More taxpayer funded personal travel

TexasTiger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love for someone to do a survey of the writers, pundits and news outlets that flipped out over every travel expense by the Obama Administration, then contrast that with how much they've written on similarly "frivolous" travel under the current one.

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd love for someone to do a survey of the writers, pundits and news outlets that flipped out over every travel expense by the Obama Administration, then contrast that with how much they've written on similarly "frivolous" travel under the current one.

Don’t know. This particular article and the butthurt attached to it is pretty weak though. My brother works at Redstone Arsenal and apparently they have a contract to where their typical rolling chairs cost over 1000 each. And the workers that basically move employees from cubicle to cubicle charge over 1500. I once saw a whole crate of night vision goggles destroyed just because they had minor defescts that could be fixed. We have lost thousands upon thousands of thousands of dollars of weapons that was supposed to be sent to the Afghan army. We build a million dollar Afghan police station right beside a freaking mountain which is a prime location for the Taliban to mortar it down. The government blows so much money that people should be in prison.  However, if someone is going to act presidential on a business trip, go for it. I’m under no belief that they should have the same per diem or anything else. 

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know. This particular article and the butthurt attached to it is pretty weak though. My brother works at Redstone Arsenal and apparently they have a contract to where their typical rolling chairs cost over 1000 each. And the workers that basically move employees from cubicle to cubicle charge over 1500. I once saw a whole crate of night vision goggles destroyed just because they had minor defescts that could be fixed. We have lost thousands upon thousands of thousands of dollars of weapons that was supposed to be sent to the Afghan army. We build a million dollar Afghan police station right beside a freaking mountain which is a prime location for the Taliban to mortar it down. The government blows so much money that people should be in prison.  However, if someone is going to act presidential on a business trip, go for it. I’m under no belief that they should have the same per diem or anything else. 

I worked for NASA on Redstone Arsenal for many years. I assure you that gov't waste is a disgrace as you say. It's funny that people forget what former Presidents did that was ridiculous such as Bill Clinton sitting on the LAX runway in AF One holding up air traffic while he got a $400 haircut.

7 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I worked for NASA on Redstone Arsenal for many years. I assure you that gov't waste is a disgrace as you say. It's funny that people forget what former Presidents did that was ridiculous such as Bill Clinton sitting on the LAX runway in AF One holding up air traffic while he got a $400 haircut.

What an irrelevant tangent.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Titan be like "I hate whataboutism unless I bring it up."  Hilarious. Good job bro. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Titan be like "I hate whataboutism unless I bring it up."  Hilarious. Good job bro. 

I don't think you really get what "whataboutism" is.  It's not the mere comparison of how one side acted under similar circumstances.  It's when you use "what about ________" to deflect attention away from your guy's wrongdoing.  It's using a charge of hypocrisy to avoid the argument.  I'm not deflecting from anything and I'll jump into this argument with both feet. 

I'm wondering why the same people who had three cows, two pigs and a goat every time Obama spent money on travel they deemed excessive aren't ripping into this administration for doing the same thing.  Just like I wonder why the same people who deemed Bill Clinton unfit for the office because of his womanizing and accusations of sexual assault decided it wasn't that big a deal after all when Trump was up for election.

Nice try bro.

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You noticed too?

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm wondering why the same people who had three cows, two pigs and a goat every time Obama spent money on travel they deemed excessive aren't ripping into this administration for doing the same thing.

Or when the dems had a cow because people were taking shots at their esteemed First Lady but Trump’s FL is apparently fair game. It’s not my thing to rip either party for the spending money on travel expenses and never will be. Until I see one party actually try to tighten up the spending, the rhetoric regarding the spending from the media will forever have no weight on me either. No party is going to want to start the bookkeeping and figure out where our money is going and where our money has been though because ignorance is bliss and they don’t even want to know what kind of skeletons they will dig up. 

Lastly, the poster that howled the loudest about this was Raptor and he’s banned, so of course the opportunity to hear it from loudmouth isn’t even there. 

