NFL Thread

aujeff11

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Nick Mullens, QB for Chip Lindsay At Spain Park & Southern Miss, having a nice first half for the 49ers

9-11, 103 yds, 2 TDS so far

OHHHHHHHH SO THIS is what a QB coached by Chip looks like if chip was allowed to do his thing?! WELL sucks we will never get to see that at AU!!! lol (YES I KNOW KYLE SHANAHAN runs a different offense than Chip. IT IS A JOKE. PLEASE GO WITH IT! lmao. K. THANKS!!!)

• Love 1

I dont know why i take so much joy in grudens failure. It has always been frustrating to hear people talk about him like he is something in the football world. Ive never been able to take him seriously

• Like 1

"We're going to build a championship football team here"

Boy I identify with Raiders fans. Paid a coach all that money for mediocre performance.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

OHHHHHHHH SO THIS is what a QB coached by Chip looks like if chip was allowed to do his thing?! WELL sucks we will never get to see that at AU!!! lol (YES I KNOW KYLE SHANAHAN runs a different offense than Chip. IT IS A JOKE. PLEASE GO WITH IT! lmao. K. THANKS!!!)

Exactly what I first thought. And I wasn't thinking about it humorously or sarcastically. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

"We're going to build a championship football team here"

Boy I identify with Raiders fans. Paid a coach all that money for mediocre performance.

At least a reasonable case can be made that Gruden is blowing the whole thing up and starting from scratch. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah I thought the same. Carlson needs a hot streak. I doubt Gruden wants to carry much over from this team to the one he wants to work with, so he needs to convince Gruden that he should be a part of the future. Carlson is pretty safe this season though.

At least within reason a pro GM, coach can make wholesale changes from one season to the next....though guess he would mostly be able to get guys at the end of their contracts with high salaries.   Depends on how much money he will have to spend but don't think it is possible for a team to draft their way into contention and they don't seem to have much in the way of "trade bait" 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

At least within reason a pro GM, coach can make wholesale changes from one season to the next....though guess he would mostly be able to get guys at the end of their contracts with high salaries.   Depends on how much money he will have to spend but don't think it is possible for a team to draft their way into contention and they don't seem to have much in the way of "trade bait" 

They have accumulated 2 extra first round draft picks this season when they traded Mack and Coop. They will have three first round draft picks for 2019. And as of now Have have 2 first round draft picks for 2020. 

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They have accumulated 2 extra first round draft picks this season when they traded Mack and Coop. They will have three first round draft picks for 2019. And as of now Have have 2 first round draft picks for 2020. 

That's a good start but a long way to go to build a squad of 40 or so players who can compete within a couple years.  Been watching Cleveland try to draft their way up with little success.....but they have other problems too of course.   

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

That's a good start but a long way to go to build a squad of 40 or so players who can compete within a couple years.  Been watching Cleveland try to draft their way up with little success.....but they have other problems too of course.   

They already have a QB. They are closer than their record would suggest. The defense is the unit that needs a total re tool and overhaul. It is trash. Mack was their only true difference maker.

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!! JULIO FINALLY GOT ONE OVER on that dastardly evil foe The Endzone!!!! lol. His first touchdown since week 12 in 2017!!!!!! hahaha WOOOOOOO

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Another good day for Cam.....playing like his MVP season ….and the new OC has brought back the old Cam offense.....some nifty read-options that totally flummoxed the opposing DEs several times.  

Love them giving Samuel more PT and using Moore and McCaffrey. Big game Thursday. They win that and people will have no choice but to take them very seriously. Panthers need to do better playing with a lead though.

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Love them giving Samuel more PT and using Moore and McCaffrey. Big game Thursday. They win that and people will have no choice but to take them very seriously. Panthers need to do better playing with a lead though.

Defense reminds me of Auburns. Not as good as everyone thinks. No one has talked about it yet because they keep winning these games. KNOCK ON WOOD.

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’d put the rams over the saints in the playoffs. This game don’t mean crap. 

It’s not end all be all but it is meaningful. If they should happen to meet in the playoffs with similar records, Saints have home field. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

It’s not end all be all but it is meaningful. If they should happen to meet in the playoffs with similar records, Saints have home field. 

The Saints are going to lose again (hopefully to Panthers.) The Rams might not. I have been impressed with the Saints front 7 on defense though. 

• Like 1

Sean Sr showing his son Sean JR that the old man is not done just yet!!! lol.

I would love for Brees to win MVP as that is just about the only thing left he hasn't done.  He has had some good enough seasons to win it.  Plus if he wins the SB this year, wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

MVP?  ….guess it depends on how far the Panthers go.....inconsistent offense ….seem to play hard when they need to.....but it's not just about stats.   But as someone noted above, the D is not reliable.

Mahomes, Gurley, Brees and Brady are all ahead of him now for MVP. It is a logjam this year. A lot of candidates it could easily go too who are very deserving. You got to have the stats and WIN. same as heisman now.

• Like 1