NBA Thread

aujeff11

10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I haven't questioned anything but his shooting which I think he will struggle with all season if he takes a lot of shots. I heard a stat that they're 20-4 when he takes like 10 shots or something like that.

Oh yeah that's what I meant.  I wasn't being mean or anything.

9 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Did you watch the game?  I didn't have a chance although I did record it.  If so, do you think the reason we lost was because Shroder and Grant were absent?  It appears to me Westbrook is getting back into his element @WFE12 and right at the time I said it would happen too.

OF COURSE!!!! If Bron is not playing for the day then the BRODIE takes priority. WOOOO!!! LETS GOOOO!!!!!!! NOTHING is wrong with Westbrook he is just letting PG 13 be the main scorer this season and clearly it is working tremendously!!! LETS GOOOOO!!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Wrong, most accurate descriptor of him. It’s not like it’s just Pippen is the only one who’s said that he doesn’t have the killer instinct. Jordan, Bryant, Bird, etc... straight killers. Bron not so much and it’s not like I’m saying he’s not not great or anything. And to address the rings post. They do matter but it matters in the way they were won. Most of Kareem’s success in later years was seen as Magic’s. If just winning one was all that counted Horry would be somewhere in the top right? 

Listen. Clearly I have made a mistake. I thought when I presented you with FACTS and not just strictly opinions that you would be open minded enough to realize THE ABSOLUTELY CLEARLY WRONG presentation through the years of LeBron not being a killer is not factual and downright not true. Do not mistake LeBron AND Magic for not being killers.  Clearly you have bought in to this total inaccurate MYTH about LeBron. Just because they are pass first guys does not mean they are not 2 of the ultimate alphas and KILLERS to ever play the game. They take over when they are needed. Just because they are not chuckers and do not shoot shoot shoot and they make the correct basketball play even if that means passing the rock to a wide open teammate in the clutch. What is that saying? The devils greatest trick was convincing people he did not exist? Well apparently that is LeBrons as well. Even though he averages the most ppg in elimination game history AND in game 7's He still is not a killer to you?! You being a celtics fan know more than anyone how much of a killer this man is. 2012. Game 6. ECF. Heat are down 3-2. Heat had just lost in devastating fashion at home game 5. But the moment the cameras came on at the celtics arena that night everyone knew it was over. HE HAD THE LOOK. TOTAL KILLER MODE!  Goes off for 45 points to tie up the series. The rest is history. Do not forget LeBron has the most career playoff points in NBA history as well. Almost a full 1k over the second place person. 

55.jpg

bron.jpg

e er.jpg

eerwer.jpg

game 7.jpg

30.jpg

ttr.jpg

rer.png

eer.png

ffrt.jpg

rererer.jpg

44tty.jpg

rtr.jpg

Edited by GwillMac6

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Listen. Clearly I have made a mistake. I thought when I presented you with FACTS and not just strictly opinions that you would be open minded enough to realize THE ABSOLUTELY CLEARLY WRONG presentation through the years of LeBron not being a killer is not factual and downright not true. Do not mistake LeBron AND Magic for not being killers.  Clearly you have bought in to this total inaccurate MYTH about LeBron. Just because they are pass first guys does not mean they are not 2 of the ultimate alphas and KILLERS to ever play the game. They take over when they are needed. Just because they are not chuckers and do not shoot shoot shoot and they make the correct basketball play even if that means passing the rock to a wide open teammate in the clutch. What is that saying? The devils greatest trick was convincing people he did not exist? Well apparently that is LeBrons as well. Even though he averages the most ppg in elimination game history AND in game 7's He still is not a killer to you?! You being a celtics fan know more than anyone how much of a killer this man is. 2012. Game 6. ECF. Heat are down 3-2. Heat had just lost in devastating fashion at home game 5. But the moment the cameras came on at the celtics arena that night everyone knew it was over. HE HAD THE LOOK. TOTAL KILLER MODE!  Goes off for 45 points to tie up the series. The rest is history. 