50 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Or when the dems had a cow because people were taking shots at their esteemed First Lady but Trump’s FL is apparently fair game. It’s not my thing to rip either party for the spending money on travel expenses and never will be. Until I see one party actually try to tighten up the spending, the rhetoric regarding the spending from the media will forever have no weight on me either. No party is going to want to start the bookkeeping and figure out where our money is going and where our money has been though because ignorance is bliss and they don’t even want to know how about it is. 

Lastly, the poster that howled the loudest about this was Raptor and he’s banned, so of course the opportunity to hear it from loudmouth isn’t even there. 

A lot of these personal abuses by cabinet members are corruption that you haven't demonstrated by Obama's cabinet.

53 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

A lot of these personal abuses by cabinet members are corruption that you haven't demonstrated by Obama's cabinet.

Like Obama’s VA chief did any better? The system was full of corruption. And as a whole, Obama’s presidency achieved new  heights in blowing tax payer money. Not to mention that the corrupt presidential nominee that you voted for was on Obama’s cabinet. If that kind of  systemic corruption can exist on Obama’s cabinet, any kind can. 

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-12-18/behold-american-taxpayer-what-happened-nearly-half-billion-your-dollars

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/shinseki-apologizes-for-va-health-care-scandal/2014/05/30/e605885a-e7f0-11e3-8f90-73e071f3d637_story.html?utm_term=.8fbec84f77c1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/07/20/in-afghanistan-more-multi-million-dollar-buildings-built-and-barely-used-by-the-u-s-military/?utm_term=.5cbd854773a3

Since Titan wants a simple comparison, this is the best way to go. 

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-obama-travel-cost-now-105662975-27/

Notice, the OP in the current thread said 

The WH is out of control 

Is there any possibility that the conservatives could’ve said something similar in comparison from Bush to Obama?

Well, yeah, but back to your wash, rinse, repeat,  partisan programming affairs. 

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Since Titan wants a simple comparison, this is the best way to go. 

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-obama-travel-cost-now-105662975-27/

Notice, the OP in the current thread said 

Is there any possibility that the conservatives could’ve said something similar in comparison from Bush to Obama?

Well, yeah, but back to your wash, rinse, repeat,  partisan programming affairs. 

I'm not being partisan, I'm actually advocating for people NOT to be partisan.  And to do that, Judicial Watch (for instance) would need to be just as bothered by the Trump admin's travel expenses as they were about the Obama admin's.  I'm saying that if a man is untrustworthy and unworthy of the office of president because he is a serial adulterer and possible perpetrator of sexual assault, then that should matter to you regardless of whether he has a "D" or an "R" in parentheses after his name.  

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not being partisan,

Neither is Judicial Watch. It’s a watchodog group. There are plenty of partisan media sites that roast Trump for his vacations though. Just like Obama had his. It’s a never ending cycle. The trend of extravagant spending has to end but the lip service from the losing, rival party equates to be nothing more than butthurt because time and time again, whenever the butthurt party finally gains the Presidency, they do more of the same as their rival. 

And I agree regarding the sexual predator, adulterer stuff. If people can vote for Trump despite knowing that 16 people accused him of sexual harassment, I don’t want to know why they consider themselves Christians and I don’t know why they think they can lecture me on pot and alcohol. 

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Neither is Judicial Watch. It’s a watchodog group. There are plenty of partisan media sites that roast Trump for his vacations though. Just like Obama had his. It’s a never ending cycle. The trend of extravagant spending has to end but the lip service from the losing, rival party equates to be nothing more than butthurt because time and time again, whenever the butthurt party finally gains the Presidency, they do more of the same as their rival. 

And I agree regarding the sexual predator, adulterer stuff. If people can vote for Trump despite knowing that 16 people accused him of sexual harassment, I don’t want to know why they consider themselves Christians and I don’t know why they think they can lecture me on pot and alcohol. 

f29.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/judicial-watch/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

Watchdoggery is incidental to its primary role, which is conservative-activist litigation. Larry Klayman was its founder.

