First charges filed in Mueller investigation (merged)

AUDub

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Done. Actually read some other stuff on the site earlier. I like it. Thanks!

Want a good laugh, look up anything tagged "shut up." It's hilarious. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great to hear.....need you feeling good and ready to go early Saturday morning

It's not uncommon.  Mostly a water, green tea, and Gatorade guy.  I rarely drink unless I'm with friends or entertaining clients.  I'll be ready to go Saturday though.  Parents are driving over from Montgomery to experience a game at A&M.  Taking them to get some Texas BBQ and see some Austin blues music while they're here.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's not uncommon.  Mostly a water, green tea, and Gatorade guy.  I rarely drink unless I'm with friends or entertaining clients.  I'll be ready to go Saturday though.  Parents are driving over from Montgomery to experience a game at A&M.  Taking them to get some Texas BBQ and see some Austin blues music while they're here.

What time do I need to be there?

Just now, bigbird said:

Tailgate starts at 8 a.m.  PM me if you want directions to it.  Austin Auburn Club is hosting.  Bloody Mary's and Mimosas pre-game.  Post-game beer and jambalaya.

Just now, bigbird said:

11am game. I recommend bourbon at 7 and a couple of beers around 10ish before walking in. Be sure to post often in the meantime. ;)

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Tailgate starts at 8 a.m.  PM me if you want directions to it.  Austin Auburn Club is hosting.  Bloody Mary's and Mimosas pre-game.  Post-game beer and jambalaya.

Would love to, but that means leave by 6 and I have to be at the FH at that time.  I will most likely miss the first 1/2. I hate 11:00 games

Just now, bigbird said:

Would love to, but that means leave by 6 and I have to be at the FH at that time.  I will most likely miss the first 1/2. I hate 11:00 games

I'm okay with it this weekend. Dodged soccer with Sadie, but my wife scheduled family picks (we've yet to do any with the new addition) at three. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, I'm having to leave here at 6-ish to get over there as well.  Gonna be a long day.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, I'm having to leave here at 6-ish to get over there as well.  Gonna be a long day.

I was gonna try and go until it was announced for 11.  We'll have to try to get an aufamily BBQ crawl during the offseason.:lol:

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was gonna try and go until it was announced for 11.  We'll have to try to get an aufamily BBQ crawl during the offseason.:lol:

BbSIwoK.gif

9 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

He also exchanged emails with them, even interacting directly with the campaign manager and who the hell else knows until we see what else Mueller has. He had access. Stomping your foot and moving the goalposts changes nothing. 

QYs9U2q.jpg

I was referencing the manafort charges in second part. Read more closely. 

If you're convinced he is tied with the Trump campaign then maybe you should become a prosecutor. He had "communication," but he did not have access. He tried to have access and was turned down. What do you not understand? Obviously you know more than the FBI. Because right now, there's not a shred of evidence that points the other way. You want so badly to see Trump fall. In your desperation you attempt to manipulate that which is known, sadly to no avail. 

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If you're convinced he is tied with the Trump campaign then maybe you should become a prosecutor. He had "communication," but he did not have access. He tried to have access and was turned down. What do you not understand? Obviously you know more than the FBI. Because right now, there's not a shred of evidence that points the other way. You want so badly to see Trump fall. In your desperation you attempt to manipulate that which is known, sadly to no avail. 

:laugh:  I just love irony in the morning.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

:laugh:  I just love irony in the morning.

Yeah, silly me. To hell with Due Process-TRUMP IS GUILTY. Hey, while y'all exegete those indictments, take a look at Constitution as well.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yeah, silly me. To hell with Due Process-TRUMP IS GUILTY. Hey, while y'all exegete those indictments, take a look at Constitution as well.

He'll never be guilty of anything in your mind.  God only knows why.

Just now, homersapien said:

He'll never be guilty of anything in your mind.  God only knows why.

It doesn't matter if he is guilty in my mind or not, only matters if guilty in court of law. C'mon Homer

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It doesn't matter if he is guilty in my mind or not, only matters if guilty in court of law. C'mon Homer

That's a straw man argument.  Who exactly on this forum has claimed Trump has been proven guilty? 

