Malzahn's Presser (merged Threads)

Farmer Brown

When your down 8 in the 4th, DC's know you won't be running the ball. Play action passes just give the DL more time to get to the QB.  Just like tonight

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

So hes worried about a running back because of the size of the opposing linebackers. THat is f******* bullsh**. You play a RB whos clearly not 100 and bench a kid bc youre worried ab his soze. Why is he on the team!? WHAT THE F***

^^This^^

It is way past time that we man up and play our opponents.  Mas Macho!!  If we get whipped, we get whipped but to say that we didn't play someone because the other team was bigger or stronger or what ever, unbelievable.  Mas Macho bruh.  We need to line up and play some smash mouth, stop us if you can football that is innovative and fresh.  Enough FFS!.

I hope we fire Jacobs and Gus together. I was watching the game with somebody the entire time, and the culture at this program is just embarrassing for a semi-notable sports environment. We're generally considered one of the top tier environments in terms of likability, but man, we just completely suck. Year in and year out, we just get embarrassed on the biggest stage. Have a dream run in softball, lose in championship, softball program in flames. Have a dream run in football, lose in championship, football program in flames. Pearl has alot more leeway so we'll see what happens about that. I dont care about baseball 

The point being, Jacobs has to go. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When your down 8 in the 4th, DC's know you won't be running the ball. Play action passes just give the DL more time to get to the QB.  Just like tonight

Also helps to have run game thats worth biting on

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I hope we fire Jacobs and Gus together. I was watching the game with somebody the entire time, and the culture at this program is just embarrassing for a semi-notable sports environment. We're generally considered one of the top tier environments in terms of likability, but man, we just completely suck. Year in and year out, we just get embarrassed on the biggest stage. Have a dream run in softball, lose in championship, softball program in flames. Have a dream run in football, lose in championship, football program in flames. Pearl has alot more leeway so we'll see what happens about that. I dont care about baseball 

10000% Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I saw a comment in a different thread that indicated that the players at the presser sounded like they were tired of this stuff as well. Any clarity on that? 

That was me. Completely my opinion based on a players interview. But ill reiterate- player stumbled around it. 

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I can't help but question his football IQ.

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

That was me. Completely my opinion based on a players interview. But ill reiterate- player stumbled around it. 

Okay thanks for the clarity. I wasn't sure if something specific had happened. I can totally understand if they are. 

19 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

GUS MALZAHN

-- "The negative plays killed us."

-- Says defense played "outstanding" and kept Auburn in the game

-- "Offensive we just didn't get it done"

-- "We got to be able to run, play-action"

-- On no Kam Martin carries: "Kam Pettway is really our guy. ... We were a little concerned with the size of their linebackers."

-- On worst offensive performance: "Tonight we had too many negative plays (and) we weren't able to effectively tun the football."

-- "Jarrett just needs experience."

-- "After a game like this, when you don't play well, we'll go back and we'll look" at the offense

-- Says "there were times he didn't have anybody open." Much of the onus is being put on the wide receivers.

-- On WR corps: "I have to look at the film. there was times we weren't open."

-- "We'll get better offensively and we'll get this thing corrected. There's no doubt about that.

-- On lack of targets of Nate Craig-Myers: "Nate wil be fine. ... We'll get the ball to Nate."

From AL.com

1. Yeah, the too-cute plays he called.

2.No duh. They're the only reason you have a job.

3. No duh.

4. Then why didn't you? It doesn't matter if you run a PA anyways because you passed all game.

5. That's ridiculous. It was glaringly obvious that KP needed to be pulled. He looked like McGregor if he made it to round 12. A shell of what he usually looks like.

6. That's on you Gus.

7. And blocking/open receivers

8. No s***

9. Yup, new receiver coach please. Entirely too much talent for them to be under performing. Play calling doesn't help either with the idiotic routes being called. Emory Blake put it best in his tweet.

10. Again, partially your fault. Let your OC coach.

11. If there's no don't than why haven't you done it in 3 years? Red zone issues kill us in big games. Turn those threes into 7, and we have a tied ball game you hack.

12. Lol what about Sal? Gus did a deal with the devil that he can't utilize a tight end.

I'm not only off the Gus Bus but I'm ready to help lay out the road spikes. He owes Cam Newton millions of dollars.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Also thought we were gonna use tight ends and full backs. Other than a stupid offtackle run with Cox (christ that was dumb) we didnt use the FBs and TEs AT ALL 

If Stidham would have kept and bootlegged the opposite way,  he waltzes into end zone. I know the play was not an option play but still. 

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

The emperor has no clothes. 

wde

This story has been running through my head all night...the best I can make of it, if not NO clothes, then definitely ten-year-old clothes with holes in the seams and no back up for "happy little accidents".

I'm off the bus. We've had games where we completely underperformed and underachieved in too many games with all of the talent we had.

We cannot seem to field great offense and defense at same time. In '13 and '14 our offense was explosive but our defense was atrocious. But now, our defense is finally playing Pat Dye defense and our offense resembles to that post-Borges Tuberville era. 

I'm deflated and disappointed.

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If Stidham would have kept and bootlegged the opposite way,  he waltzes into end zone. I know the play was not an option play but still. 

The actual read option hasnt existed in this system since 2013, I dont even consider that a viable option. 

33 minutes ago, AURealist said:

To Malzahn, there's only a running back who runs and QB who runs.  Everyone else on offense, including the Tight End, are blockers.  Who, strangely enough, can't block.

I'm dying laughing and crying

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The actual read option hasnt existed in this system since 2013, I dont even consider that a viable option. 

I think you and I have had this chat a few times. It's insane that we run a "designated" read option where the QB makes no actual read. That's like selling someone a soda with no sugar, carbonation, flavor, or labels on the can.

35 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pearl does no get much leeway;  believe me.

How does our head coach that almost single-handedly changed the way offensive football is played in the SEC, the same coach that brought Saban himself to his knees, begging the NCAA for rule changes, fall so far, so fast, like this?

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

How does our head coach that almost single-handedly changed the way offensive football is played in the SEC, the same coach that brought Saban himself to his knees, begging the NCAA for rule changes, fall so far, so fast, like this?

Could it be that he taught everyone else so well, opponents and fans who can astonishingly predict his next move...that he forgot to teach himself the cardinal rule of species survival..."you HAVE to adapt or die?" The teacher, while never above the student, must still stay two steps ahead, and MORE than that for an opponent,  especially the gifted ones. As much as I cannot stand Nick Saban, no one has had more of an opportunity to grow from observing him than Gus Malzahn, if proximity and opportunity matter at all. 

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Cam Newton and Nick Marshall.  That's how.  

Archived