Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

We need an unlike or disapprove button on here as well.  The dang pissing matches on every thread is fricking unbearable.  

I could not agree more with this post. I am relatively new to this forum given that I have just recently discovered it and I do not post much because of this. Upon finding these forums I was extremely excited to discuss AU football with individuals who are as consumed or devoted to AU football as I am but after ciphering through the different forums I realize this is not the case. I get so excited when I see an ample amount of new replies on different forums only for that excitement to be diminished by constant arguments that usually have nothing to do with the actual forum topic. Maybe I just came in with the wrong impression. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone name and Offensive Cordinator at any school who has had a run of success beyond a few seasons. Seems that these guys get hooked up with a hot quarterback and look great and when that guy is gone the offense looks pretty much like everyone else's. Seems downright foolish trying to identify an OC based on what he did the past year or two . 

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I didn't think Kodi Burns was all that qualified.

Briles just in case you were not joking.

1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

Kingsbury is a failing coach to attribute anything to him is a stretch. 

As a head coach.  As an OC he was well regarded.  Some coaches just don't translate to good HCs.  Take Kiffin for example.  

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He's not good.  I'd rather have Lashlee.  

He coached Smith under Dana Holgerson who is always heavily involved in his QB development so questionable who gets the real credit there.  He inherited Manziel from Kingsbury and TAMU's offense regressed when he took over.

He's hopefully learned under some stronger QB developers, but some are pumping him up as some offensive genius that would be a huge hire, which he hasn't shown at any of his stops.  He's more of a Scott Loeffler Part Deux. 

I would rather have Chip Lindsey than Spavitol any day.

Chip Lindsey has very limited experience at the collegiate level which the administration already said would be a factor. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I could not agree more with this post. I am relatively new to this forum given that I have just recently discovered it and I do not post much because of this. Upon finding these forums I was extremely excited to discuss AU football with individuals who are as consumed or devoted to AU football as I am but after ciphering through the different forums I realize this is not the case. I get so excited when I see an ample amount of new replies on different forums only for that excitement to be diminished by constant arguments that usually have nothing to do with the actual forum topic. Maybe I just came in with the wrong impression. 

Isn't that all forums??  Besides, there is a lot of good information here. 

http://www.coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

This site is also putting the skids on both Briles:

Auburn: Art Briles won’t be considered for the Auburn offensive coordinator job, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy, who adds that the job is wide open, and the new coordinator will run the offense. 247Sports reports Kendal Briles also won't be in the mix.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Chip Lindsey has very limited experience at the collegiate level which the administration already said would be a factor. 

Of course, they could just be trying to be tactful instead of saying that they are banning anyone who is connected with Baylor.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Of course, they could just be trying to be tactful instead of saying that they are banning anyone who is connected with Baylor.

If they hired chip that would be anything but tactful as it would be a huge contradiction. 

4 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

Isn't that all forums??  Besides, there is a lot of good information here. 

Totally agree that there is tons of useful information on these forums which is exactly why I continue to check them. I have no problem with constructive conversation between individuals but there's a difference between that and arguing about stuff that doesn't even pertain to the topic. I very much enjoy reading the conversations on these forums but arguments that trail off the forum topic and span for two pages gets old. 

Just now, DAG said:

If they hired chip that would be anything but tactful as it would be a huge contradiction. 

Agreed... but at least they couldn't be quoted as saying something akin to "as far as we are concerned, the whole Briles family are a pariah." If they hire Chip, just expect a lot of spin and BS about how his past experience makes up for his lack of time at OC.

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Totally agree that there is tons of useful information on these forums which is exactly why I continue to check them. I have no problem with constructive conversation between individuals but there's a difference between that and arguing about stuff that doesn't even pertain to the topic. I very much enjoy reading the conversations on these forums but arguments that trail off the forum topic and span for two pages gets old. 

There's a trick to dealing with that. Hover over anyone's name and you get the option to ignore them. You will find that most of the derailments come from a small handful of posters, so putting them on ignore cleans up the threads significantly.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Agreed... but at least they couldn't be quoted as saying something akin to "as far as we are concerned, the whole Briles family are a pariah." If they hire Chip, just expect a lot of spin and BS about how his past experience makes up for his lack of time at OC.

Of course I am attributing this to AU when an insider off twitter is saying this. Could be this is not the case at all.

The head coach at Bob Jones high school tweeted 13 hrs ago that Chip Lindsey is the new OC for us. Any reason this guy would have inside info to be believed? 

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And like I said he may have just been a casualty of the yearly Sumlin collapse. We honestly don't know if Sumlin or Spav was the issue then.

Sounds familiar. Which is why i'll take Lindsey over Spav. 

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He's not good.  I'd rather have Lashlee.  

He coached Smith under Dana Holgerson who is always heavily involved in his QB development so questionable who gets the real credit there.  He inherited Manziel from Kingsbury and TAMU's offense regressed when he took over.

He's hopefully learned under some stronger QB developers, but some are pumping him up as some offensive genius that would be a huge hire, which he hasn't shown at any of his stops.  He's more of a Scott Loeffler Part Deux. 

I would rather have Chip Lindsey than Spavitol any day.

Cal averaged 500+ yards and 37 points per game. Both are better numbers (yardage is better by 100+ yards per game) in the same conference as Lindsey.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

There's a trick to dealing with that. Hover over anyone's name and you get the option to ignore them. You will find that most of the derailments come from a small handful of posters, so putting them on ignore cleans up the threads significantly.

Ahh thank you very much. I haven't learned to navigate this website very well just yet so I did not know this was an option. I will be doing this from here on. 

5 minutes ago, KMR4AU said:

The head coach at Bob Jones high school tweeted 13 hrs ago that Chip Lindsey is the new OC for us. Any reason this guy would have inside info to be believed? 

I don't think he actually knows anything, I know him.  Chip Lindsey went to BJHS.  Think this is just wishful thinking on Kevin's part.

Kevin wouldn't have crossed paths with Lindsey as he didn't come to BJHS until 2008 and Lindsey graduated in 92.

5 minutes ago, KMR4AU said:

If it were the HC at Bill Smith HS it would hold more water.;)

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

You might want to look at the stats I posted before coming to that conclusion.

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Well they were in the same conference last year. Let's compare and see

16 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

As a head coach.  As an OC he was well regarded.  Some coaches just don't translate to good HCs.  Take Kiffin for example.  

Just Kiffin. Know one closer to home that fits that bill also. 

Archived