NFL Thread

aujeff11

“News of the Beckham deal, which was first reported by NFL Network, had an immediate impact in Las Vegas. The Browns' odds to win the Super Bowl went from 25-1 to 14-1 at Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook. Their odds to win the AFC went from 12-1 to 7-1, behind only Chiefs and New England Patriots (3-1).

No pressure, Freddie Kitchens...

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Having college teammate Jarvis Landry with him should help too. 

Get out of my head Jeff! I was literally just thinking that, and decided to come back and check the thread. Lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Get out of my head Jeff! I was literally just thinking that, and decided to come back and check the thread. Lol

Haha. Yep. And sorry about the deletion. Thought I replied to the wrong post lol. 

• Like 1

I will say so tho, this obj trade has made for some twitter gold. Don’t think I’ve ever gotten this many laughs out of an nfl trade before.

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

@GwillMac6 I know you’re a Panthers guy and I’m not a Colts guy, I do however LOVE the Capt.Andrew Luck Twitter feed, do you like the funchess move? 

Not a panthers guy. Just a Cam guy. He is my favorite player in the NFL besides Rodgers.  Luck will make it work. He made Ebron a star this year after he flamed out with the Lions. Unless they draft a better one or get a better one in FA Funch will be the second most talented WR he has on the colts. Luck basically had practice squad players to work with last year behind Hilton and had his best season yet. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He made Ebron a star this year after he flamed out with the Lions.

Ebron is still too one dimensional and erratic to be considered a star TE imo. He’s a great receiving target in the RZ. Other than being the biggest target for Luck in tbe RZ, he takes plays off and is still inconsistent. He was a rich man’s Cameron Brate. At least with Funchess they have added more size.

Edited by aujeff11

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not only did he lose 14 million last year, there is this:

D1gwkljXcAAo9pR?format=jpg&name=medium

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Clay Matthews signed a 2 year deal with the Rams.

As much as I hate to see him leave GB I'm happy for him that he gets to go back home. 

Edited by gr82be

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like it is with all great athletes, time and injuries caught up with him. 

On 3/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, aujeff11 said:

Oof, painfully true

Since I haven't be on for a while I'll make a list of my thoughts

1. Tannehill to the Titans is some nice insurance for Mariotta. Fair trade value too.
  2. OBJ to the Browns is awesome but I would have liked for them to have kept Peppers. 1st and 3rd round pick are some heavy capital as well. Glad to see the Browns at least being bold and supporting Baker. They're really making a push for him to succeed.
  3. Joe Flacco for a 4th rounder is a oof for a guy who was supposed to be one of the next greats at one point. Ridiculous he'll still make 18m.
  4. DeSean Jackson back to the Eagles is awesome even if he's passed his prime. Buccaneers are the most idiotic traders out there. They always get the worst value for their trades.
  5. Antonio Brown to Oakland was a steal IMO. 
  6. Clinton-Dix for a 4th round pick is a steal.
  7. Jaguars taking Foles is the wrong move.
  8. Bell is irrelevant to me. Not a fan.
  9. Kareem Hunt for 1 mill 1 year is awesome for Cleveland. Players do well on "prove it" contracts.
  10. Lol at Baltimore buring $15 million on Mark Ingram
  11. Arizona gave Larry Fitzgerald $11 million for one year... sorry bud but I'd rather sign your retirement papers than burn that much cap.
  12. Golden Tate being way over paid by the Giants... Gettleman is a moron
  13. LOL at the Colts over paying Funchess
  14. Uzomah got a fair deal. 3 years 18 mill for the Bengals. Good job man. Amazing what he's done despite his mismanagement here.
  15. Glad the Panthers did next to nothing to get better. Signed an okay Center to replace a stud. Kept a OT but only on a one year deal. Got an old man at DE.
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2019 at 2:13 PM, Zeek said:

Since I haven't be on for a while I'll make a list of my thoughts

1. Tannehill to the Titans is some nice insurance for Mariotta. Fair trade value too.
  2. OBJ to the Browns is awesome but I would have liked for them to have kept Peppers. 1st and 3rd round pick are some heavy capital as well. Glad to see the Browns at least being bold and supporting Baker. They're really making a push for him to succeed.
  3. Joe Flacco for a 4th rounder is a oof for a guy who was supposed to be one of the next greats at one point. Ridiculous he'll still make 18m.
  4. DeSean Jackson back to the Eagles is awesome even if he's passed his prime. Buccaneers are the most idiotic traders out there. They always get the worst value for their trades.
  5. Antonio Brown to Oakland was a steal IMO. 
  6. Clinton-Dix for a 4th round pick is a steal.
  7. Jaguars taking Foles is the wrong move.
  8. Bell is irrelevant to me. Not a fan.
  9. Kareem Hunt for 1 mill 1 year is awesome for Cleveland. Players do well on "prove it" contracts.
  10. Lol at Baltimore buring $15 million on Mark Ingram
  11. Arizona gave Larry Fitzgerald $11 million for one year... sorry bud but I'd rather sign your retirement papers than burn that much cap.
  12. Golden Tate being way over paid by the Giants... Gettleman is a moron
  13. LOL at the Colts over paying Funchess
  14. Uzomah got a fair deal. 3 years 18 mill for the Bengals. Good job man. Amazing what he's done despite his mismanagement here.
  15. Glad the Panthers did next to nothing to get better. Signed an okay Center to replace a stud. Kept a OT but only on a one year deal. Got an old man at DE.

891.jpg

• Haha 1

So the NFL approved replay for pass interference calls and non calls. 

Saints don’t have to cry no more. 

“At the annual league meeting on Tuesday, the owners ratified a proposal that will allow coaches to challenge pass-interference penalties, including ones that go uncalled on the field. Additionally, in the final two minutes of the half, the replay assistant can initiate reviews of called and uncalled pass-interference penalties. It's a one-year rule that will be evaluated next year.”

Edited by aujeff11

On 3/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, aujeff11 said:

So the NFL approved replay for pass interference calls and non calls. 

Saints don’t have to cry no more. 

“At the annual league meeting on Tuesday, the owners ratified a proposal that will allow coaches to challenge pass-interference penalties, including ones that go uncalled on the field. Additionally, in the final two minutes of the half, the replay assistant can initiate reviews of called and uncalled pass-interference penalties. It's a one-year rule that will be evaluated next year.”

Just realized the NFL will be in trouble during Hail Marys. Those have almost always been free for all plays.

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Just realized the NFL will be in trouble during Hail Marys. Those have almost always been free for all plays.

My concern is coaches scheming like they do to Auburn: to chuck deep lob balls looking for a call.  I do think they need to do some preventative stipulations to the review.  Not sure what that would be, but maybe give the challenging team a loss of timeout and a loss of down if the call is not overturned.