Gus

bg5

I've been on the roller coaster ride of fire Gus or keep him. Don't think the coaching pool is great this year. Almost lean toward the "be careful what you wish for" category when it comes to letting him go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Gus looked like a HC tonight.  He let his coaches coach, but there were Lots of good in game decisions that made a difference that can only be attributed to Gus, such as pooch kicks, challenges, and proper TO's. Previously he looked and meddled like a disgruntled OC that had his ball taken away.

Amen brother ??

I long for stability at the HC position. If Gus can coach like a real HC, as he appeared to today, would love to see him stay and have a long, successful run. Hope the LSU ?show was somehow a turning point. Great win today though, thrilled for him and the team.

Just watched the game. I had to work today, all day and recorded it. Did not look at FB, Twitter, AUfamily nothing because I wanted to see the game "live". All I can say is WOW! That's the Auburn we've all been looking for! I am not ready to get back on the bus yet but if the sleeping giant has been awaken and we play like this from now on, I'll be at the bus stop teying to get on! Great game, our guys were well prepared, our game plan couldn't have been better. Keep it going Please!

Edit: Please rest KJ next week!!!!!

2 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Great game by Gus today however, I still want him gone.

I want him gone too.....to Atlanta. 

Great Win!  Hope Gus stays but sure can't blame him if he leaves. Unlike the other 5 or 6 or more SEC coaches who will be looking for new jobs, Gus will have many good offers.  A coaching change right now would set our program back a few notches IMO.  Lets all get behind our team and coaches for the next 2 (hopefully 3) weeks.  WDE!!!!!

3 hours ago, War T Eagle said:

Gus coached a great game today. It was very non gus like in play calling. While I am not a Gus fan and wanted him gone last season I give him props today. That said... He has to Win the iron bowl or he hasn't earned his HC job for next year imo.

I think your out of luck here.

getting the GA win and beating  the current #1, in order to give AU a chance to go to the SEC championship solidified him to remain next year. No one is going to fire him. If he had lost to both again, yes. Losing to only one, no. Not when you just played 2 #1s.

14 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I think your out of luck here.

getting the GA win and beating  the current #1, in order to give AU a chance to go to the SEC championship solidified him to remain next year. No one is going to fire him. If he had lost to both again, yes. Losing to only one, no. Not when you just played 2 #1s.

Yeah. Jj getting fired makes him more vulnerable and his coaching the last couple of years had been predicable because he's been too stubborn to adapt his coaching to his player's talents and instead he tries to force players into his system. 

Gus is probably going soon unless he turned over this new leaf permanently. The talent pool may be prohibitive this year, but I certainly don't think he's done alot to convince us he really deserves the position next year, maybe only that he's not as bad as the worse options available right now lol. The lsu loss was unacceptable. I don't know any other word for it. 

One of Gus' biggest weaknesses as a coach,that if he could fix, could change everything: it is his inability to coach players up and take them to the next step of development. 

Here's to hoping we stomp Bama and Gus gets me back on the bus. 

16 minutes ago, War T Eagle said:

Yeah. Jj getting fired makes him more vulnerable and his coaching the last couple of years had been predicable because he's been too stubborn to adapt his coaching to his player's talents and instead he tries to force players into his system. 

Gus is probably going soon unless he turned over this new leaf permanently. The talent pool may be prohibitive this year, but I certainly don't think he's done alot to convince us he really deserves the position next year, maybe only that he's not as bad as the worse options available right now lol. The lsu loss was unacceptable. I don't know any other word for it. 

One of Gus' biggest weaknesses as a coach,that if he could fix, could change everything: it is his inability to coach players up and take them to the next step of development. 

This post made sense right up until we took the lead yesterday.

Did any of y'all notice the GIANT smile that Gus had on his face leading the team out of the tunnel at the beginning of the game? He hasn't looked like that all year. Or last year, come to think of it. He KNEW we were going to win that game.  Maybe it has been a lack of confidence in the players before now, maybe the atmosphere in the locker room or Athletic department is different now, maybe he just let it go and gave it up to God or chance or whatever.  But he was genuinely happy and emotional in that game.  It's a return to his old ways, not becoming a new Gus.  This is the guy that was our OC in 2010 and our head coach in 2013.  This is the guy I root for and want to be our coach for a long time, because this guy you can believe in.  

