NFL Thread

aujeff11

• Sad 2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028927/article/nfl-power-rankings-new-orleans-saints-on-top-after-2019-draft

1. The damn Aints coming in at #1, Drew Brees can't have too much more time left in the NFL. I think the Saints will really struggle once his time comes to an end.
  2. Patriots definitely belong in the top 5 still. Really like their draft of Harry (WR) and DHarris at RB. Losing Gronk is going to hurt but he was injured so often I don't think it's detrimental.
  3. Rams. Man do I love seeing them this high in rankings after so many years of being irrelevant.
  4. Chargers. I've never believed in PRivers as a potential Super Bowl winner. His career has kind of shown that his ceiling is to be extremely effective as a passer but on a team that's never quite good enough to win it all.
  5. Colts are meh to me. Andrew Luck is good, but after how much of a stink they made when he came out of the draft, I've never really pulled for him. He's not the second-coming of Peyton Manning but he's good enough to keep them consistently in a playoff chase.
  6. Eagles should be turning things back in the right direction. The management there has made solid choices... must be nice
  7. Bears just don't interest me. I don't even know who their QB is now?
  8. Chiefs getting rid of my guy Dee Ford has made them a team I'm actively pulling against while they're on defense... that being said I love me some Mahomes.
  9. Cowboys defense will be deadly. Hill is an excellent DT from UCF that I'm excited to see develop. Go Knights! I do think their offense needs some more help.
  10. Love the Browns being relevant. I think Greedy was a steal by the time they got him.
  11. Not a fan of the Seahawks and I think RussW contract is really going to handicap them.
  12. Vikings used to be a team I really pulled for but I couldn't stand their draft picks for a few years. Plus, they just weren't as fun without Favre/AP/JAllen.
  13. Ravens have made all the right moves to give Lamar Jackson the tools to be successful. Personally, I don't think he's going to be an NFL starter within the next 3 years.
  14. I haven't paid attention to the Titans in a while. What have they been up to? Mariotta is still there right?
  15. Texans have JJ Watt still so that's cool. Hopefully DWat can play with a little less pressure this year.
  16. Packers have had such an odd fall from grace and when we all thought ARod was going to lead them to numerous Super Bowls.
  17. Atlanta having a starting OL of all 1st round picks is kinda cool. I think Matt Ryan has had an awesome career on an okay team. Don't think he'll be around much longer
  18. Steelers took a badass LB? Sounds about right. Ready for a new era there at QB. I think Big Ben is essentially a Jay Cutler who doesn't care anymore.
  19. Jaguars should climb back into relevance this year. I think too many people placed blame on Bortles; their real growth will come from the team getting healthier.
  20. Lions have Kerryon so I'll keep watching and pulling for them. Seems like they always draft defense without much success.
  21. Have to agree with the article. The 49ers had an excellent draft and have made a lot of good trades/FA moves. JimmyG will decide things.
  22. Raiders had a good draft imo and I think the Mayock/Gruden thing is such an interesting experiment.
  23. Jets got a stud but I don't think it saves them from being a lower-level team.
  24. I know nothing of the Bills.
  25. Broncos are meh. Flacco is worn out and I don't believe in Lock.
  26. Panthers drafted okay. I really wanted them to stay put in round 2 instead of trading up for Little at OT and I'd of liked them instead to have picked up a Safety by trading to get a second pick in the second round. Picking up Grier was a waste of a 3rd round pick imo.
  27. Gettleman is a moron and can't decide if he's rebuilding or trying to patch up a team long fallen from the upper tier.
  28. Redskins suck. Haskins will bust.
  29. Tampa Bay just won't ever be that good. So many things wrong and so many poor choices keep them struggling.
  30. Bengals don't want to accept that the Andy Dalton hour is over.
  31. I really liked the Cardinals draft and I don't really care about them moving on from Rosen.
  32. Looks like Miami is making all of the right moves and got Rosen at a bargain. Now will Rosen be the guy? 

@GwillMac6‘s guy, Gettleman straight up got duped. Just like how he got duped when he gave the bank to the Kalils. 

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Panthers should jump all over chancellor....actually Baldwin too

@McLoofus getting NFL certified form tackled by a security guard at a Braves game. Gotta hand it to him, he’s quicker than I thought. 

Reuben Foster carted off of the field today with an air cast.  Most likely done for the season.  That is karma for the Redskins and Foster.  He never should have been allowed to play anyways.