55.jpg

bron.jpg

e er.jpg

eerwer.jpg

game 7.jpg

30.jpg

ttr.jpg

rer.png

eer.png

It’s all good bro. Facts can be subjective ( you used game 7 stats and Jordan never went to a game 7 in his championship run)I’m not a Jordan fan, just a Jordan realist. I wanted him to lose so bad but rarely did. Shaq as well as Barkley have spoken about him needing to be more assertive and such and to me, nobody ever said MJ, Kobe, etc... needed to assert themselves more. Jordan would pass in critical moments when necessary, see paxson. However, he never passed out of game winning moments. FTR, I think lebron is probably a top 5 all time great. I just believe that MJ is better. Matter of fact, if right now using today’s players, I’m choosing Brodie as my closer/assasin. 

Edited by aubearcat

14 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

It’s all good bro. Facts can be subjective ( you used game 7 stats and Jordan never went to a game 7 in his championship run)I’m not a Jordan fan, just a Jordan realist. I wanted him to lose so bad but rarely did. Shaq as well as Barkley have spoken about him needing to be more assertive and such and to me, nobody ever said MJ, Kobe, etc... needed to assert themselves more. Jordan would pass in critical moments when necessary, see paxson. However, he never passed out of game winning moments. FTR, I think lebron is probably a top 5 all time great. I just believe that MJ is better. Matter of fact, if right now using today’s players, I’m choosing Brodie as my closer/assasin. 

Never went to a game 7 in the NBA finals but he did go to other game 7's in his playoff career. This is playoff history not just Finals history. In fact the last game 7 MJ played in was in the 98 Eastern conference finals vs the Pacers. Bulls won 88-83. Bulls shot 38% from the field and still won the game. MJ had 28 points but was 9 of 25 from the field but was 10 of 15 from the free throw line. https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199805310CHI.html He did lose. A lot. He is 1-9 in playoff gamers without Pippen. People ALWAYS pretend like his ish does not stink and he did not have a first act of his career. They only remember the title years. Those guys clearly do not know what they are talking about. I mean how dumb do they sound. JUST THIS PAST postseason at 33 years old LeBron  hit 2 playoff buzzer beaters and tied the most 40 point games in 1 playoffs with 8 AND had a 50 point NBA finals game to boot. The man is absolutely a killer. He shows it time and time again. The narrative is so layered in opinions and not facts about him. I am hella Biased but I think he is the greatest all around player ever. MJ was a better scorer but LeBron was better everywhere else. Brodie is a great choice. No one has the motor he has right now. He trys harder than anyone else in the game and is go go go go. 

fairly good synopsis of where I stand on the discussion. We’ve discussed 90’s basketball and the lower scores because of the defense and how it was a gladiators game. MJ did what he did getting mugged. That’s how the “MJ rules” came about. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

fairly good synopsis of where I stand on the discussion. We’ve discussed 90’s basketball and the lower scores because of the defense and how it was a gladiators game. MJ did what he did getting mugged. That’s how the “MJ rules” came about. 

90s NBA was trash. That was not basketball. It was a bunch of unskilled dudes who could not score the rock so to spice it up stern let them mean mug each other and clothlesline people and all sorts of WWE moves being performed and have fights break out all over. It was football on hardwood. But of course people who are fans of that era will claim it was great defense when it was just terrible offense. LeBron is a gladiator. Look at the way he is built. He is better built for that era than chicken legs mj. Same for Russ. Bron and shaq are the 2 worst officiated people in NBA history. They have so many fouls on them that do not get called. They constantly get mugged but because dudes bounce off of them they do not get the benefit of the doubt that harden does or mj used to. O and clearly the numbers tell a different story. He absolutely has the assasin mentality. He proves it time and time again each playoffs. It is like these bums who talk for a living do not even watch the games. The media is filled with MJ fanboys who constantly go to bat for him. Why do Nick Wright, Cowherd and SHannon Sharpe stick out? Because they are the rare Bron homer when everyone else had MJ posters on their wall as kids that are in the media now.

