Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Might be true. But Marcrello isn't the one I'd listen to. 

true, I know it was being re-approached earlier this morning

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Might be true. But Marcrello isn't the one I'd listen to. 

Agree. When it comes to anyone we have hired he's not exactly a good source for the headsup IMO. 

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

And Cam may have known hence the comment to Mullens wife "the money was just to much"... meaning the money offer was why he couldn't go to State... 

That statement is totally out of context.  Everybody ass.u.mes that he was talking about the money offered to attend Auburn.  Could it be he was talking about the money it would take for the family to travel that extra distance to Starkville to attend the games and be close to his home?  Not saying it was, just presenting an alternate meaning.  It appears the NCAA didn't buy what Mullens wife was selling.  Boy, that was "the best of times and the worst of times".

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That statement is totally out of context.  Everybody ass.u.mes that he was talking about the money offered to attend Auburn.  Could it be he was talking about the money it would take for the family to travel that extra distance to Starkville to attend the games and be close to his home?  Not saying it was, just presenting an alternate meaning.  It appears the NCAA didn't buy what Mullens wife was selling.  Boy, that was "the best of times and the worst of times".

We had a hotshot OC back then lol

oh no! I just saw a bio on DRinkwitz. He is a disciple of Malzahn...that would be a too easy transition. 

But worst of all..he wears a visor TOO! Do we want a mirror of Malzahn running the offense? 

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

oh no! I just saw a bio on DRinkwitz. He is a disciple of Malzahn...that would be a too easy transition. 

But worst of all..he wears a visor TOO! Do we want a mirror of Malzahn running the offense? 

His play calling is also much like what we are experiencing now. NC state threads look much like our game threads. If he hires Drinkwitz it's going to be another long roller coaster season.

2 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Is the AU football program a sinking ship? Boy, it sure seems like it, at times like this.

You would also have to say Alabama is also a sinking ship then.  Both teams have good defenses and changing offensive coordinators.  Not agreeing with what I just said however, as I do not believe we are on a sinking ship.  All season everyone said if we get rid of Lashlee we will be amazing next year with a new OC.  Now that it is happening and some people got their wish, we can't now say "We are ruined!"  As of right now we still have Horton, Hand, and Burns still on staff so we aren't necessarily cleaning house.  I liked Lashlee and was a defender of him all year, but this could be the refresher we need to be a top contender.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We had a hotshot OC back then lol

You're right, I wonder what happened to him?

Just now, auburnphan said:

Offer Lincoln Riley $1 million to come in, please

Would be a fool to leave OU at the moment .

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Based on my experience..

#1: Take anything Brandon Marcello says with a grain of salt.

#2: Take anything Gus says publicly with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Offer Lincoln Riley $1 million to come in, please

I kinda of agree. If your going to pay your DC over a million, unless you are bringing in a young OC again like Lashlee, then more experienced candidates are going to be asking for somewhere close to that same salary...

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Do you want to say piss one more time? I know you do..,

Nope. It was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Well that's a stretch in every way possible.

Team within 1 second of winning the national championship game is essentially the titanic . Didn't you know ?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Team within 1 second of winning the national championship game is essentially the titanic . Didn't you know ?

Replace that with 13 seconds and it describes us 4 years ago.

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It would be like a Mini-Me!

15 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Is the AU football program a sinking ship? Boy, it sure seems like it, at times like this.

Feels like we're finally making some necessary changes...this is a happy day...will be even happier if the candidate is qualified.

1 minute ago, EagleEye said:

Replace that with 13 seconds and it describes us 4 years ago.

Ahh bad memories 

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Feels like we're finally making some necessary changes...this is a happy day...will be even happier if the candidate is qualified.

Watch it be that high school coach from Pulaski Academy, Arkansas who does not believe in punting.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for editing out what I said right after that to twist what I said.  So you are stretching the truth in what I said to make a post.  Right after that I said I do not agree with what I just said.  I was making a point of a new OC does not mean we are on a sinking ship.  That a new OC at Alabama does not have people thinking they are done for.  These things happen, and can happen for the better.

Alabama has had 5 OC in 10 years now...so it seems that it is not a serious problem depending who you bring in...The main keys is to always have a great defense and top recruiting at the QB position. 

Our problem is inconsistent recruiting and development of a QB and some years when we didnt have a very strong D to cover up our offensive weaknesses. 

Archived