Chick-fil-A is still bankrolling anti-LGBTQ causes

Auburn85

47 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

To love them the way they are. 

48 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

To love them the way they are. 

Agree with you that Christians should love them as individuals, but not their lifestyle, nor condone it,

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Agree with you that Christians should love them as individuals, but not their lifestyle, nor condone it,

Condemnation doesn't really work. 

13 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Condemnation doesn't really work. 

Supporting their lifestyle doesn't do them any good either. God does the condemning, not man.

5 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Supporting their lifestyle doesn't do them any good either. God does the condemning, not man.

Then just leave it at that.

My kids love chickfila. I am not a big fan of the food myself but the service they provide is equaled by no other restaurant chain or local. Even if the line is long they serve you quickly and correctly and courteously every time. For this they have earned my business. As long as they don't support isis or buy poultry from China, I don't care what their religious views are. I did get aggravated at all the morons who packed the place out a few years ago when they all got their short- lived hard on for Christian hate after Cathy made his comments on gay marriage. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

My kids love chickfila. I am not a big fan of the food myself but the service they provide is equaled by no other restaurant chain or local. Even if the line is long they serve you quickly and correctly and courteously every time. For this they have earned my business. As long as they don't support isis or buy poultry from China, I don't care what their religious views are. I did get aggravated at all the morons who packed the place out a few years ago when they all got their short- lived hard on for Christian hate after Cathy made his comments on gay marriage. 

Cathy didn't say what you think he said.

8 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

But people love to point out what God condemns. 

https://justbecausehebreathes.com/

If someone does not tell them the truth, how will they know ?

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If someone does not tell them the truth, how will they know ?

So true, 64.

45 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Cathy didn't say what you think he said.

I don't know what you think I think he said but I know what he said. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

What truth? 

God's truth.   

34 minutes ago, AU64 said:

God's truth.   

There is a truth in God's word I really think applies. It's in John chapter 8. Jesus was hanging out at the temple teaching. Suddenly this group of religious leaders showed up with a woman whose lifestyle offended them. They were ready to stone her and explained to Jesus how her lifestyle was wrong, against God, not acceptable. They also wanted to trap Jesus into saying something they could use against him. So he was quiet. Those religious guys, they kept talking about the wicked woman. Then finally Jesus starts writing in the dirt. And he tells them "the one without sin, throw the first stone." Now the Bible doesn't say what Jesus wrote in the dirt but I like to think he wrote down sins of every man in that crowd who talked about that woman and wanted her to die. Perhaps he wrote down names of women they had been with, or names of people they had wronged. Perhaps he wrote words like "thief" "murderer" "drunkard". Anyway, whatever Jesus wrote caused every one of those men to drop their stones and walk away. Jesus looked up and asked the woman how many of her accusers condemned her. She answered none to which Jesus answered, " Nor do I."

The church needs to stop throwing stones.

24 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

There is a truth in God's word I really think applies. It's in John chapter 8. Jesus was hanging out at the temple teaching. Suddenly this group of religious leaders showed up with a woman whose lifestyle offended them. They were ready to stone her and explained to Jesus how her lifestyle was wrong, against God, not acceptable. They also wanted to trap Jesus into saying something they could use against him. So he was quiet. Those religious guys, they kept talking about the wicked woman. Then finally Jesus starts writing in the dirt. And he tells them "the one without sin, throw the first stone." Now the Bible doesn't say what Jesus wrote in the dirt but I like to think he wrote down sins of every man in that crowd who talked about that woman and wanted her to die. Perhaps he wrote down names of women they had been with, or names of people they had wronged. Perhaps he wrote words like "thief" "murderer" "drunkard". Anyway, whatever Jesus wrote caused every one of those men to drop their stones and walk away. Jesus looked up and asked the woman how many of her accusers condemned her. She answered none to which Jesus answered, " Nor do I."

JMO but this isn't "throwing stones"

Matthew 28:16-20New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

34 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I COMPLETELY agree with you that the church needs to stop throwing stones. No church that follows Christ advocates throwing stones, but MANY churches that CLAIM to follow Christ throw stones. But remember that saying something disagreeable is not automatically the same thing as throwing stones.

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but this isn't "throwing stones"

Matthew 28:16-20New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Do you catch the order in what Jesus said? Make them disciples first then teach them. Jesus didn't say point out their sins first. 

37 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I COMPLETELY agree with you that the church needs to stop throwing stones. No church that follows Christ advocates throwing stones, but MANY churches that CLAIM to follow Christ throw stones. But remember that saying something disagreeable is not automatically the same thing as throwing stones.

The end of the story is often left off where The Lord tells her to "Go and sin no more." Which I would think it wasn't okay for her to remain in her previous lifestyle. 

40 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

The end of the story is often left off where The Lord tells her to "Go and sin no more." Which I would think it wasn't okay for her to remain in her previous lifestyle. 

Didn't fit her narrative....

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Isn't  it a shame the church crowd didn't extend her the same grace that Jesus did?

54 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Isn't  it a shame the church crowd didn't extend her the same grace that Jesus did?

We as Christians are called to love and be respectful to EVERYONE because they are made in the likeness and image of God (which of course includes homosexuals).That doesn't mean condoning behavior that is contrary to Christ/Biblical/Church teachings. I would never treat anyone hatefully because sexual preference, I also wouldn't condone the behavior either. I'm a sinner and it is the duty of fellow Christians to help me recognize my sin and assist me in what ever way they can to overcome my sin. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

It absolutely is.  

I will also say, the woman caught in adultery seemed to understand what Jesus told her (go and sin no more).  She didn't argue with him that what she was doing wasn't wrong in the first place.  We're living in an odd time where everyone calls for grace and love, but no one wants to respond with repentance and turn from their sin.  In fact, they get mad if you call it sin in the first place.

Now that said - that's not an excuse to be snotty or mean or hateful to people.  It's not a good reason to focus only on a person's sin and withhold love and empathy from them until they change.  

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well I certainly wouldn't put that post in the "great" category, but in case you're interested, here's my rationale:

The future of Christianity - like every religion - depends on attracting people, particularly young people.

Most polls suggest younger generations have much more accepting views of LGBT people than most older people.  Assuming older people pretty much control church doctrine, this has the potential to make church doctrine less relevant to their lives.   

Do you disagree?

Christians are not concerned with the future of Christianity Homer. 

Archived