I would love to play Clemson and Lsu again this season. Lsu not likely, but Clemson?? Who knows. We win out and they do, a showdown for sure! I think we beat ol Dodo's britches in fine fashion in the final 4.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, bigbird said:

Gus looked like a HC tonight.  He let his coaches coach, but there were Lots of good in game decisions that made a difference that can only be attributed to Gus, such as pooch kicks, challenges, and proper TO's. Previously he looked and meddled like a disgruntled OC that had his ball taken away.

Yes he did and I agree with the rest of your comments as well. I always pulled for him for the team but it became apparent that he had to wake up or else. I also think Gus now knows that the coaching staff and team that played Saturday beats LSU by 30.

I am hoping that eats at him so much that he never forgets it because then it becomes one of those things that causes eyes to open and a permanent change. 

The Georgia effort was just a fantastic performance by the HC, the coaching staff and the players. As long as the change is permanent, Gus keeps his foot on the floor, lets his staff do their job, Gus and Auburn will do very well.

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Yes he did and I agree with the rest of your comments as well. I always pulled for him for the team but it became apparent that he had to wake up or else. I also think Gus now knows that the coaching staff and team that played Saturday beats LSU by 30.

I am hoping that eats at him so much that he never forgets it because it will become one of those things in life that causes a person's eyes to open and a permanent change to them. 

The Georgia effort was just a fantastic performance by the HC, the coaching staff and the players. As long as the change is permanent, Gus keeps his foot on the floor, lets his staff do their job, Gus and Auburn will do very well.

Amen!!

wde

Where is my plate of crow ? Great game by our Tigers and a great game for Gus.This is the way we all knew this team could play. Like many have said if we had played like this all season we would be #1 and undefeated. Makes the lsu loss even harder to take in some ways. I posted other day that I was pulling for Gus to show me he could win the big games and he did just that, they don't get any bigger than beating the # 1 team, unless it's beating a #1 bammer. I'm pulling for these TIGERS and for Gus to keep this going right to the SEC championship and into the playoffs., fingers crossed. :wareagle::wareagle:

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

A year ago some fans would have killed for jimbo, 2 months ago mullen, 2 days ago Kirby, 2 weeks from now kiffin. I accepted long ago many just work that way, which is fine and make this forum fun sometimes.  It's always wrapped up in some sort of fuzzy logic-speak, a couple of facts,  and saying we should demand excellence. So fire em all.

But it's gets scary when they actually try to force decisions or policy. Can there be peace for a least at little while before gus just quits to escape this? 

Congrats Gus!  Beat Bama!

everybody 'cept the fan-bashing crowd is enjoying it.

2 hours ago, War T Eagle said:

Maybe you should find another bus.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I would love to play Clemson and Lsu again this season. Lsu not likely, but Clemson?? Who knows. We win out and they do, a showdown for sure! I think we beat ol Dodo's britches in fine fashion in the final 4.

I would love to poke Dabos bubble. IK man has a very rough background and upbringing. But it’s almost disturbing to see someone so happy all the time. I feel like I’m watching Rudy on repeat when I see him 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Did any of y'all notice the GIANT smile that Gus had on his face leading the team out of the tunnel at the beginning of the game? He hasn't looked like that all year. Or last year, come to think of it. He KNEW we were going to win that game.  Maybe it has been a lack of confidence in the players before now, maybe the atmosphere in the locker room or Athletic department is different now, maybe he just let it go and gave it up to God or chance or whatever.  But he was genuinely happy and emotional in that game.  It's a return to his old ways, not becoming a new Gus.  This is the guy that was our OC in 2010 and our head coach in 2013.  This is the guy I root for and want to be our coach for a long time, because this guy you can believe in.  

I missed that one, but I did not miss the final buzzer smile, walking across the field.  "Beatific" doesn't even describe it.  I want more of it and whatever brought it about.  I agree.  

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This post made sense right up until we took the lead yesterday.

Maybe. Maybe not. Gus coached an awesome game yesterday. That doesn't make the last 3 years magically vanish. That said War Eagle. His comment after the game was hilarious.

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yep, everything was different yesterday. The atmosphere on campus before the game was electric and confident.

Even after Georgia scored first I didn't sense any doom and gloom from the fans at all. Congrats to Gus, the coaching staff and players, it was great. Wonder what Kirby thinks about the crowd not that he would ever admit that the crowd impacted the game greatly in our favor.

1 hour ago, War T Eagle said:

Such a pleasant person lol.

Just seems like this isn't your type of bus, besides, maybe Gus doesn't want you on his bus.

Archived