Hey Conservatives! Feel free to defend the Constitution

AUUSN

5 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Didn't he call FAKE MEDIA the enemy of the people ?  Kinda like what Thomas Jefferson said as well ?

Fix yer own sammich. 

But he obviously considers any major news organization that posts a negative story about him to be "fake media".

So  that's a weaseling quibble.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But he obviously considers any major news organization that posts a negative story about him to be "fake media".

So  that's a weaseling quibble.

He named 5 specific news organizations. He never said "any". Stop bleeping saying he or anyone else that you disagree with is "weaseling". It is not bleepin  weaseling. He is explaining explicitly what he means. 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

He named 5 specific news organizations. He never said "any". Stop bleeping saying he or anyone else that you disagree with is "weaseling". It is not bleepin  weaseling. He is explaining explicitly what he means. 

Correct.  Five major news organizations.  One might even call them the "main street media".

Trying to rationalize this is as being selective is clearly weaseling.

And that's even before considering who's doing it - the master weasel of the forum.

You're such a brainless tool. These organizations he specifically named are the sources of "fake" news. That is why their ratings are  failing. 

17 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

You're such a brainless tool. These organizations he specifically named are the sources of "fake" news. That is why their ratings are  failing. 

What fake news?

It is sometimes fun to banter back and forth on this forum, but all fun disappears when people just COMPLETELY MAKE STUFF UP. If you think that "FAKE NEWs media" = "the press" and if you really think that Trump was trying to suppress the freedom of the press in his tweet then you are just not very smart or not very honest. The same thing goes with "Trump says Mexicans are rapists." When people cannot be honest with themselves or others enough to read the words that Trump or anyone else says and then comprehend what those words mean, then it is impossible to have meaningful dialogue.

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

It is sometimes fun to banter back and forth on this forum, but all fun disappears when people just COMPLETELY MAKE STUFF UP. If you think that "FAKE NEWs media" = "the press" and if you really think that Trump was trying to suppress the freedom of the press in his tweet then you are just not very smart or not very honest. The same thing goes with "Trump says Mexicans are rapists." When people cannot be honest with themselves or others enough to read the words that Trump or anyone else says and then comprehend what those words mean, then it is impossible to have meaningful dialogue.

What fake news?

There is no such thing as the "fake news media".  You are the one believing in a myth by implying that is an accurate charge and he was being selective.

The operative words are "media" and "enemy of the people".   That's his message.  You are trying to bend over backwards rationalizing why it's not.

As for being selective, it's bad enough he said "fake media" and listed 5 major organizations as examples.  

Bottom line, this argument he was being 'selectively accurate' is complete BS. No one can even supply a specific example that proves that premise.    

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

What fake news?

There is no such thing as the "fake news media".  You are the one believing in a myth by implying that is an accurate charge and he was being selective.

The operative words are "media" and "enemy of the people".   That's his message.  You are trying to bend over backwards rationalizing why it's not.

As for being selective, it's bad enough he said "fake media" and listed 5 major organizations as examples.  

Bottom line, this argument he was being 'selectively accurate' is complete BS. No one can even supply a specific example that proves that premise.    

How hard is it for Conservatives to say he chose his words poorly and defend the constitution? Instead we have seven pages of mental gymnastics.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

What fake news?

If the media reports that Trump tweeted that the press is an enemy of the people then it is an intentional lie or is gross incompetence. It is my opinion that whichever reason for such a report, fake news is an appropriate description.

homer, do you think that Trump is trying to suppress the freedom of the press and impede the U.S Constitution?

46 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

How hard is it for Conservatives to say he chose his words poorly and defend the constitution? Instead we have seven pages of mental gymnastics.

I realize that you are pretending to misunderstand, but here you go: I think that Trump chose his words poorly. But guess what, even his poor choice of words didn't say that "the press is an enemy of the people." You guys could bash Trump with the truth, but you choose to bash him with lies instead. It seriously makes no sense to me.

49 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I realize that you are pretending to misunderstand, but here you go: I think that Trump chose his words poorly. But guess what, even his poor choice of words didn't say that "the press is an enemy of the people." You guys could bash Trump with the truth, but you choose to bash him with lies instead. It seriously makes no sense to me.

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!3:48 PM · Feb 17, 2017

53 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Don't believe the main stream (fake news) media.The White House is running VERY WELL. I inherited a MESS and am in the process of fixing it.7:31 AM · Feb 18, 2017

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

If the media reports that Trump tweeted that the press is an enemy of the people then it is an intentional lie or is gross incompetence. It is my opinion that whichever reason for such a report, fake news is an appropriate description.

homer, do you think that Trump is trying to suppress the freedom of the press and impede the U.S Constitution?

Good grief.

They are quoting his tweet. I quoted it earlier.  

What exactly is your issue? 

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Great contribution to the discussion.  :-\  

Seriously , homie. Stamp your feet and scream and yell at the top of your lungs.  SAYING there's no such thing as 'fake media ' just might make it true ! :roflol: 

13 hours ago, AUUSN said:

? ? ? 

So you don't have an answer...that is what I expected....because your whole proposition is sophomoric.  You can disagree with his proposition all you want; but to make constitution threatening claims from someone exercising their constitutional rights is asinine...it no more threatens the constitution than when Obama and Hillary alternately called Republicans terrorists...or in Hillary's case she threw in the icing on the cake "my greatest enemy"....Free speech is just that...even when it's spoken by someone the left doesn't like and about the lefts a**hole buddies "the venerable press".... you'd fit in great on a college campus these days USN....you could be the thought police...

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I bet you think the white house is "running like a well-oiled machine" too. :laugh:

Running far better than it use to, that's for sure. Might take some time to rid the gears of the grime and dirt which has built up , over the last 8 years. 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

Running far better than it use to, that's for sure. Might take some time to rid the gears of the grime and dirt which has built up , over the last 8 years. 

Even if one was to state that the White House is now doing more what they desire that it used to, the Trump administration is NOT running better. Flynn' dismisal is evident of that

2 minutes ago, AUjcsbija said:

Even if one was to state that the White House is now doing more what they desire that it used to, the Trump administration is NOT running better. Flynn' dismisal is evident of that

Not really. Nothing he did was illegal. He just then tried to keep it from the VP, which was a bad choice.  And Trump got a better pick from it, so ... win-win. 

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Not really. Nothing he did was illegal. He just then tried to keep it from the VP, which was a bad choice.  And Trump got a better pick from it, so ... win-win. 

I'm with you - a way better pick. A pick bred from dysfunction though. Don't get me wrong; I'm not particularly rooting for dysfunction, but it's there.

Technically, what Flynn did was illegal, but it didn't break a law that had ever been used to convict anyone (the Logan Act of the late 18th century).

One could also make a strong case that the initial rollout of the 7-country temporary ban was rolled out awfully, leading to its demise in court. The Trump administration is to blame for that one too, as they pushed it through without vetting it.

1 hour ago, AUjcsbija said:

Technically, what Flynn did was illegal, but it didn't break a law that had ever been used to convict anyone (the Logan Act of the late 18th century).

Only, it wasn't. The FBI  found Flynn did nothing wrong. 

Archived