5 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

f29.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/judicial-watch/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

Watchdoggery is incidental to its primary role, which is conservative-activist litigation. Larry Klayman was its founder.

Thanks for pointing out how it was founded.  Didn’t really care but whatever. It’s as close to nonpartisan as you can find to be founded by a conservative group and nothing you showed me have said otherwise. Same group have sued Bush before.  

Not to mention they wouldn’t say this:

We're fighting corruption in both parties. Because no one is above the law!

38 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Neither is Judicial Watch. It’s a watchodog group. There are plenty of partisan media sites that roast Trump for his vacations though. Just like Obama had his. It’s a never ending cycle.

When they make Obama's travel expenses a huge issue but act disinterested in Trump's, then they are not being a watchdog, they are being partisan.  

My issue isn't that we don't have people shining the spotlight on Trump's travel expenses, it's that the sites shining a light on this corruption change depending on who's occupying the office.  That's partisan bull**** that needs to stop.

38 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The trend of extravagant spending has to end but the lip service from the losing, rival party equates to be nothing more than butthurt because time and time again, whenever the butthurt party finally gains the Presidency, they do more of the same as their rival. 

Can't disagree with any of this.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Thanks for pointing out how it was founded.  Didn’t really care but whatever. It’s as close to nonpartisan as you can find to be founded by a conservative group and nothing you showed me have said otherwise. Same group have sued Bush before.  

Not to mention they wouldn’t say this:

We're fighting corruption in both parties. Because no one is above the law!

They can call themselves whatever they want. Doesn't make it true.

I'm not saying they haven't raised valid objections or done good work, but to pretend they aren't biased is ridiculous. They're a conservative organization with an axe to grind, and they're very selective on where they direct their outrage.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When they make Obama's travel expenses a huge issue but act disinterested in Trump's, then they are not being a watchdog, they are being partisan

They’re looking into both equally if you ask me.. Show me where they made a “big deal” out of it.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/tag/trump-travel/

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

My issue isn't that we don't have people shining the spotlight on Trump's travel expenses, it's that the sites shining a light on this corruption change depending on who's occupying the office.  That's partisan bull**** that needs to stop.

I️agree

14 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I'm not saying they haven't raised valid objections or done good work, but to pretend they aren't biased is ridiculous. They're a conservative organization with an axe to grind, and they're very selective on where they direct their outrage.

Well they’re conservative based and they make s*** ton of mistakes, but I’m thinking they enforce conservative principles, not necessarily republican principles, and are not above suing the GOP or snooping. They deserve more respect than Buzzfeed or whatever else website on the net whenever they continue to blast only one side.

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

They are biased on the extreme.

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Like Obama’s VA chief did any better? The system was full of corruption. And as a whole, Obama’s presidency achieved new  heights in blowing tax payer money. Not to mention that the corrupt presidential nominee that you voted for was on Obama’s cabinet. If that kind of  systemic corruption can exist on Obama’s cabinet, any kind can. 

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-12-18/behold-american-taxpayer-what-happened-nearly-half-billion-your-dollars

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/shinseki-apologizes-for-va-health-care-scandal/2014/05/30/e605885a-e7f0-11e3-8f90-73e071f3d637_story.html?utm_term=.8fbec84f77c1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/07/20/in-afghanistan-more-multi-million-dollar-buildings-built-and-barely-used-by-the-u-s-military/?utm_term=.5cbd854773a3

There's a lot of wasteful spending. Then there's abuse for purely personal reasons which is the corruption this thread was about.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:17 AM, TitanTiger said:

I'd love for less bias in the media too, but that's beside the point to me. It's being reported, loudly, and with no less fervor than was used by the sources reporting on Obama. 

edit: When I say beside the point, I mean in this instance. When I read a story that holds politicians accountable, my first thought is, "good." Partisan reporting and "fake news" is a big problem and I don't mean to minimize it. 

Archived