Vice President Pence’s “never dine alone with a woman” rule isn’t honorable. It’s probably illegal.

Auburn85

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Comments 12 years ago Tex and he apologized for it. I don't think he apologized to Rosie for calling her a slob and pig. Do not blame him either.

His apology was about as insincere as O'Reilly's was. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

How cute! Some Republican was able to create a false equivalency meme. If Mike Pence was so concerned about protecting his marriage he probably wouldn't associate with Trump, a man who has no respect for marriage or women. Liberal logic calls him a hypocrite, not a misogynist. 

16 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

And the dozens of sexual assault lawsuits filed against him. 

any settlements, convictions? probably a tempting thing do. file one against him myself if i thought a new boat would come out of it.

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

any settlements, convictions? probably a tempting thing do. file one against him myself if i thought a new boat would come out of it.

Fascinating.

51 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You ignore his own admission.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not yet. Just because there isn't a conviction doesn't mean there aren't victims. And it's attitudes like your s***ty "new boat would come out of it" that are a huge part of the problem. Can you even imagine the courage it takes for a woman to come forward about a sexual assault knowing that a "blame the victim" mindset exists? Or knowing that you might be branded a liar who is out for money? Can you imagine the fear that a victim has to live with after the assault? Bill Cosby's case has taught us that we need to pay more attention to the victims and not dismiss them as money hungry. 

39 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Can you even imagine the courage it takes for a woman to come forward about a sexual assault knowing that a "blame the victim" mindset exists? Or knowing that you might be branded a liar who is out for money? Can you imagine the fear that a victim has to live with after the assault? Bill Cosby's case as taught us that we need to pay more attention to the victims and not dismiss them as money hungry. 

No I can't. I wish no one had to experience that horror. 

Well stated Elle.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No I can't. I wish no one had to experience that horror. 

Well stated Elle.

Duke Lacrosse says " hi ! " 

4 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Not yet. Just because there isn't a conviction doesn't mean there aren't victims. And it's attitudes like your s***ty "new boat would come out of it" that are a huge part of the problem. Can you even imagine the courage it takes for a woman to come forward about a sexual assault knowing that a "blame the victim" mindset exists? Or knowing that you might be branded a liar who is out for money? Can you imagine the fear that a victim has to live with after the assault? Bill Cosby's case has taught us that we need to pay more attention to the victims and not dismiss them as money hungry. 

Good stuff Elle. I did not realize so many Trump victims have been scarred forever.Will donate my s***ty boat to one when all comes out. I can afford my own boats.

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good stuff Elle. I did not realize so many Trump victims have been scarred forever.Will donate my s***ty boat to one when all comes out. I can afford my own boats.

It's your attitude that's s***ty. You're fortunate to be a man, never having to worry about being sexually assaulted or raped. You've never been told to dress a certain way to avoid unwanted advances or not drink too much so you don't fall victim to a sexual predator. You've never had to worry about walking to your car at night alone or worry about that man that suddenly stepped into the elevator with you. Trump has openly bragged about sexual assault, has a line of victims who say he did exactly what he boasted about, has shown little regard for women saying "treat Em like s***" and has been accused of rape at least three times. So if you want to continue to defend his behavior that says a whole hell of a lot about your character or lack there of. 

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

It's your attitude that's s***ty. You're fortunate to be a man, never having to worry about being sexually assaulted or raped. You've never been told to dress a certain way to avoid unwanted advances or not drink too much so you don't fall victim to a sexual predator. You've never had to worry about walking to your car at night alone or worry about that man that suddenly stepped into the elevator with you. Trump has openly bragged about sexual assault, has a line of victims who say he did exactly what he boasted about, has shown little regard for women saying "treat Em like s***" and has been accused of rape at least three times. So if you want to continue to defend his behavior that says a whole hell of a lot about your character or lack there of. 

He's just another enabler.

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You're better than this.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Fwiw, as little as I care for or respect him, if Trump resigned and Pence became President today, I'd breathe a sigh of relief.

