heavy dose of an antidepressant would work wonders. 

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Well he was the QB coach of both Geno and Johnny . And yes he got pushed out after being thrown into the fire of a crap show that Sumlin started but I digress.

But why don't you enlighten us on who would you want ? Someone logical too. Not Lincoln Riley. 

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

The offense in 2013 was not the problem with TAMU, The offensive stats for 2012 & 2013 were similar. Their defense was horrible. Can compare the two years here:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-am/2013.html

I swear, if some of you don't knock it off, so help me I am going to turn this forum around and take us right back to Lashlee and NOBODY is going to get any Spavital to make them feel better. 

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hate that KB was ruled out (rumor), but please, no to Eli

I didn't think Kodi Burns was all that qualified.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

This doesn't make me feel good if Spav is the guy

He's not good.  I'd rather have Lashlee.  

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well he was the QB coach of both Geno and Johnny . And yes he got pushed out after being thrown into the fire of a crap show that Sumlin started but I digress.

But why don't you enlighten us on who would you want ? Someone logical too. Not Lincoln Riley. 

He coached Smith under Dana Holgerson who is always heavily involved in his QB development so questionable who gets the real credit there.  He inherited Manziel from Kingsbury and TAMU's offense regressed when he took over.

He's hopefully learned under some stronger QB developers, but some are pumping him up as some offensive genius that would be a huge hire, which he hasn't shown at any of his stops.  He's more of a Scott Loeffler Part Deux. 

I would rather have Chip Lindsey than Spavitol any day.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

if you think sean is a point in his favor for developing HS QBS IDK what to tell you. sean is solid but nothing special and 8-4 is about the kind of season we can expect with him. we need a dynamic qb to run gus offense. Mainly because gus cannot run a pass first offense in the sec to save his life. He has to have a elite DT qb for it to work like it did in 13,14 and 2010.  It absolutely is a bash gus post. He is the reason were in this mess because HIS SIDE of the ball can't get their @#$% together.  why are you still in gus corner?! what has he done the last 3 years with 3 straight seasons of 5 or more losses to earn your loyalty to stump for him?

SW has two years of eligibility remaining.  It remains to be seen whether or not he can become an elite college QB.  Aside from JJ, who has he failed to develop?  As a comparison, who has Lane Kiffin recruited and developed into an elite QB?  He's way more strike outs than home runs.  Matter of fact, I can't think of any QBs he recruited and developed at USC, UT or uat.

Head coaches are allowed (supposed) to delegate responsibilities.  So even if the buck stops with him, something that goes wrong isn't necessarily his fault.  It wasn't his fault we missed on Jonah Williams, but he rightly gets a demerit because it happened on his watch.

People don't have to be in CGM's corner to challenge the criteria by which he's being judged.  Most of us are fine with a just crucifixion.

WDE!

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Here is what you said, ABW. My input is in bold and italicized. I cannot break down the post as well on my phone so this is my quickest way to attempt it. I figured out what you're talking bout though..I thought you meant I intentionally didn't catch your edit. Apologies. 

No worries.  That is all I asked for.  Thank you for the clarification with my full quote.  

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

And like I said he may have just been a casualty of the yearly Sumlin collapse. We honestly don't know if Sumlin or Spav was the issue then.

Wonder if Sonny Dykes is in play?  He just got canned at Cal.  Auburn would be a good place to land another top tier job.

Archived