Pregame Sights & Sounds - AU vs. Georgia Southern

RunInRed

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So maybe the water drains under the sod?  The field is crowned and maybe that is how the water gets off rather than puddling? 

Increases porosity ... improves drainage.

15 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

So I am guessing this is the porosity between the sod and the ground?

More so of the soil itself

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

More so of the soil itself

Whatever it is....it seems to work well....have seen some major downpours that did not stay on the surface of the field very long.   Don't know if it is the same system that was in place for the West Virginia game several years ago but it was amazing they were able to play after about a half foot of rain fell in an hour....and yet in the second half the field was in good shape.

But two things for sure......AU ought to know how to grow grass ......and how to get rid of unwanted water...:)

50 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But two things for sure......AU ought to know how to grow grass ......and how to get rid of unwanted water...:)

And unwanted turds. :) 

31 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Believe it or not I have hit a pitching wedge on the field.....longggggggggggggggggggg time ago

Were the bleachers in the end zones up yet?

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

South was but  just a few in north endzone

image.jpeg

When I started AU/API in 1957 both end zones were open and the team came out from the Field House located in the bottom left of the picture. I can't remember if the visitors did also. Its been fun to watch the changes over the years.

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

So, is there a lottery for lockers or a round robin double elimination pin the tail on the donkey challenge that determines who gets one?

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So, is there a lottery for lockers or a round robin double elimination pin the tail on the donkey challenge that determines who gets one?

just glancing at the names I bet the depth chart has something to do with it....meanwhile is that sunshine and shadows I see in the picture right above?   That would be nice.....

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was wondering the same thing...

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

just glancing at the names I bet the depth chart has something to do with it....meanwhile is that sunshine and shadows I see in the picture right above?   That would be nice.....

So does this mean that we don't have enough lockers for our football team?  That seems pretty cheap.  Hope this is addressed in the upcoming reno.  UTx can have stainless with tvs and we have folding chairs.

Auburn with their damn lotterys. I got screwed by their parking lottery. I always had to park in C Zone. So basically over by the tennis courts. Lol. Why cant they just give PC to seniors???

22 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I was wondering the same thing...

So does this mean that we don't have enough lockers for our football team?  That seems pretty cheap.  Hope this is addressed in the upcoming reno.  UTx can have stainless with tvs and we have folding chairs.

My gosh...we spend a fortune on the football program and it's gonna kill some guys to sit in regular chairs 6 or 7 times a year?  We have something like 110 players on the roster.....and 85 scholarship positions I guess.....so maybe they get the lockers?  

Maybe that was a tongue in cheek comment but I really don't care what UTx has....can spend their money however they like but unless there is a bottomless pit of money for AU athletics, might want to look for projects that have more beneficiaries....JMO.

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

My gosh...we spend a fortune on the football program and it's gonna kill some guys to sit in regular chairs 6 or 7 times a year?  We have something like 110 players on the roster.....and 85 scholarship positions I guess.....so maybe they get the lockers?  

Maybe that was a tongue in cheek comment but I really don't care what UTx has....can spend their money however they like but unless there is a bottomless pit of money for AU athletics, might want to look for projects that have more beneficiaries....JMO.

Its a HUGE recruiting tool that was promised to Gus and as with other promises by JJ...not fulfilled.

Archived