I think many people would have preferred the removal of both Trump and Clinton from the ballot, and simply cast votes for Pence or Kaine instead.

8 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I agree completely with your post, but in the context of this thread it seems that you are being sexist. There are MANY reasons why you are fortunate to be a woman. You take action to prevent some of the potential downfalls of being a woman and you are being smart. Men like Mike Pence take action to prevent some of the potential downfalls of being a man and he is a sexist POS. It seems inconsistent to me.

26 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I agree completely with your post, but in the context of this thread it seems that you are being sexist. There are MANY reasons why you are fortunate to be a woman. You take action to prevent some of the potential downfalls of being a woman and you are being smart. Men like Mike Pence take action to prevent some of the potential downfalls of being a man and he is a sexist POS. It seems inconsistent to me.

You may want to reread what I said because clearly you aren't comprehending and you may need to look up the definition of the word sexist. By merely pointing out fears that women are taught to have and live with being interpretted as sexist just indicates a willingness to insult rather than understand, which seems to be rather common with the right wingers. As for the subject of this thread,  I don't think Pence's moral marriage code holds much water since he chose to be Trump's running mate. It's like saying cult leaders are dangerous then being business partners with Charles Manson. And just for added clarity it's Trump that's the sexist POS. Pence is a hypocrite. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

You may want to reread what I said because clearly you aren't comprehending and you may need to look up the definition of the word sexist. By merely pointing out fears that women are taught to have and live with being interpretted as sexist just indicates a willingness to insult rather than understand, which seems to be rather common with the right wingers. As for the subject of this thread,  I don't think Pence's moral marriage code holds much water since he chose to be Trump's running mate. It's like saying cult leaders are dangerous then being business partners with Charles Manson. And just for added clarity it's Trump that's the sexist POS. Pence is a hypocrite. 

In this thread, Mike Pence has been called sexist. Why was he called sexist? To use YOUR words, Pence has "fears that men are taught to have and live with". He claimed 15 years ago to have in place a means to minimize his fears and he is being criticized for it. Pence is not the only hypocrite, is he?

16 minutes ago, Grumps said:

In this thread, Mike Pence has been called sexist. Why was he called sexist? To use YOUR words, Pence has "fears that men are taught to have and live with". He claimed 15 years ago to have in place a means to minimize his fears and he is being criticized for it. Pence is not the only hypocrite, is he?

Your lack of comprehension is astounding. Please point out where I called Pence a sexist. I won't hold my breath because it isn't there. Also never mentioned any fears that men are taught to have and live with, that was in reference to women. So now Pence is afraid of women? That has to be one of the most ludacrious things I've heard on this board in addition to you calling me a sexist hypocrite. Keep the insults coming. They don't hurt me and they expose your lack of comprehension and the inability to defend a man who has a moral code to protect his marriage then associates with a man with zero moral codes. 

4 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Your lack of comprehension is astounding. Please point out where I called Pence a sexist. I won't hold my breath because it isn't there. Also never mentioned any fears that men are taught to have and live with, that was in reference to women. So now Pence is afraid of women? That has to be one of the most ludacrious things I've heard on this board in addition to you calling me a sexist hypocrite. Keep the insults coming. They don't hurt me and they expose your lack of comprehension and the inability to defend a man who has a moral code to protect his marriage then associates with a man with zero moral codes. 

I apologize for not making it clear to you that you didn't call Pence a sexist. I typed "In this thread, Pence has been called a sexist." In NO WAY did I mean to imply that YOU called him that. If I had meant that then I would have typed "you called Pence a sexist." I also apologize for not being able to adequately explain my point that men have fears that they have to live with as well, and that Pence's comments seemed to me to be a way for him to deal with it. I guess it is easier to assume that people like you are the only ones who have problems to overcome. I never said that Pence was afraid of women. You know that I never called you a sexist hypocrite, but feel free to assume the role of victim whenever it helps your cause.

You keep trying to make this thread about Trump. We agree that he is disgusting, but everything is not all about him.

Archived