Edited by GwillMac6

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Never went to a game 7 in the NBA finals but he did go to other game 7's in his playoff career. This is playoff history not just Finals history. In fact the last game 7 MJ played in was in the 98 Eastern conference finals vs the Pacers. Bulls won 88-83. Bulls shot 38% from the field and still won the game. MJ had 28 points but was 9 of 25 from the field but was 10 of 15 from the free throw line. https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199805310CHI.html He did lose. A lot. He is 1-9 in playoff gamers without Pippen. People ALWAYS pretend like his ish does not stink and he did not have a first act of his career. They only remember the title years. Those guys clearly do not know what they are talking about. I mean how dumb do they sound. JUST THIS PAST postseason at 33 years old LeBron  hit 2 playoff buzzer beaters and tied the most 40 point games in 1 playoffs with 8 AND had a 50 point NBA finals game to boot. The man is absolutely a killer. He shows it time and time again. The narrative is so layered in opinions and not facts about him. I am hella Biased but I think he is the greatest all around player ever. MJ was a better scorer but LeBron was better everywhere else. Brodie is a great choice. No one has the motor he has right now. He trys harder than anyone else in the game and is go go go go. 

MJ would’ve been a modern day Russell. Had he not went to the barons because of his gambling, the bulls would’ve won 8 ships in a row.  Lebron has amazing skills and an amazing career but giving the devil his due. If I’m coming down the court with 10 seconds on the clock down by a point or a score, I want Larry, I mean Mike, to take the shot 😏

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

MJ would’ve been a modern day Russell. Had he not went to the barons because of his gambling, the bulls would’ve won 8 ships in a row.  Lebron has amazing skills and an amazing career but giving the devil his due. If I’m coming down the court with 10 seconds on the clock down by a point or a score, I want Larry, I mean Mike, to take the shot 😏

Give me LeBron all day. I want the ball in his hands. He is going to make the correct play. Rather it be him or the wide open man taking the shot. MJ or Kobe most of the time are going to take the shot damned if they do damned if they don't even if it is a bad shot. hahaha Bird was def clutch. for sure for sure. If by meaning a modern day russell he racked up titles in a weak era? I AGREE!!!! lmao WOOO!!! LETS GOOO!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

90s NBA was trash. That was not basketball. It was a bunch of unskilled dudes who could not score the rock so to spice it up stern let them mean mug each other and clothlesline people and all sorts of WWE moves being performed and have fights break out all over. It was football on hardwood. But of course people who are fans of that era will claim it was great defense when it was just terrible offense. LeBron is a gladiator. Look at the way he is built. He is better build for that era than chicken legs mj.  Bronand shaq are the 2 worst officiated people in NBA history. They have so many fouls on them that do not get called. They constantly get mugged but because dudes bounce off of them they do not get the benefit of the doubt that harden does or mj used to.

I would question if you give the same credit to Brady that you do lebron. Montana won his championships against much different rules than Brady but Brady still has crazy numbers. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Give me LeBron all day. I want the ball in his hands. He is going to make the correct play. Rather it be him or the wide open man taking the shot. MJ or Kobe most of the time are going to take the shot damned if they do damned if they don't even if it is a bad shot. hahaha Bird was def clutch. for sure for sure. If by meaning a modern day russell he racked up titles in a weak era? I AGREE!!!! lmao WOOO!!! LETS GOOO!!!!!!

I’m saying rings fam. More ships than the Navy. 

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I would question if you give the same credit to Brady that you do lebron. Montana won his championships against much different rules than Brady but Brady still has crazy numbers. 

Brady is the second best QB I have ever seen. I have noticed no one really seems to give the NFL crap like they do the NBA. I mean there are a few people here and there but for the most part people recognize with the NFL what they fail to give the NBA credit for which is this is the most talented era and the best QB play we have ever seen. I think 99% of it has to do with there is no mythical figure like MJ that people get stuck on when it comes to the NBA. People cannot move on from MJ. SO it is easy for NFL fans to give brady his due and the other NFL players of this time period.  I blame a lot of the media for that. They constantly talk about MJ. ALWAYS. The NFL does not do that. They keep it in the here and now and do not constantly compare EVERY SINGLE good player that comes along to players of the past. 

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Oh yeah that's what I meant.  I wasn't being mean or anything.

Didn't think you were. We good.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

From the highlights I’ve seen, there were some amazing dunks. 

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I know @GwillMac6 won’t like this. Lol

haha I 50% like it!!!! Dirk is one of my favorite players ever. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1