Post a picture

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I think I put my tomaters too close together. This was a couple days ago. I’m having to support the stems now. 

1523F3A7-C3CF-44AC-9A5A-6AACCE5D8CCA.jpeg

Get you some cages to do the support for you lol. 

My wife and I threw down a ton of tomatoes this year. Rented a big tiller when I put two pallets of sod down, tilled some garden spaces while I was at it. Also beans, melons, squash and bell peppers. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 8:06 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Spent a few days on Lake Hamilton just outside of Hot Springs, AR this weekend.  Beautiful view from the rental and a cool storm blew through last night with some awesome clouds.

Also found some damn good flavored moonshine.  Poured it on some vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce.  

Finally, saw the biggest damn loaded baked potato that I've ever laid eyes on.  Came from a BBQ shack on the side of the road.

IMG_20200523_200517.jpg

IMG_20200524_200827.jpg

IMG_20200523_203843.jpg

IMG_20200522_111415.jpg

ALL kinds of WOW!  Love the pics!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Get you some cages to do the support for you lol. 

My wife and I threw down a ton of tomatoes this year. Rented a big tiller when I put two pallets of sod down, tilled some garden spaces while I was at it. Also beans, melons, squash and bell peppers. 

That’s what I did. Space is so tight the cages were awkward. I drove some steel rods in and tied some paracord around them. Did  you think I was sitting out there holding them up?Lol. That’s two bell peppers to the right. In the other bed I have three cucumbers and three sweet bananas. This is my wife’s idea and hobby. I’m just doing it all. 

Edited by alexava

9 hours ago, alexava said:

I think I put my tomaters too close together. This was a couple days ago. I’m having to support the stems now. 

1523F3A7-C3CF-44AC-9A5A-6AACCE5D8CCA.jpeg

Those look like very happy plants to me but my thumb is any color but green.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Those look like very happy plants to me but my thumb is any color but green.

I lucked into some good soil. I was asking around about what to use. Getting several good suggestions. But before I went to get a trailer load of topsoil and gin trash I decided to get some leaves and grass clippings in the bottom. My backyard borders two vacant lots.  Beyond  those , there’s a wooded area and a bean field. Several neighbors dump grass clippings in the edge of the field and woods. We get our  fishing worms from these piles. When I started digging into the old (several years old) grass piles I noticed this was some awesome soil. So I wheel barrowed it about sixty yards to my beds. I did put one bag of fertilized garden soil in them. 

Edited by alexava

10 hours ago, alexava said:

I lucked into some good soil. I was asking around about what to use. Getting several good suggestions. But before I went to get a trailer load of topsoil and gin trash I decided to get some leaves and grass clippings in the bottom. My backyard borders two vacant lots.  Beyond  those , there’s a wooded area and a bean field. Several neighbors dump grass clippings in the edge of the field and woods. We get our  fishing worms from these piles. When I started digging into the old (several years old) grass piles I noticed this was some awesome soil. So I wheel barrowed it about sixty yards to my beds. I did put one bag of fertilized garden soil in them. 

That's great. It's funny how when you're in a project, you see ideas and supplies everywhere.

In Atlanta- at least in the city- if you want to throw something out, you just put it on the curb. Doesn't matter what it is. Somebody will grab it. Well, when I was doing something, I was often that somebody. Pretty sure I built a raised garden bed with repurposed curb wood. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's great. It's funny how when you're in a project, you see ideas and supplies everywhere.

In Atlanta- at least in the city- if you want to throw something out, you just put it on the curb. Doesn't matter what it is. Somebody will grab it. Well, when I was doing something, I was often that somebody. Pretty sure I built a raised garden bed with repurposed curb wood. 

Happens where I live too. Pretty much anything, no matter how worthless and useless to me, is picked up within one day by someone. We had a broken rattan rocking chair picked up, an old stained toilet we switched out when we bought the house. I bent the shaft to my lawnmower a couple of summers ago and finished out the season with a mower that beat me to death when I cut. Bought a new one last summer and set the old one on the street. My neighbor told me he got it and fixed it. That man can fix anything, Jack of all trades. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Happens where I live too. Pretty much anything, no matter how worthless and useless to me, is picked up within one day by someone. We had a broken rattan rocking chair picked up, an old stained toilet we switched out when we bought the house. I bent the shaft to my lawnmower a couple of summers ago and finished out the season with a mower that beat me to death when I cut. Bought a new one last summer and set the old one on the street. My neighbor told me he got it and fixed it. That man can fix anything, Jack of all trades. 

