NFL Thread

aujeff11

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Manufactured motivation on Brady's part IMO. 

Yeah I believe it’s just another motivation factor for him which is all good in my book! Still hope the Rams kill them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I believe it’s just another motivation factor for him which is all good in my book! Still hope the Rams kill them.

You and a lot of folks. Hoping for a good game where people aren't talking about bad calls or dumb overtime rules after it's over.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie. With that angle I'd have been every bit as likely to blow that call.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You and a lot of folks. Hoping for a good game where people aren't talking about bad calls or dumb overtime rules after it's over.

Agree....I don't have a favorite and feel pretty sure the league got the game they wanted.....best TV markets out of the last four teams.     So maybe the refs will be on their toes and get the key calls right...Protect the QBs and "let 'em play" which is sometimes the case in a big game. 

NO vs KC would have been a great game IMO, but the TV audience would be pitiful with two smaller market teams.    

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Come again?

I hate that stadium aesthetically from a tv view point. It does not look any different than the GA dome when it comes to the field. It is just bleh and boring to me. Does not pop off the screen.

Edited by GwillMac6

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Not gonna lie. With that angle I'd have been every bit as likely to blow that call.

How do you miss a helmet to helmet also? 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Patrick Mahomes missed a wide open receiver for an easy throw-and-catch TD.

Tom Brady gave 7 points away with that interception he threw in the end zone.

The supposed "best offense" in the NFL was held scoreless in the first half.

Dee Ford lined up off sides, else the Chiefs would have won.

Now England gained somewhat near twice as many yards as KC, ran twice as many plays, possessed the ball twice as long, etc.  The Chiefs were beaten worse than the score indicates.  They were very lucky to have made it to overtime.

Tom Brady's completed passes in overtime:

• 3rd-and-10 conversion.
  • 3rd-and-9 conversion
  • 3rd-and-10 conversion
  • 3rd-and-10 conversion

Un-freaking-real.

The lost coin toss is nowhere near the reason the Chiefs lost the game.  Based upon the stats and their mistakes, they had no business even being in the game at the end.

IMO.

True.  But the team that wins the toss does have an advantage.  That is why 100% of The teams that win the toss, choose to receive the kickoff.  

Just the opposite in college, 100% of the time the coin toss winner chooses defense. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate that stadium aesthetically from a tv view point. It does not look any different than the GA dome when it comes to the field. It is just bleh and boring to me. Does not pop off the screen.

Ah. What is a stadium that does pop on TV?

The Benz is pretty remarkable in person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I went last year to see my beloved Cowboys play the Falcons and the stadium in person was top notch. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I think he was referring more to the what than the how. In both cases, the country is sick of seeing these two unlikable *teams and their unlikable coaches in the championship game every year. 

It just occurred to me that these things are happening at the same time. A testament to the popularity of the sport that it can survive this. Although, we do love our villains.

I think sports are more enjoyable when you have dynasties instead of parity, even if you hate the dynasties.  I despise the Cowboys, but the NFL is a whole lot less interesting when they are irrelevant as they have been.  I enjoy it more when they are almost successful and then get their hearts ripped out in the playoffs than I do when they have a losing season.  Same goes for the 70's Dodgers, 80's Lakers, Yankees anytime, Warriors anytime.  I absolutely hate the big market bandwagon jump on board fans more than the others.  Patriots don't bother me that much because they aren't America's team and don't have many bandwagon fans.  That's why Alabama is so easy to hate.  When they are winning, all the Gumps come out; when they are losing you only here from the true idiots.

Thoughts on my teams:

personnel wise, the Cowboys are close. Dak can be a good enough game manager to not cause losses but I’m not sure he’s going to be the quarterback that’s going to win games. If the defense can add just a little, they’re going to be salty.

The Patriots window is closing in a hurry. Brady is almost done and they definitely need to figure out how they’re going to move forward with either a rookie or free agent. Gronk is done and this is probably his last season. They need a number one receiver but there is some young talent in Michel, White, Wynn, and others. Also, it’s tough to count the out until they are out.

Raiders...complete trash.  That’s it.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ah. What is a stadium that does pop on TV?

The Benz is pretty remarkable in person.

Jerry World and Minny's new stadium out of the "glamor" ones. Love the way both look on screen. It is just aesthetically pleasing and just pops for me personally.  2 of my favorite football stadiums to watch on the tube. I hate the way the lighting of the new Falcons stadium and how it translates to t.v. It looks like I am watching a game from the Hump (Miss ST bball arena). Hey it is just personal preference. Nothing against your falcons. I find them fun to watch because of their offense. Atlanta is just so overdone. It is a ughhhhhhh for me. Mainly because Auburn has played there so much and not had any good experiences besides the washington 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I went last year to see my beloved Cowboys play the Falcons and the stadium in person was top notch. 

Wait. I thought you were a Pats fans!!!!! lol You been paul pierce okie doking me this whole time?!?! This is the first I have heard of you being a cowboys fan!!!! HAS ALL OUR EXCHANGES ON HERE BEEN A LIE?!?!? haha

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Wait. I thought you were a Pats fans!!!!! lol You been paul pierce okie doking me this whole time?!?! This is the first I have heard of you being a cowboys fan!!!! HAS ALL OUR EXCHANGES ON HERE BEEN A LIE?!?!? haha

I like ALL things Boston but the Raiders and Cowboys have been teams I liked for longer. As far as the Patriots go, I like them but it’s probably more of a Brady thing. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I like ALL things Boston but the Raiders and Cowboys have been teams I liked for longer. As far as the Patriots go, I like them but it’s probably more of a Brady thing. 

