First charges filed in Mueller investigation (merged)

AUDub

25 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Do you fully understand how these investigations typically work?  This is the equivalent of catching the bait fish so that they can hook the marlin.  This is not the end Salty; it's the beginning.  Mueller and team have info that we don't and will use that against Manafort and others to have them give up bigger fish.  It's an extremely common practice.

If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that Mueller has a lot more info than we do. Keeping the Papadopoulos plea under wraps is incredible in this day and age. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's not a "nothingburger" on Pap when he's already pleaded guilty to the crimes.  And in the documents, it's clear he did have access to upper levels of the campaign.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion.  If anything, Pap may have been used for other officials as well.  We simply don't know at this point as Mueller has proven that he can keep things under wraps.  None of us knew about the Pap thing until today and Manafort sure didn't know about the surprise raid that hit him a couple of months ago.

Brad, he was an unpaid intern that no one paid attention to. He couldn't set up a meeting between Trump campaign and Russians. No collusion. Also, Maanfort indictment changes NOTHING. Revolves around circumstances well before the campaign. Doesn't even mention Trump campaign. Trump wins, again. 

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Papad, a name no one knew before today, who is now a documented liar, who didn't even have access to Trump officials, and was rejected summarily = Nothingburger

He had access. Even better he had a paper trail. Got caught lying to the FBI and flipped to become a cooperating witness. It's big. 

DNZY4I4VAAAJ4IH.jpg

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Only Manafort charges that will stick are tax related. Was a major letdown to many, who wanted something juicier. All that's left are ancient crimes and misdemeanors.  

Pulling things directly out of your ass now. 

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Brad, he was an unpaid intern that no one paid attention to. He couldn't set up a meeting between Trump campaign and Russians. No collusion. Also, Maanfort indictment changes NOTHING. Revolves around circumstances well before the campaign. Doesn't even mention Trump campaign. Trump wins, again. 

I'll let Ben's image state my rebuttal for "no one paying attention to" Pap.  Also, Trump has said his campaign didn't collude.  If it can proven that high officials in fact did do that, then he's shown to be a liar (again).

As for Manafort, you get him on other charges, see what he knows, lessen his penalties based on what he can do to provide a bigger fish.  This has been the FBI's motus operandi for literally decades.

If this is Trump winning, I'd hate to see what losing looks like.  Because my friend, this isn't over.

3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

He had access. Even better he had a paper trail. Got caught lying to the FBI and flipped to become a cooperating witness. It's big. 

DNZY4I4VAAAJ4IH.jpg

As good any place to pull from at this point. Time will tell. this kid is a nothing

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

As good any place to pull from at this point. Time will tell. this kid is a nothing

Y'all do remember it was tax evasion that brought down Capone, right?  It's often something or someone you don't expect to be the catalyst.

14 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

DNZY4I4VAAAJ4IH.jpg

He attended meetings, as do most interns. is that all you got so assert he had access to officials? i mean good grief did you think i meant he was locked in a closet?

And no, I didn't pull anything out of my ass. I've read the indictment. The accusations are ancient and some are even misdemeanors. please, point out where Trump campaign is tagged in indictment 

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's not a "nothingburger" on Pap when he's already pleaded guilty to the crimes.  And in the documents, it's clear he did have access to upper levels of the campaign.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion.  If anything, Pap may have been used for other officials as well.  We simply don't know at this point as Mueller has proven that he can keep things under wraps.  None of us knew about the Pap thing until today and Manafort sure didn't know about the surprise raid that hit him a couple of months ago.

Brad, Do you fully understand how these investigations typically work? Sorry, could not resist. He came to the conclusion just as you and others did. It is called speculation. That is quite simply all anyone has at this point. Sure, you can try and interpret what you read in a partisan rag, but I suggest you wait and see. Just a thought and likely the wise option. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Brad, Do you fully understand how these investigations typically work? Sorry, could not resist. He came to the conclusion just as you and others did. It is called speculation. That is quite simply all anyone has at this point. Sure, you can try and interpret what you read in a partisan rag, but I suggest you wait and see. Just a thought and likely the wise option. 