You - on the other hand - simply ignore or dismiss anything that has been revealed so far by the Mueller investigation.  We get it that it's not over yet.  You don't seem to.   You sound like Salty - "it's been _____ months and nothing has been found!  Trump is innocent!"  

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That's a straw man argument.  Who exactly on this forum has claimed Trump has been proven guilty? 

You - on the other hand - simply ignore or dismiss anything that has been revealed so far by the Mueller investigation.  We get it that it's not over yet.  You don't seem to.   You sound like Salty - "it's been _____ months and nothing has been found!  Trump is innocent!"  

Not a straw man argument. Innocent until proven guilty. Trump is innocent, has been innocent, and none of these recent developments changes that nor increase the probability that he will not remain innocent. 

.....And many can't stand that. The "big indictment" must've been quite the letdown

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Not a straw man argument. Innocent until proven guilty. Trump is innocent, has been innocent, and none of these recent developments changes that nor increase the probability that he will not remain innocent. 

.....And many can't stand that. The "big indictment" must've been quite the letdown

You make my point regarding your bias. 

Trump may be legally innocent but you declaring him simply innocent is an act of faith, especially considering his history and what is being disclosed by Mueller.  He is under suspicion for very good reason.

Oh, and it's not the "big" indictment. It's simply the first indictments.

Just now, homersapien said:

You make my point regarding your bias. 

Trump may be legally innocent but you declaring him simply innocent is an act of faith, especially considering his history and what is being disclosed by Mueller.  He is under suspicion for very good reason.

You're acting like innocence is something that has to be proven - it doesn't. It's presumed until proven guilty. That's how this works.

48 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The photographs of him in meetings with Trump, Sessions and other Trump officials combined with remarks referencing Papadapolous Trump made to WaPo (not to mention the remarks of others close to Trump about Papadopoulos) indicate he had some level of access.

The fact that Papadapolous was pursuing access to high level Russian officials at the time coinciding with the Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort meeting regarding Russia's Magnitzsky Act/oppo (the meeting that Trump's administration lied about), is also damaging to the narrative you're attempting to perpetuate here.

Where you're correct here, none of us know who is guilty or who's going down, but the people representing the right here refuse to apply logic and connect the dots being presented throughout this process.  Your attempt to paint another poster as desperate is laughable.

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You're acting like innocence is something that has to be proven - it doesn't. It's presumed until proven guilty. That's how this works.

In the legal system.  

I am, of course, referring to innocent or guilt in actual terms. 

There are plenty of people who were declared "not guilty" that were in fact, not innocent.  O.J. comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, HVAU said:

The photographs of him in meetings with Trump, Sessions and other Trump officials combined with remarks referencing Papadapolous Trump made to WaPo (not to mention the remarks of others close to Trump about Papadopoulos) indicate he had some level of access.

The fact that Papadapolous was pursuing access to high level Russian officials at the time coinciding with the Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort meeting regarding Russia's Magnitzsky Act/oppo (the meeting that Trump's administration lied about), is also damaging to the narrative you're attempting to perpetuate here.

Where you're correct here, none of us know who is guilty or who's going down, but the people representing the right here refuse to apply logic and connect the dots being presented throughout this processYour attempt to paint another poster as desperate is laughable.

I don't have to paint another picture. Trump is still innocent. Nothing has changed. The narrative of Trump collusion is laughable because it has no evidentiary basis. 

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I don't have to paint another picture. Trump is still innocent. Nothing has changed. The narrative of Trump collusion is laughable because it has no evidentiary basis. 

You don't know if he is innocent or not.  All you know is that he hasn't been indicted.  That's hardly the same as being innocent.

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I somehow have my reservations that this reluctance to believe what is clearly a reasonable inference here would be present if this entire saga were about a Democrat politician such as Obama or Hillary.  Amazing how we are so much more willing to suspend judgment when its 'our guy' in the crosshairs.

Archived