I soooo envy that. My dad and brother have it. Missed me.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Missed me too although You Tube is a big help with certain things, even for me. 

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Missed me too although You Tube is a big help with certain things, even for me. 

Oh, man. God bless the YouTubers. They the real heroes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm pretty much that guy with my family and friends now. Need a plumbing repair or a water heater installed? Call Dub. Need a TV mounted on the wall? Call Dub. Something wonky with your electrical wiring? Call Dub. Need your washer or dryer fixed? Garage door put in? Some security cameras mounted? Dub. Saved a lot of people a lot of money.

I'll be buying a welder soon. Going to have fun with that lol.

About the only thing I can't do fairly well right now is drywall due to lack of experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

@ShocksMyBrain @McLoofus

You guys are a REALLY bad influence on me. Thanks for that!

24598748-E7AD-4FC4-A490-2F2BBB9448C0.jpeg

Welcome to the wonderful world of quality hot sauce. I think I’m just going to sign up for the monthly Heatonist box. 3 sauces a month for $30 isn’t too bad and it’ll help me find new ones. 

• Like 1

Speaking of heat, I hope y'all know about Calabrian chiles. Find some to work into Italian dishes and definitely drizzle the oil on your pizza. Lots of heat with an almost olive-like brine.

IMG_20200523_183840.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

I'm pretty much that guy with my family and friends now. Need a plumbing repair or a water heater installed? Call Dub. Need a TV mounted on the wall? Call Dub. Something wonky with your electrical wiring? Call Dub. Need your washer or dryer fixed? Garage door put in? Some security cameras mounted? Dub. Saved a lot of people a lot of money.

I'll be buying a welder soon. Going to have fun with that lol.

About the only thing I can't do fairly well right now is drywall due to lack of experience.

If you can do the rest of that drywall is simple. I have 3 welders, a cutting torch, several saws and grinders. Always wanting more. I’m the guy in my family and beyond. I should get hvac license so I could by refrigerant and figure that out too. I replace about a dozen capacitors and a couple of fan motors every year when the weather gets hot. I just had to get a guy to charge my upstairs unit. I hate to do that. 

I never charge labor. But my uncle wants me to make some gates for his privacy fence. I made mine with 1 1/4” tubing so I don’t fight sagging. He saw it and insists on paying me. I think I will have him buy me an auto darkening welding helmet and call it even. 

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

If you can do the rest of that drywall is simple. I have 3 welders, a cutting torch, several saws and grinders. Always wanting more. I’m the guy in my family and beyond. I should get hvac license so I could by refrigerant and figure that out too. I replace about a dozen capacitors and a couple of fan motors every year when the weather gets hot. I just had to get a guy to charge my upstairs unit. I hate to do that. 

Tools are damned crack, man.

Kicker, I can do refrigeration. If I need to replace an A-coil or compressor I could pull it off since I know how to braise and how to not absolutely FUBAR electrical diagrams. Only thing is the refrigerant,  which I can get, but only at a significant mark-up. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Turned 1 this month

IMG_20200529_164615_01.jpg

I feel so bad for the poor dog look how sad it looks must be the parents or especially the dad.......probably some type of abuse

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I feel so bad for the poor dog look how sad it looks must be the parents or especially the dad.......probably some type of abuse

Well, when your owner is an 8 foot tall canary...

Edited by AUDub

26 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well, when your owner is an 8 foot tall canary...

Can't imagine the terror the poor fella faces daily

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Turned 1 this month

IMG_20200529_164615_01.jpg

Ok, I came, I sat and I stayed....where’s my treat.

33 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

This is the cutest dog I have ever seen!  What breed is it?

She is a cockapoo. Her personality is as cut as her looks.