I thought you were a typical boston Ma**hole and were all things boston and only boston. All boston everything. This was def a swerve. I feel like I am on Ashton Kutchers punked right now! lol

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought you were a typical boston Ma**hole and were all things boston and only boston. All boston everything. This was def a swerve. I feel like I am on Ashton Kutchers punked right now! lol

Sox and Celtics are my favorite pro sports teams no question. I’m not really sure how all the others came about other than the Raiders because of Bo. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Sox and Celtics are my favorite pro sports teams no question. I’m not really sure how all the others came about other than the Raiders because of Bo. 

LMAO!!! I wish you would of led with that. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! Makes all the sense in the world now.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Brady> Rodgers 

Patriots were in fact tbe underdog last game:

DxISIPCXcAIUfCF?format=jpg&name=medium

Understand?

Dxb11o6U8AAbgTf?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jerry World and Minny's new stadium out of the "glamor" ones. Love the way both look on screen. It is just aesthetically pleasing and just pops for me personally.  2 of my favorite football stadiums to watch on the tube. I hate the way the lighting of the new Falcons stadium and how it translates to t.v. It looks like I am watching a game from the Hump (Miss ST bball arena). Hey it is just personal preference. Nothing against your falcons. I find them fun to watch because of their offense. Atlanta is just so overdone. It is a ughhhhhhh for me. Mainly because Auburn has played there so much and not had any good experiences besides the washington 

Oh, no offense taken. It just never occurred to me that somebody might have significant stadium preferences based on how they look on TV. And I definitely get that Atlanta stadiums were a house of horrors from December 2013 until September 2018. 

As far as being there, though, the Benz is definitely in the same conversation as JerryWorld and the new Minnesota stadium. In fact, the biggest problem facing the Benz is that the concourses and concessions are so fan-friendly that sometimes people just stay out there during the games. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I think sports are more enjoyable when you have dynasties instead of parity, even if you hate the dynasties.  I despise the Cowboys, but the NFL is a whole lot less interesting when they are irrelevant as they have been.  I enjoy it more when they are almost successful and then get their hearts ripped out in the playoffs than I do when they have a losing season.  Same goes for the 70's Dodgers, 80's Lakers, Yankees anytime, Warriors anytime.  I absolutely hate the big market bandwagon jump on board fans more than the others.  Patriots don't bother me that much because they aren't America's team and don't have many bandwagon fans.  That's why Alabama is so easy to hate.  When they are winning, all the Gumps come out; when they are losing you only here from the true idiots.

That's a good point. I was #teamshowtime in the 80s, but I'm not sure how much they would have mattered without the Celtics as the other guy. Same for the Detroit Bad Boys. Man U in English football etc. And the Patriots for me until I actually came to know a lot of their fans and even married one. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, no offense taken. It just never occurred to me that somebody might have significant stadium preferences based on how they look on TV. And I definitely get that Atlanta stadiums were a house of horrors from December 2013 until September 2018. 

As far as being there, though, the Benz is definitely in the same conversation as JerryWorld and the new Minnesota stadium. In fact, the biggest problem facing the Benz is that the concourses and concessions are so fan-friendly that sometimes people just stay out there during the games. 

O absolutely. I def have my favorites and least favorites. New falcons stadium is easily on my least favorites list. When you watch as much football/sports as us you develop certain affinity's to certain stadiums and your preferences and which one is your favorites to watch games from on t.v. Like about the college game. I think Jordan Hare has the best playing surface with how great and amazing it looks on tv  for night games along with suprisingly........ Arizona States Sun Devil Stadium. It looks gorgeous on t.v..... I was actually having this exact conversation this past weekend with a friend about what our favorite and least favorite gym/arena is for the college basketball blue bloods. 

• Like 1

Well at least we have the Pro Bowl this weekend while we wait. Right guys? That game is always so fun.............. lol worst all star game in sports easily. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well at least we have the Pro Bowl this weekend while we wait. Right guys? That game is always so fun.............. lol worst all star game in sports easily. 

I would say that I agree with you, but I haven't even thought to watch it in so long that I can't say with certainty. And I don't see that changing. 

I'm curious what they get out of it. Just a little bit of good PR, maybe?

Side note: Speaking of other sports' all star games, are y'all familiar with the story of John Scott in the NHL? Fascinating stuff. Not a good look for the NHL at all. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would say that I agree with you, but I haven't even thought to watch it in so long that I can't say with certainty. And I don't see that changing. 

I'm curious what they get out of it. Just a little bit of good PR, maybe?

Side note: Speaking of other sports' all star games, are y'all familiar with the story of John Scott in the NHL? Fascinating stuff. Not a good look for the NHL at all. 

I can name 2 NHL players. (yup you guessed it. The obvious ones in Ovi and Crosby.) Never seen a game ever for NHL. What can I say?! I am just a simple redneck kid who grew up in alabama! lol. But even because of that I rather watch the NHL all star game than the Pro Bowl.