Charles Barkley on monuments

alexava

I fail to see how having the balls and intellectual integrity to honestly confront what secession was actually about makes one a "snowflake".  Just the opposite actually.

Furthermore each of those statues has a history. It's no accident they were put up early in the 20th century after the federal government backed away and allowed Southern "redemption". It's not a history we should celebrate.

The real snowflakes don't want to face that.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

As far as I am concerned, this is as much about whites - particularly white Southerners.  We are the ones who need to come to terms with our history, not blacks.

To what end?  Where should the line be drawn? Can people not come to terms with their ancestor's history without wanting everything of historical value from the dark side torn down or replaced within the public realm?

The monuments are not interesting to look at. That's no legit reason to take them down though. 

Bibb Graves was a KKK leader if I'm not mistaken. Jefferson Davis Community College?Are we just going to go out of our way to correct all the wrongs possibly done? At the end of the day,  what does this purge of the confederate public commemorations  really accomplish? Giving kids a chance to kick a statue? 

18 hours ago, metafour said:

Yes, and this is totally different from how the left loves to crucify any Conservative person of color as an "Uncle Tom" or some other derogatory label which implies that there is something wrong with them (kind of like homo in this very thread), because they don't buy into the sheep group-think that they are supposed to parrot, right? This really grinds your gears, doesn't it? When one of your subjects strays too far from the herd?

You are absolutely free to start a thread about those on the left who crucify conservative poc. 

Archived