Didn't realize Reuters, the AP, and the actual Mueller filings were partisan rags now, since that's mostly where I have read things on the subject.  Article I posted from The Hill was simply a timeline of events based on the Mueller documents (and is the only thing from there that I've read).  Hell, go back to an earlier post where I said we simply do not know what else Mueller has or doesn't have.

Side bar: I'll put my knowledge of news partisanship and writing ahead of just about anyone else's on this board.

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I would read Ken White's stuff I posted earlier. He knows how these things work. Hell, he was a federal prosecutor. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Didn't realize Reuters, the AP, and the actual Mueller filings were partisan rags now, since that's mostly where I have read things on the subject.  Article I posted from The Hill was simply a timeline of events based on the Mueller documents (and is the only thing from there that I've read).  Hell, go back to an earlier post where I said we simply do not know what else Mueller has or doesn't have.

Side bar: I'll put my knowledge of news partisanship and writing ahead of just about anyone else's on this board.

No offense, but that changes nothing. None of it. 

I'll wait and see. Do what you feel you need to do. 

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

I would read Ken White's stuff I posted earlier. He knows how these things work. Hell, he was a federal prosecutor. 

But why would we listen to people who have done this for a living?  That makes no sense!  :-\

Papadopoulos was an unpaid foreign policy campaign adviser who stupidly lied to the FBI. He wanted Trump to meet Putin, Trump Team said no. 

— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) October 30, 2017

About sums it up for junior

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

No offense, but that changes nothing. None of it. 

I'll wait and see. Do what you feel you need to do. 

Considering the Broncos score right now, I need to drink more scotch.

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I read it. Good article.

But why would we listen to people who have done this for a living?  That makes no sense!  :-\

That is called emotion. You are better than that.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

No, it's called sarcasm.

Given the scotch revelation, I suspect both are accurate depictions.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I read it. Good article.

You should bookmark his website, Popehat, and follow him on Twitter. He's a dyed in the wool libertarian, but I'll be damned if he doesn't know his s***. He's become my go to for law and legal. He and Volokh are on the top of that particular pantheon for me right now.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Given the scotch revelation, I suspect both are accurate depictions.

Sadly, I'm sober.  Was making a joke since the Broncos suck something fierce this season.  Actually saving the scotch for the morning tailgate in Aggieland Saturday.  But the comment was meant to be sarcasm with a hint of truth to it, as often times our society loves to refuse the experiences and testimony of experts in their chosen field.

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

You should bookmark his website, Popehat, and follow him on Twitter. He's a dyed in the wool libertarian, but I'll be damned if he doesn't know his s***. He's become my go to for law and legal. He and Volokh are on the top of that particular pantheon for me right now.

Done. Actually read some other stuff on the site earlier. I like it. Thanks!

Sadly, I'm sober.  Was making a joke since the Broncos suck something fierce this season.  Actually saving the scotch for the morning tailgate in Aggieland Saturday.  But the comment was meant to be sarcasm with a hint of truth to it, as often times our society loves to refuse the experiences and testimony of experts in their chosen field.

Nothing sad about being sober. Hope you get to enjoy the bottle Saturday. WDE!

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He attended meetings, as do most interns. is that all you got so assert he had access to officials? i mean good grief did you think i meant he was locked in a closet?

He also exchanged emails with them, even interacting directly with the campaign manager and who the hell else knows until we see what else Mueller has. He had access. Stomping your foot and moving the goalposts changes nothing. 

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

And no, I didn't pull anything out of my ass. I've read the indictment. The accusations are ancient and some are even misdemeanors. please, point out where Trump campaign is tagged in indictment 

QYs9U2q.jpg

Archived