Who here still likes Gus as the head coach?

WarDamnEagleWDE

25 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Hell, if we are this loaded with talent and we still managed to score whopping six points. I've been a huge supporter of Gus. But I'm done.

To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. We had a better team but I could have sworn that was Tuberville on the sidelines. 

This. I thought the same thing. Incredible defense with an inept offense. Totally reminds me of tubs years 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I don't mind him as a head coach(as far as how he runs the program), but I can't stand his offense and his influence on running it.

Isn't his offense his calling card though and the only reason he is here to begin with? His hiring surely wasn't because of his long history of winning as a college HC or his defensive prowess. 

I have always been on the Gus bus but this is the last season for me. If Gus can't at least give us ten wins then I am getting off at the next stop. No sense on calling for his firing now. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

I have always been on the Gus bus but this is the last season for me. If Gus can't at least give us ten wins then I am getting off at the next stop. No sense on calling for his firing now. 

Why not there is ZERO chance we get 10 wins out of this offense. 

May as well cut the cord now and snatch up Chip before Texas A&M does. 

I defended him until the UGA game last year. I can't do it anymore. This offense is worse than the 2008 team. It's terrible. We're paying him $5mill/yr to have a good offense and to win games. He is not doing his job. He has got to go.

Edit: Guys I would like to see considered as a replacement are Dave Aranda, Neal Brown, Dan Mullen, Willie Taggart, and Brent Venables.

My frustration is we are trending down while UGA is trending up and BAMA is at the top.   Another year losing to our main field and recruiting rivals.  

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we lose to a team like Miss state it is a wrap for Gus.

The loss last night did it for me. The entire offensive game plan and coaching staff and players looked lost. I've seen better pee wee league teams. There is absolutely ZERO excuse for the sh!t show we watched last night; it began and ended with Gustav

The future is grim after seeing last nights performance, but I do believe a little over reacting is happening, but it's a more justified this time around. We had that little streak last season that got us into the top 10, but the moment we started playing elite teams again and KP was injured, we started to perform like we did last night. Last night reminded me of last years UGA game...just complete ineptitude on offense. The way it's looking, we will get lucky to win one between UGA and LSU, and we'll probably get shut out at home against Bama. Those results will get Gus fired no doubt regardless of any other games he wins.

I end it by saying I believe Steve Sarkesian has figured out his issues, and I would be thrilled to have him as our next head coach.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

What about all of us that didn't want him in the first place???

Here here. Then the fluke of the '13 season happened and I thought I had been to quick to judge and doubt. He is who we thought he was. 

Laugh if you want @DAG

Chip constantly did more with less talent. He dominated the Pac12 with mainly 3*s,  leftover 4*s none of the California schools wanted, and only a couple 5*s during his entire tenure. 

If we screw around and let Texas A&M get him, you will see why I want him here so badly. He will DOMINATE in the SEC with what he can get at A&M... just like he would with what he could get (and already has) here.

I'm not pulling the plug on Gus just yet.  Clemson's offense looked just as lost as Auburn's for a large part of the night.  Both those defenses are disruptive on a large scale.  Gus made the changes to fix our defense and I believe he will get this offense fixed.  He recruits at a top 10 level.  This team will improve as the season goes on.  

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Laugh if you want @DAG

Chip constantly did more with less talent. He dominated the Pac12 with mainly 3*s,  leftover 4*s none of the California schools wanted, and only a couple 5*s during his entire tenure. 

If we screw around and let Texas A&M get him, you will see why I want him here so badly. He will DOMINATE in the SEC with what he can get at A&M... just like he would with what he could get (and already has) here.

I am not laughing sarcastically. I am laughing because you made a funny post. Jeez. I would love to have chip here, but that is not going to happen, IMO. 

Just now, DAG said:

I am not laughing sarcastically. I am laughing because you made a funny post. Jeez. I would love to have chip here, but that is not going to happen, IMO. 

Ok, my apologies then my friend.  Some people wouldn't love him here, and those people need their heads examined

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ok, my apologies then my friend.  Some people wouldn't love him here, and those people need their heads examined

I would not mind Chip  here either, but it is not going to happen, especially with our current AD.

wde

I will stick my neck out and say I am still behind him in this sea of posters that I have never seen post all year or ever.  It's still early in the season.  If we were going to lose, lose early and to a top ranked team to bounce back.  We did it in 2013, and that year we didn't have the defense we do now.  Like I said in another post, I am a person of loyalty, and whether this ship sinks or floats I will stay on it.  War Eagle ladies and gents.  

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I would not mind Chip  here either, but it is not going to happen, especially with our current AD.

wde

Luckily, chances are (with the softball fiasco,) our current AD is on borrowed time.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I will stick my neck out and say I am still behind him in this sea of posters that I have never seen post all year or ever.  It's still early in the season.  If we were going to lose, lose early and to a top ranked team to bounce back.  We did it in 2013, and that year we didn't have the defense we do now.  Like I said in another post, I am a person of loyalty, and whether this ship sinks or floats I will stay on it.  War Eagle ladies and gents.  

Are you loyal to Auburn or loyal to Gus?  If you want the best for our football program, you should want Gus to be fired and a competent AD hire a competent football coach.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Are you loyal to Auburn or loyal to Gus?  If you want the best for our football program, you should want Gus to be fired and a competent AD hire a competent football coach.

wde

You will find that there are lots of people who are loyal to particular individuals and/or players. I want whats best for AU. I don't care if it stems from the players or coaches.

I think Gus is a good coach, and I think we are wanting a great coach. Clemson and Dabo's success makes us a bit jealous. There are coaches that are going to field consistently top teams, we consistently wonder what the heck are we doing and what is the teams identity?

Just now, DAG said:

You will find that there are lots of people who are loyal to particular individuals and/or players. I want whats best for AU. I don't care if it stems from the players or coaches.

Same here.

wde

He's an old can of Play Doh crusty and not moldable . Time to buy a new toy.

I would take an immediate firing ....put Steele in the drivers seat and put Al Borges at the OC with chip being the WR and QB coach..... best Arnold voice " DO it NOW!"

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

If we are this bad against LSU I will jump off. If Gus cant right the ship in the next month season is over.

If we go undefeated and get an SEC championship, Gus would be redeemed. I just know that wont happen. I mean our offenses have been able to be productive over the years, but everyone has figured it out. I knew that we lost at halftime. I knew clemson would make a few adjustments on D and that was it. We cant make any adjustments on offence to counter any changes any other teams make.  Its just frustrating.. 

Archived