Vice President Pence’s “never dine alone with a woman” rule isn’t honorable. It’s probably illegal.

Auburn85

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, GiveEmElle said:

In a way, yes. He has this moral code but by choosing to work with a man who has no moral code he has set himself up to potentially be put in situations that his own code is designed to protect him from. 

Or, Pence may be a good example to Trump or make him rethink his ways.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, homersapien said:

bull**** right back atcha!  

From the article I just linked (emphasis mine):

.....The rule, famously articulated by the evangelical minister Billy Graham, is basically a guideline that says men and women should not meet alone, whether in offices, or cars, or other places in order to avoid illicit temptations or appearances of impropriety. It’s been adopted by other evangelical pastors and leaders (a history of its origin is here): The late founder of the evangelical university where I work was known for saying that he’d pass by a female member of his church walking in the rain if he were alone in his car to avoid the appearance of impropriety.......

....While I have tremendous respect for men who place their marriages before their work, such a rule befits the world of Mad Men more than the modern-day work world where women are to be treated as equals. But even more importantly, good character is even more trustworthy than the most well-intentioned rules.

Virtue ethics is better than the Billy Graham rule.

Virtue ethics relies on moral character that is developed through good habits rather than rules or consequences for the governing of behavior. Aristotle defined virtue as the mean between two extremes, one of excess and one of deficiency. It is a habit of moral character, which, because it is a habit, becomes a kind of second nature. As Aristotle explained, it does not depend upon rules.

To openly rely on such a rule is an admission one lacks the character to even trust himself.  

I don't vote on a set of rules, especially if those rules denigrate women.  I vote on the character of the candidate.

And this has nothing to do with religion, so don't use that as an excuse.

What was it about HC character that caused you to vote for her? Just asking the question.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

True.

You'll just have to project yourself and accept that what I have personally experienced informs my opinion of religion.

curious Homer. What is your definition of religion?

31 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Or, Pence may be a good example to Trump or make him rethink his ways.

Yeah, that's usually NOT how it goes. That's why Pence's bible says not to be unequally yoked and not to be a companion of fools. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

So do you let women cut your hair? Boobs rubbing the back of your head,cleavage in your face? 

^^^^^^ Dirty old man. hell Alex, all of your hair growing out of your nose and ears. ^-^

42 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

What was it about HC character that caused you to vote for her? Just asking the question.

That her she tolerated a husband that smoked "Lewinsky Cigars"? great woman, strong values,.........

33 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Yeah, that's usually NOT how it goes. That's why Pence's bible says not to be unequally yoked and not to be a companion of fools. 

Be in the world, but not of the world. 

8 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Be in the world, but not of the world. 

And yet Pence chose to be the VP for a morally bankrupt man. Hence the reason his "no dining with women" code doesn't impress me. 

9 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

And yet Pence chose to be the VP for a morally bankrupt man. Hence the reason his "no dining with women" code doesn't impress me. 

And when Trump said he moved on a married woman like a bi..., Pence couldn't be bothered to condemn Trump. Power is just way more important.

1 minute ago, AUUSN said:

And when Trump said he moved on a married woman like a bi..., Pence couldn't be bothered to condemn Trump. Power is just way more important.

Exactly. And let's not forget that it was Paul Manafort who got Pence into the VP slot. 

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Well then drink up, brother!

Two is typically the limit. Moderation is key. No dat. 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Kegs

LOL :beer2:

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

I'm surprised we made it this far before HRC was mentioned.  But if we must compare morals, Trump comes up just as short as his popular vote count.

you should not judge Elle.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

No you are not. you are judging President Trumps morals

Based on his own words...

Archived