To win or not to win?

I can hardly imagine winning or hanging with#1 or #2 after realizing Gus's coaching theology or philosophy or whatever you call it. KJ cannot beat uga or bamr alone with long passes in between. Where the hek is the rotation that keeps fresh legs churning? I love you KJ but I don't have much faith in you being the one who manhandles GA or Bamr. I'm gonna say 8 wins is our max while other teams with great coaching who rotate their RB's destroy us. It's time for change ASATSIO...(as soon as this season is over) ... but who wants to compete with Saban? We need a real MAN to step up & accept the challenge. Gus, I say "goodbye"! 

Great post!!! We should forfeit the rest of our games and save everyone for when we get Nick Saban, Urban Myer, James Franklin, Mike Gundy, Tom Herman, and Matt Campbell all on staff next year.

Rewrite the Creed to include give up, quit, tap out into it also. That's the Auburn spirit man.

But honestly I think this post was due to more of this.......

https://alumni.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Montgomery-Chapter-Membership-Form.pdf

Please note that "you don't have to be a graduate of the university to be a chapter member" lol.

Yep, we’re doomed.  Let’s root for losing both games by 50 so we can clean house and get into a bidding war for Kiffin.

Can’t even work up the energy to further comment on this mindset.

And some on here are already posting on a thread about the next head coach. That just not something to do until you don't have a coach.

9 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I can hardly imagine winning or hanging with#1 or #2 after realizing Gus's coaching theology or philosophy or whatever you call it. KJ cannot beat uga or bamr alone with long passes in between. Where the hek is the rotation that keeps fresh legs churning? I love you KJ but I don't have much faith in you being the one who manhandles GA or Bamr. I'm gonna say 8 wins is our max while other teams with great coaching who rotate their RB's destroy us. It's time for change ASATSIO...(as soon as this season is over) ... but who wants to compete with Saban? We need a real MAN to step up & accept the challenge. Gus, I say "goodbye"! 

The saying "the hay is in the barn" means that the planning, preparation and hard work is complete. Let's allow the coaches to actually coach the game before we call it a loss, okay? All Auburn fans are put out with the senseless losses to Clemson and LSU this season but the season isn't over and Gus's resume isn't complete. We face two proverbial giants in the upcoming weeks but they can be beaten. David beat Goliath with a stone when it didn't seem he had a chance. Auburn has more than a chance. This team hasn't given up and nothing has shown that they will going forward. Auburn has the talent to compete and win but it will take the execution of a great game plan. I believe they have the STONES (Scrappy Tigers Overcome November's Extreme Schedule) to do it. And they deserve the support of real FANS. 

7 hours ago, creed said:

And some on here are already posting on a thread about the next head coach. That just not something to do until you don't have a coach.

While I agree with this, I have to wonder if you said something similar to this after the LSU loss? 

9 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

BS! As unhappy as I am with Gus, I hate UGA and spuat with every fiber of my being! I never want us to lose no matter what. I desperately want Gustav to find a way to beat UGA and spuat! If he does, then I will shower Gus with well earned praise!

wde

Nobody here wants to win 10 or 11 games every year along with undefeated seasons more than I. I have been critical of this staff and at times, borderline irrational. (Wife says forget the "borderline"). However, as this season goes alone it is obvious that many of the SEC's top schools are going to be looking. I also believe that the coaches career dynamics may be changing. Look at Florida's coach. Mutual agreement without firing. Auburn may be forced to fill a vacancy at the end of the season. If Snider at K State retires again, then Arkansas may be looking at a vacancy where its HC left for K State (home). Gus gets a new 5 year contract at Arkansas. There is some chance this may happen or other moves. Remember, we want continuous 10, 11 or better seasons competing for championships. Now what? Remember Florida and Tennessee for sure are involved. It may be a coaches market, much like recruiting and our first or second choice may not be available. Omit any coaches with NCAA baggage (Kelly). Florida will probably get first choice especially among those coaches whose home State is Florida (UCF and Oregon). Plus Florida has an enormous and rich recruiting base and lots of money. 

Forget the hoof and mouth disease and immature responses, what are some logical moves to improve our football program?

anyone that wants auburn to lose to two of their biggest rivals are frigging idiots. a real fan never pulls against their team. idiot is one of the nicer things names i could think of as well. if that is the best you can do some of you are totally classless and are not real fans.

To quote a friend and member that recently passed.

"Don't step back from the edge...take one more step"

-TellingTiger

I can understand people being disappointed in Gus. His stubbornness cost us the LSU game.  That said we also have to give him credit where it is due. When he arrived at Auburn we had no D to speak of and his O carried us. He did something about the D he hired the right coaches and we have recruited fairly well on D since he arrived. His biggest issues is not adjusting his O as teams have started to figure it out.  The other thing is while Auburn Gus's team always play hard and never quit.

I watches LSU bama game and if their QB had hit some deep passes LSU could have won. Stidham is capable of hitting those passes. Also LSU D-Line bottled up bama O.  After watching that game I think we match up well and will have a chance to win. With Georgia I am just not sure sometimes I watch them play and think they are the best team in the Country other times I am not that impressed with them.  Because we are playing at Auburn and because of our D Line we have the talent to stop Georgia's run game. I think Fromm will then be the key. 

The Georgia game is the most important game this year. If we can win it like Gus or not it probably saves his job and it gives us the momentum and the confidence to play well and have an honest chance of beating bama. Lose against Georgia especially a bad loss and Gus is gone and I believe it costs us the confidence we will need going into the bama game. 

I have been around Auburn football a long time and seen many Auburn football miracles I really think we have a chance to have another miracle by Running Amen Corner and beating Georgia twice.  With Penn State and Ohio State losses yesterday running Amen Corner would actually give us a chance to get in the playoff's as the first two loss team to make it.  Still need a couple more miracles but we are getting close.  

So War Eagle and lets run Amen Corner this year. To do this Gus will have to allow us to run the Chip offense.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

While I agree with this, I have to wonder if you said something similar to this after the LSU loss? 

No, but my comment has nothing to do (my perspective) with winning or losing, but with respect for our team, school and Creed.

Archived